What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tashkurgan grow and smoke report

Zero Hedge

Veteran
here are two Tashkurgans. One expresses pink pistils and more resin glands
attachment.php

while the other has less bud development and less resin

attachment.php

Only one that I have is "hempy" (low oder that's stale, and very leafy - this second pic) while the other three have nice aromas and sparkle in the sunlight.

... I still don't know how to upload pictures correctly because they always seem cloudy by the time they get on here :dunno:

Attachments

• 11-21 tash3.jpg
    11-21 tash3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 11-21 tash5.jpg
    11-21 tash5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 103

Zero Hedge

Veteran
I just harvested three Tashkurgans. I didn't grow them out huge - I got a late start and so they stayed on the smaller side. I had two purple plants and one green. I just cut them down tonight so haven't had a chance to smoke. They had good aroma late in flower, and one has a smell of dark raspberry, really nice. I made seeds and took cuts to play around with. If anyone wants to expand their gene pool and trade some Tashkurgan beans, let me know, even tho I can't get DMs here, lolz

Here's a comparison:
while they were growing - the green

attachment.php

and one of the purples

attachment.php

and after they were cut down and hung for a bit:

attachment.php

closer of flower after light trim

attachment.php

Peace

Attachments

• 12-20-tash-trim.jpg
    12-20-tash-trim.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 12-20-tash-purp.jpg
    12-20-tash-purp.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 12-20-tash-green.jpg
    12-20-tash-green.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 12-20-tash-compare.jpg
    12-20-tash-compare.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 146

Plantguy

Thanks for sharing, looking good!
Did they have much aroma during veg or flower? I'm always interested in a good outdoors stealth strain. Nanda Devi was a good strain for stealth aroma, but it grew quite tall!

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Thank you, @Hempy_McNoodle

@plantguy, yes, there was always an aroma coming off them. Low at the start, and more pronounced in later flower. There was another plant with them too, which I know is a real stinker, but these three also gassed up the place pretty good on their own. Nothing obnoxious, but my neighbors could smell.

JonnyWeedSeed

So I grew some Tashie indoors this fall/winter. Been curious about this one for a long time and finally got around to popping some. Nice moderately vigorous plant with a really beefy solid structure like many other Afghan landraces. Easy and happy plant to grow .... from 5 seeds got 3 males and 2 females .... all similar in structure, vigor and aromas. Tolerated moderate to heavy feeding well. Buds were medium size but heavy and dense .... hard as rocks. Was hoping for more cherry red coloration like in the catalogue but got some nice purplish-blues after last week's deep freeze. Bud aroma was light in intensity but is a really fine sweet floral with rich eucalyptus-lavender scents. Lots of sticky frost too. Will post a smoke report in a month or so. Peace.

Attachments

• T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • T1.jpg
    T1.jpg