What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kerala, RSC

Green

Veteran
Wie gehts Landrasse nerds!

Kerala, Real Seed co. Seeds started June 1st outdoors at 19.47 degrees North.

picture.php

View image in gallery

Last edited:

Green

Veteran
The jact55- Thanks, these plants love the ebb and flow of the tropics. In regards to smells, looks like their is some variation between the plants. But I'm getting a hazy carrot-y in most. Some sweet and some spiced, and I'm trying to figure out the particular spice. Also some notes of greeny herbs, but again, still trying to figure out the particular herb.

Troutman- Thanks, Whats your Latitude? I bet you can grow some pure "satties". Might need to run through 3+ generations with good selection. Im open minded its possible.

Dr.Young- Thanks, Ive been waiting to grow Kerala for three years. I thought the cannaverse was against it. The first year the seeds got lost in the mail. Second year, seeds received and placed in unmarked container in the fridge. Then the darling wifey throws them away. hahaha so cliche. Anyways well see how the action pans out.

Side note, I was speaking with our friend Ngakpa, and he was saying the some of the photos appear to be displaying feral phenotypes. Like the escaped plants of the western ghats.

ill keep everyone posted. thanks for the comments, questions

Green

troutman

Seed Whore
Troutman- Thanks, Whats your Latitude? I bet you can grow some pure "satties". Might need to run through 3+ generations with good selection. Im open minded its possible.

I'm actually working on an original Colombian Gold Landrace hybrid and at the F2 stage now.

The F1's were a little late last year. Next year, I grow lots of F2's and make F3's from selected F2's :)

ahortator

Veteran
Wonderful pics! ;)

I have seen in a pure landrace sativa strain plants ranging harvest from November to March. So with proper selection you can get then really early without outcrossing them.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Man what a journey. Looks like you got some gems out of the gem mine so far already. Preserve them for mudda nature mon

Green

Veteran
Hey Sirius02!

I’ve only smoked a few samples of Kerala. Still curing in jars. It might be pre-mature to comment. Give me another month of cure time, And I’ll hit the Kerala cloud real hard, and report back. Hahaha

Interesting note, with my particular batch I got a wide range of harvest times. Ranging from the earliest and quite surprising October first. And my latest girl that got chopped was November 15th. my favorite, she was so late, half the Kerala boys finished flowering before she started.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi Green! Great guerillaz thanx for the views!

If you can resist 6 month curing with your best latest one please report your smokin vibes and differences? Why this one late is your favorite? Terpz? :biggrin: Enjoy bro

Green

Veteran
Hey Roms bro,

Haha, your right! I’ll wait for the 6th month for full smoke report. The huge Kerala cloud will wait.

The reason for my favorite latest female. Is she was a stand out. Aroma, structure and from initial smoke tests she was 3x potent. Haha

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Coolos, you will not regret the time i think! :biggrin: Sunny spring perspectives... +potent specimen are hard to find, congratz Green!

ngakpa

Veteran
The reason for my favorite latest female. Is she was a stand out. Aroma, structure and from initial smoke tests she was 3x potent. Haha

looking forward to the report

I'll drop in to check it out, but I won't be posting in this forum much

your grows, photos, and reports are fantastic

but they're really about the only good thing about this landrace forum these days

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Stick around. Not all of us are self important pedantic goofs.