What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who love's cats?

St. Phatty

I found my first pile of Cat Vomit.

Quite large. Looks like he ate 3 cans - I had put out multiple cans in the kitten's room - and upchucked.

So I fed it (the Cat Vomit) ... to the chickens. :woohoo:

Small price to pay for Happiness ! Chickens like up-chucked & pre-digested misc. fish bits mush.

St. Phatty

Gave Kitten #2 a bath, to try and wash away some fleas.

Not sure how much the bath itself does, but afterwards she gets a 1 hour full body massage from her uncle or father cat.

He licks every inch of her, chews on the burrs if there are burrs, and just gives her an intensive version of the normal hugging/ biting/ scratching/ playing behavior that cats naturally do.

Also, I hadn't got around to giving it the gender check. No testicles pop out when it's extremely wet ... female.

But now I got a BIGGER problem. I like this kitten too !

I was only going to keep one male from the litter, because it was the obvious choice. Super energetic, friendly, etc.

But this female was so impressively calm during the bath. Didn't flinch, didn't seem to mind at all. Started purring etc.

It was torture for the male, who got a bath yesterday. He was mewling and scratching the whole time.

2 down, 2 to go. Now the 2 kittens that have had baths have each other for company, in addition to their father or uncle.

When I was about 20 and visiting my grandparents while in college, they had a neighbor lady with about 25 cats.

Now I understand how she ended up with 25 cats, even though their town had a very helpful animal shelter.

4 kittens and 2 adults create MORE than enough kitty litter emptying work for me.

Enough kitty litter for 25 cats ... My god.

jimdc

cats are delicious. cat tacos are the best. i could eatyeyjryukt.vtyhwtjhzssdsfRHEYU

sorry, my dog figured out my password and didnt want to give up the computer.

N

noyd666

picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
my wife recently started flea combing our two long haired cats.
She combs with flea comb and puts the combings (hair and fleas and eggs and flea shit) into a bowl of tap water that has some dawn dish detergent (couple drops) mixed in.. this mixture will and it is amazing as hell, kill/dissolve all the above fleas and flea parts leaving a puddle of blood in the bottom of the bowl.:woohoo:

St. Phatty

I deep fried the cat vomit and fed it to the wild turkeys !

just kidding :woohoo:

I used dry ice to nuke the fleas left behind by 3 kittens that I fostered.

Put the mattress in a HUGE bag with 4 pounds of dry ice. And sealed it.

When I started it the fleas were bouncing off the plastic. It sounded like rain but much creepier.

It takes 2 days to 2 weeks for the eggs to hatch so it's sort of like treating spider mites. Usually you have to treat it more than once. :thank you:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i find my self without a cat for the first time in many years. the morning after my brother in laws funeral, my wife let the dog out. while walking her to the back gate, she leaned down to pet our 18 yr old cat, Lucky. well, his luck had finally ran out that morning & he had passed lying in the sun. my wife did not deserve that ...

Green Squall

armedoldhippy Bring her home a kitten. Don't even ask her. Just bring one home and put it into her arms. She might not know it, but she needs one.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well...we were swindled out of a cat a while back. we were just keeping her (Winona) until her owner found new lodging where she could have pets. she gradually :))) became MY cat for over a year. then the young lady came back & said she wanted her cat back, she had a new place. i hated to, but gave her up. THEN...i found out the bitch gave her to someone else! she is now a "barn cat" for someone. my wife is trying to find out their name & try to get her back...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well...we were swindled out of a cat a while back. we were just keeping her (Winona) until her owner found new lodging where she could have pets. she gradually :))) became MY cat for over a year. then the young lady came back & said she wanted her cat back, she had a new place. i hated to, but gave her up. THEN...i found out the bitch gave her to someone else! she is now a "barn cat" for someone. my wife is trying to find out their name & try to get her back...

Hey armed,,,,
So sorry for your loss,,,,,hope mrs armed is feeling better,,,
What a shitty thing to do,,,,,karma for that vile person,,,,
get the feeling Winona will find her way back to you,,,,,
Watching our Labrador pup bitting our burmese ears and licking them until there wet is so very funny,,,,,
fingers crossed that Winona will be back home soon,,,,:tiphat:s2

St. Phatty

Damn ... when they do an airborne turn using part of your body as a launching pad - like a skateboarder getting air off a concrete lip at the skate park - OUCH !

mother cat just used my right hand as a launching pad, only 2 claws cut in.

worse was a kitten that used my right eyebrow as a launching pad, leaving cuts above and below but fortunately not in, the eye.

got to learn how to approach these half-wild animals !

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Damn ... when they do an airborne turn using part of your body as a launching pad - like a skateboarder getting air off a concrete lip at the skate park - OUCH !

mother cat just used my right hand as a launching pad, only 2 claws cut in.

worse was a kitten that used my right eyebrow as a launching pad, leaving cuts above and below but fortunately not in, the eye.

got to learn how to approach these half-wild animals !

or when they try to jump up into your lap & have to dig the claws in to keep from falling...i got to where i would just pick them up if they looked like they wanted held & petted. :biggrin: less blood that way...