What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Notre Dame football, lol...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Theres the senior bowl this month that showcases most of the good nfl prospects, except maybe the 1st rounders, who want to avoid the injury risk.

UCF is probably the best non-P5 team out there, except for maybe boise state, but they play in the American Athletic Conf (the aac, not the acc), which used to be the former Big East. It's a basketball conference, not a football conference. They only lost to LSU in their bowl game, but before that they played teams like Memphis, S. Carolina St, UConn, Temple, etc. Before LSU, they only played 4 teams that finished the season with a winning record, only one of which finished the season ranked (Cinncy, at #24).

ND played a MUCH tougher schedule than UCF. Now, i'll admit that OSU would probably have been a tougher opponent against clemson than ND, I watched ND sort of struggle to put away a not that good USC team in the final game of the season. But college football is a win every week or you're out type of deal, and if you lose it's better to lose early in the season rather than late. ND finished undefeated, OSU and Oklahoma had 1 loss each but OK came against a ranked team (TX) and OSU's didnt (Purdue).

I think if ND is able to get an elite QB prospect like a Tua or Trevor (ron powlus, anyone? jimmy pickles? lol), theyll have a good chance to win a natty. Even clemson last year lost like 28-6 against bama in the playoffs cause their offense was good enough to go 12-0 but not good enough to compete with the tide, this year they got a new QB, RB and receiver and it was night and day. Bama had to do the same thing the year before, Hurts wasnt cutting it vs Georgia so tua took over and boom, theyre winning every game by 30. Sometimes you are only a player (or two or three) away...