What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do YOU train? (strength/power/conditioning thread)

STUPPA

LOL please post a video of you completing that "not very intense" workout... hmmmmmmmm, not very intense?! i bet you couldn't even do 10 muscle ups in 6 minutes, let alone the rest of that shit.

i thought it was a 5 minute limit... 6 makes it more feasible.

edit: of course it is strength+endurance... that's what fitness is. even strongman comps are strength+endurance.

Calm down , for a start off i would'nt even call that a workout it is a test like the one i posted above ,if you think that is a complete workout LOL there is no hope for you .
I would do that AST after training hard for 1- 2 hours and do it in under 3 ,try doing that then come and try and tell me about fitness.

so strongmen are the most fit are they ? LMAO your funny i've seen plenty of "strongmen" in the ring and they are all the same fucked after 1 or 2 rounds ,if that is endurance my god i would hate to see a lack of it .

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
^^you're just full of assumptions, so i'll set you straight...

1. endurance is a part of strength, unless you are a powerlifter

2. most people cannot even do one muscleup, let alone 10, plus dips, pushups, and pullups.. , let alone in under 5 mins. can you????

3. i don't know what "strongmen" or "ring" you are talking about, but i want whatever you are smoking

i'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, or anybody else on the internet, over who is "more fit" ... have fun with your training and don't hate on challenges that you haven't completed

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
forgot to mention 1 thing.
smoke weed after your workout!
it will help your muscles wind down faster and i felt like it helped my recovery.
altho i have no scientific evidence to back this up, just going by what my body told me.

and help you get an appetite for the massive amount of protein you need to eat. the diet is the toughest part.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
My modest fitness goal for this summer - 400m run and 100 yard (short course) swim - both in less than 1 minute on the same day. These would be not very good times for a HS track athlete or swimmer, but I'm old, never ran track, and have not swam competitively in over 20 years.

Pine

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
long ago....

long ago....

In 11th grade I squatted 618#.
Only did that one time, as I felt my bones bending.
Creepy!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
bump for me doing a 135lb clean&press 12 times, hadnt done them in a while

zombie apocolapyspe survival demands strength

NOTB

i do body sections 2 times a week -day 1 chest /lats day2- legs/lower back day 3arms/shouders(front and back shoulders) then repeat.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Smoked three bowls and then I ran four miles. I'm beat now, but feeling great!

23460-smiley_runner

NOTB

yea Noob wassup man?now let's try this shit again....at 37 yrs old im try'n to come back....and I WILL do it...eventually.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I just started doing kettelbells with a trainer and it is totally different than anything I've ever done before.

Proper posture is important but it also comes with experience.

It can be intense but it really gives your whole body a great workout.

I haven't been doing kettelbells long enough to notice substantial results (2 weeks) but I have seen more muscle tone and definition along with some weight loss.

After doing some of the movements/exercises for 40 or so minutes you are completely drenched in sweat..it's awesome!

sso

Veteran
sounds like you guys are getting a kick out of this :)

personally i prefer stamina over strength.

if i was gonna say anything against lifting weights, it would be, you need to keep it up at that intensity and once you are forced to stop, things take a steep decline for the worse (seen arnold in swimtrunks lately?)

though, if you´d gradually slow down, i dont see a problem.

apart from i wonder about the tendons and joints of elderly powerlifters that have really pushed themselves and arthritis. though, hey if they really got into it, why not and they have weed for the pain lol

i never got really into weights, more of a rockclimber myself, so shutting my yap now :D just had a thought about this.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
my current favorite excercises:

1. 15lbs sledgehammer swing, hitting a tire (simulates chopping wood)

2. Clean & Press (or Power Clean & Press)

3. Muscle-up

4. Heavy Deadlifts

5. Sprints

6. martial arts (BJJ, muaythai)

waffle

Just thought I'd pop in :tiphat:

I just started working out heavily this year. I've been doing the stronglifts 5x5 program, this past month I've added plyometrics and some random other lifts.

I am 6'4" and can't dunk (Read: White haha). My only goal really is to change that. The dunking, not being white.
Making my body look better in the meantime doesn't hurt :dance013:

Ps, nothing better than cooling off with a protein shake followed by a rather large bowl once your lungs are ready.

Bump, was checking out some of your old grows and saw this link.....

Lifting since the end of august, I don't know what my 1 rep max's are because I am lifting mostly for aesthetics, and I could probably do more weight on some of these but right now my 10 rep max on the big 3 is-

Squats 205lb's
DL's 225 lb's
BP 175
100 push up club also.

Good?