What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what are the most expensive seeds on the market?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
It seems the market is ruled by offer vs demand laws and marketing. That's what really puts the price at the end of the day, not the quality or the true value. But biggest price is always the one people is willing to pay. There is $3 wine and $+100k wine out there! :biggrin:

The ones that haven't been corrupted by Dutch genetics yet.

Haha, I would rather say the ones that haven't been corrupted by US genetics yet, hard to find anything clean from OGKush and so on lately...

10 years ago we complained about how Skunk was everywhere, now it's the same with US commercial cultivars. The worst part is the fact that due to internet and globalization, US genetics are spreading everywhere to a much larger extent than Dutch genes 20 years ago. Even the Dutch, UK, Swiss and Spanish companies are loosing their own scene identities and following the trends from Cali and so on, because that's what the mainstream market demands worldwide.

Good old Dutch and Swiss genetics pre-2000 are far more valuable nowadays IMO. And they were breeding to pretty high standards until the law changed that. Nowadays everything is about hype, bag appeal and marketing, inbreeding what's already inbred and genetically limited. Everything can be subjective though, so is quality to certain extent. It all depends on people's background, education, interests and so on.

G

I recently spent $250 for 6 feminized rubber city. Just now sprouting. One didnt make it. Was it worth it ? I dont know. Yet.

G

growhigh1233

think numbers ..............not price !

100 jock horrors seeds ($20 a pack) .................

would almost certainly get you a more elite plant than

20 sensi seeds jack herer seeds ($200 a pack).............

paradise seeds are another highly reputable seed company to add to the list ..............

if you like sativas ace........ mr nice ....cannabiogen

Last edited:
G

think numbers ..............not price !

20 sensi seeds jack herer seeds ($200).............

paradise seeds are another highly reputable seed company to add to the list ..............

if you like sativas ace........ mr nice ....cannabiogen
If I could I would. The downside is for folks like me is I have limited space and while I get satisfaction from doing my own pheno hunt it’s still a crap shoot. I think the mindset and hope is paying more for fewer seeds is hopefully a better chance of finding the magic plant. But like PT Barnum said about suckers,,,
Truthfully I’d bet most people who are just personal home growers would prefer to acquire top shelf verified and pest free clones and take their own clones from that. Unless you know you can simply go buy another one. Not in my state unfortunately.

packerfan79

Veteran
If I could I would. The downside is for folks like me is I have limited space and while I get satisfaction from doing my own pheno hunt it’s still a crap shoot. I think the mindset and hope is paying more for fewer seeds is hopefully a better chance of finding the magic plant. But like PT Barnum said about suckers,,,
Truthfully I’d bet most people who are just personal home growers would prefer to acquire top shelf verified and pest free clones and take their own clones from that. Unless you know you can simply go buy another one. Not in my state unfortunately.

Verified, pest-free clones are a myth. At least here in Crapifornia.

G

Verified, pest-free clones are a myth. At least here in Crapifornia.

That’s what I read. I just bought my first one from a vendor on stainly. It came from Maine and it’s been quarantined, sprayed and drenched with azamx for a week and I haven’t seen anything other than a really nice and healthy clone. Maybe I got lucky. For the price it better be.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
20 sensi seeds jack herer seeds ($200 a pack)...

the best... and i mean the best weed we ever grew was a buck or 2 seed of jock horror... it was kick-ass.. but being old and stupid 15yrs ago (we r prob more stupid today), we didn't take a cutting- we grew out at least 2 more packs of jock (still have 1/2 pack from that era) looking for that lady, never found her - grew out a pack of jack herer.. which i think was 175 for a pack, n nothing came close...

G

growhigh1233

the best... and i mean the best weed we ever grew was a buck or 2 seed of jock horror... it was kick-ass.. but being old and stupid 15yrs ago (we r prob more stupid today), we didn't take a cutting- we grew out at least 2 more packs of jock (still have 1/2 pack from that era) looking for that lady, never found her - grew out a pack of jack herer.. which i think was 175 for a pack, n nothing came close...

those special females can pop up at any time ..........some people get lucky and find them in only a few seeds

when you grow multiple packs out, especially of poly hybrids (like jock) (or blueberry)... you see that plants are almost always different............even grouping them into sativa learns and indica learners .. you see the variation

i have a similar sense of loss for a 2011 dp blueberry took 40 regular seeds grow out to find her.and she was the best female out of 70 blueberry seeds overall (i done another 30 seed grow out after ).i had her for 8 years but a police raid wiped everything out even the seeds id made with her

i'm gonna try and hunt her down but more than likely the exact parents wont be used by dutch passion

LostTribe

Premium user
I mean stuff I could get in Europe too (not by US mail lol)

I'm looking for elite strains that cost a lot.

Right now I have chosen AK47 and Strawberry Akiel (ak47xblueberry) from Serious.

But I'm afraid I'm missing out on elite strains.
I'm growing for myself and can spend hundreds , it's much worse spending money on bad weed. I can't get anything good here , people don't have strains, just schwag or mids. It's horrible.

Dont recommend Serious Seeds. Definitely no reason to buy the "most expensive seeds" either. Spend some time looking around the site.

those special females can pop up at any time ..........some people get lucky and find them in only a few seeds

when you grow multiple packs out, especially of poly hybrids (like jock) (or blueberry)... you see that plants are almost always different............even grouping them into sativa learns and indica learners .. you see the variation

i have a similar sense of loss for a 2011 dp blueberry took 40 regular seeds grow out to find her.and she was the best female out of 70 blueberry seeds overall (i done another 30 seed grow out after ).i had her for 8 years but a police raid wiped everything out even the seeds id made with her

i'm gonna try and hunt her down but more than likely the exact parents wont be used by dutch passion
Try Peakseeds, he has a IBL of Blueberry. He changes $40 a pack. Worth running to find a special keeper!

Looking for a seed bank or strain based on price isn't going to do you any good. It's like trying to find your favorite dish by googling around for the most expensive meals in your city. Look around for grow journals/diaries, seed/strain reviews with pics etc, even youtube channels, and get an idea of which breeders people are using atm. It's always changing a little, and it depends on what lineage you're after.

Latest posts

Latest posts