What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lineage of original Strawberry Fields??

Bongstar420

I'm about to dump the Cough I picked up because it makes you sleepy. That is not consistent with the Cough.

Also, its slow in veg and doesn't stretch in flower with only medium yields. Strangely, the veg plant smells like sweet pickles to me.

On a positive note, its seems pretty resistant to broad mite.

If I didn't have to worry about "branding"

I would sell it with out regard to its name since its dank and strawberry shortcakes tasty with great bag appeal.

I'm gonna breed it with my fast and stretchy 'Grape Stomper' pheno from 'Bright Moments' that I got. Since its a female, and I don't want to bother stabilizing that pheno from f2, I will reverse on of the plants. Based on previous breeding I've done with the 'Bright Moments' line, there is potential for the offspring to be faster and higher yielding than either parents.

We need more members like you, but sadly they are growing fewer and fewer by the day. Most dont care about the truth anymore, just fairy tales.

A tip for you young guys, dont believe everything you read. Understand the psychology of these boards, and notice the daily attempts of individuals to gain some sort of a reputation for themselves by claiming to have the latest flavor of cannabis that week. Everybody wants to be a pot star, but stars arent born over night and there is no substitute for experience and hard work.

Somebody who cares what is in their gardens, who cares about the real truth behind the origins of their stock do not want suspect genetics. At the end of the day, its all about the smoke. Its either good, or its not.

And if its that good, nobody needs to hype that variety up to get rid of it. It will get rid of itself, if its truely that good.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
since this got bumped up. on adam dunns show 2 weeks ago he had on kyle kushman and a guy they called strawberry jerry. he knows the guys who made strawberry cough and he says it's an old pheno of NL crossed to something else I can't remember.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
a haze in Vermont now that's a good one ..having lived there I know better.....yeehaw.. I am off to plant near some oranges as I cant get cali o anymore....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..the strawberry cough seeds I got only made me cough no strawberry to be found...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I was disappointed fo shure...yeehaw...ditch passion I believe...they suck and wont get any more of my $$$$$$

soserthc1

Lung candy #1 has strawberry phenos
I would love to find this strawberry cough clone that and Casey shmoes cut

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
the strawberry sour haze I got makes you cough and tastes and smells like strawberry jam. I popped 3 fem seeds and got 2 phenos. the third one was grown by someone else and they didn't finish so no idea on how much strawberry cough it had. csg-seeds.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Strawberry Cough this, Strawberry Cough that.

You could not read an issue of HT in the early to mid-2000s (not exactly sure which years) without the Cough being featured in one way or the other.

Remember thinking, “what’s Kyle’s infatuation with this plant all about?”. Only to find out later it was his creation. (Not here to argue whether that is in fact the case — don’t really care, honestly). But its prevalence all over HT finally made sense.

Then, Boom! It’s available through Dutch Passion in feminized form. Yes, must have. Must see if the hype is real. Received 5 seeds. Popped two with the intent of choosing one to clone from and run aeroponically. Here’re the contenders:

Attachments

• Cough Contenders.jpg
    Cough Contenders.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 16

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Went with the taller more sativa pheno.

It did taste and smell of strawberries. You’d’ve swore strawberry incense had been burned wherever you enjoyed this stuff. Zero trace of cannabis smell. It was quite remarkable. And very frosty, too.

These traits really weren’t present in the contender that didn’t make the cut.

Attachments

• Strawberry Cough.jpg
    Strawberry Cough.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Strawberry Cough 1.jpg
    Strawberry Cough 1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 18

Dyad

(NL5 x HazeC) from the Seed Bank.

Nothing more, nothing less. Shantibaba’s “Mango” cut was selected from the same F1 mating. Mother to his Mango Haze. Selected from thousands of seeds grown over many years—according to Scott.

The HazeA male threw a low percentage of mango types, also. I believe there’s a cut of 5HzA that circulates around tight circles in Holland that goes by the name ‘Mango’ also.

Kushman likely took this cut and pollinated it with a Nevil’s Haze male (the “Haze” he refers to in his seed description of SC). Without evening knowing it, the mating to a close ancestor is what made his Strawberry Cough such a successful breed. This is why lineage transparency is of extreme importance when breeding.

Strawberry Fields = NL#5 x HazeC

Nevil’s Haze = (NL#5 x HzA) x HazeC

Strawberry Cough = (5HzC) x (5HzA/HzC)

I get a kick out of connecting dots.

Latest posts

Latest posts