What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Mrs B. I've only just found this thread, but its almost 6 am and I have to be up before lunch. So for now just tagging, to read through soon. Just saying hi, and so much for retirement lol. I'll read up on where you are and all that later.

Cuddles

To be fair, a great many of those countries that outlawed cannabis only did so because of extreme pressure put on them by the US to do so.
I didn´t know that, thanks. Thing is however, the other countries could have easily reversed their decisions by now. But too many people in governments have got it into their heads that cannabis is a nasty drug, rather than a healing plant

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are a couple more pictures of the consumption lounge, it’s getting closer....still a lot to do but there really isn’t a hurry cuz of all the craziness going on, I’m not sure how it’s going to work when it opens but we will see.
The counter turned out really nice and the posters look cool I think....the posters are from some of the companies that we have on our shelves, waiting on more posters to finish the rest of the wall.

The new dispensary right across the street is still pretty busy from what I’ve seen...I don’t get out in the lobby too much to look over there but always people going in and out. I’ll take some pictures of their place, it’s really small like really small lol

No real crazy drama from people lately just your usual “I so much weed I just want something different “ then they buy the cheapest stuff we have :D

Got some clones in last week...I took home a Mac1 the other day we will see how that baby grows, the flower that I’ve seen of it looks so frosty and chunky

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P

Got some clones in last week ...400 of them for goodness sakes lol
Not sure why so many but I’m not the one in charge of orders...we have sold some not too many and Alan (who for the most part is in charge of keeping them alive....they are in rapid rooters and dry out pretty quickly.
They are from a company called cltvtd and they do tissue culture derived moms....first generations clones....one of the strains is called glazed apricot gelato which sounds interesting..lots of gelato crosses with these babies
Hopefully they will get a good home before they get too funky, there aren’t a lot of people growing indoor right now

Merry Christmas to you all and a not so crazy 2021, I’m not sure if there’s enough cannabis to get us thru too much more bullshit lol
Q:bis:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Mrs B. How´s the shop been lately with the run up to christmas. Busy, boring, crazy?

Hey cuddles how are you doing these days? Winter is upon us and the days are short...it’s Christmas Day and snowing so it’s nice having a white Christmas

You know it’s funny how people come across when they come in...young girl came in and bought an edible and said to me “I brought my resume in a couple weeks ago and haven’t gotten a call back” with this attitude that of why hasn’t anyone called and hired me lol I said well I don’t think we are hiring right now ..she says oh ...what the hell do people think??? Haha

Last night( Christmas Eve ) we closed at 6 instead of 8 and this dude comes in 3 minutes before we close and the security guy tells him we are closing in a few minutes ....one of the budtenders waited on him and as he paying for his stuff he says we were all rude to him Alan says we could have just locked the door and not let you in...as he walks out he’s still talking shit...wtf is wrong with people lol

Lots of people were coming in for stocking stuffers and last minute gifts ...I’m sure the new year week will be the same lol

Merry Christmas and a fucking happy new year ;)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow I cant believe its been since December since I have posted here....just been busy/lazy i guess :)

Its getting close to our national holiday, we have a huge celebration planned..shutting down the street in front of the shop, there will be music and vendors and raffles and food and gift bags and the consumption lounge will be open!! You will be able to come and sit down and use an ipad to place an order, it will be sent to the budtender to fill and bring to the customer. Or if you want you can go to the shop and buy what you want and go to the lounge to partake :) Im sure it will be limited to a certain amount of people at a time and a time limit so that the most amount of people can enjoy the lounge.
The shop stays so busy its pretty insane..the hours are changing on Monday from closing at 8pm to 9pm... the collective across the street stays open till 9 so Im sure that has a lot to do with it. I haven't budtended too much lately I try to stay busy when I do work with taking care of the clones and running errands and working next door at the clothing boutique that the owner owns also. It hasnt been open much the last year so we are trying to see if it will start getting a busier.

Ill take some pictures of the 4/20 party and if anyone is close by be sure to stop by and say high!!
mrsb :)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, I forgot about this thread for a while, but I remember loving the stories so I will take a seat here and follow it while reading behind to see what I missed.
Hello Mrs. B!
Good to hear you still have this cool job!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Has CA stopped with the mask nonsense yet, or are people gonna be masking while partaking? That will be amusing.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has CA stopped with the mask nonsense yet, or are people gonna be masking while partaking? That will be amusing.

It will be like restaurants these days ..you will be wearing a mask until you sit down at a table and your time will be limited to allow for others to enjoy the lounge. We will be wiping all the glassware and anything people touch between uses.
:)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I half fancy making the move over the pond to work in the industry I enjoy. I will send a CV over so my jobs ready when I get there. See you soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts