What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jujitsu anyone.......

superbolan

Nice to find others here with same interests, thai boxing, BJJ. submission wrestling nothing like rolling stoned. Im much more relaxed and into flow then

TeaHateSea

in my opinon u cant learn BJJ without someone to practice with

I agree.

It's like learning a completely foreign language by textbook without anyone to actually speak with. You may very well know grammar, spelling and punctuation but the sound and feel of the language is still foreign.

Cool thread though. Much respect B187, I have a sincere respect of wushu as well.

To those of you who take the effort to train on your own and learn from videos I commend you for your motivation. I have tried many times and just couldn't do it. I still need sparring and interaction to keep my balance and motivation.

Peace, I'll be back later when my eyes can actually focus. :kos:

Judo and Catch Wrestling here! I dabbled in BJJ for a lil while though.

judo is nice for putting someone on their ass from the hips love the throwing and style of judo myself i do BJJ with someone whos 22lbs + on me and he been doin BJJ for 13yrs and has really got me on my game on the ground myself i love practice with ppl whos bigger then me and out weighs me the weight difference and the strength difference is made up by speed and makes me work to get my locks perfect the first time i grab someone due to i know when i practice with my buddy if i dont get it right and fast im probably tapping out to him for being sloppy at my attempt the buddy i spar with just got his blackbelt 13yrs later

bentom187

Veteran
i couldnt find a link for you guys,but i seen resistance judo bands that you use for throwing,and ive read some people use inner tubes from various things for the same purpose.just wanted to make you aware of them they seem very practical for training.

Danks2005

I'm a huge jiu jitsu fan also. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money for a school. So, I rely on book, videos, and watching/analyzing as much fighting as possible. I do however roll with a few buddies as often as possible. I know a school would be best, but I can tell you my jiu jitsu is nothing to fuck with if your not experienced. I've been teaching myself this way for about 6 years now. I do it strictly for the fun of it. I don't street fight at all, in the street I am strapped.

I'm a huge jiu jitsu fan also. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money for a school. So, I rely on book, videos, and watching/analyzing as much fighting as possible. I do however roll with a few buddies as often as possible. I know a school would be best, but I can tell you my jiu jitsu is nothing to fuck with if your not experienced. I've been teaching myself this way for about 6 years now. I do it strictly for the fun of it. I don't street fight at all, in the street I am strapped.

i hear ya i never leave with out my lil tec 9 with 50 ready to go...im no hard ass but ppl dont fight these days they pull guns which is sad......anyways BJJ is the shit i practice every chance i get

MedUser420

I've been training since the mid 90's. I trained under Rorion, Royce and Helio Gracie, as well as Caique Elias (Rickson's Blackbelt), and Mica Cipili (Rigan Machado's Blackbelt). The classes Helio taught, with Royce translating his fathers Portuguese, will always be memorable! Unfortunately w/ 6 herniated discs, 2 pinched nerves and a quadruple microdisectomy my fighting/training days might be over.

bentom187

Veteran
sorry to hear that,theres always alternative ways to train,i dont know what your going through but if you can manage just a little excersize each day i would seriously look into qigong,ive posted videos before and ive recomended these excersizes for everyone i run into because it helps tremendousley and it IS training so you wont have to give it up just yet.

http://www.qigongworkout.com/