What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lung doctor doesn't believe me

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I go in and hand him a bag of unused Symbacort inhalers (retail about $400ea), breath freely, he listens to my lungs. Tells me to go get a chest X-ray, to see all the scarring. My lungs feel great. I told him about vaping off the terps, and eating the oils. He does not believe that lungs can be cleaned, and that terps are good for you. I think the AMA is the enemy of the people! I will do the X-ray and laugh at him when he is surprised. At least he said he preferred me doing dope over beer.

So after smoothing out a bunch of dirt I badly needed, before a tropical storm blows in, I was happy. A friend came by like he usually does at sundown by the ponds, so I decided to twist a doob and hit it a few times, before giving it to him. 2 or 3 hits from the beginning of a joint, and later my lungs are feeling sticky and heavy inside. This guy is messed up, and terpy dope breaks up the crap in his lungs and makes him cough up crap like a in sick ward.

I cannot see smoking dope to vaporize the oils, only to have them condense in my lungs, any more... Just like the on inside of a volcano bag. Before I just used an inhaler medicine to open up the airways, but the sticky crap was still in there. I added an automotive filter to the end of my hybrid whip. Nothing is being caught in it, so no particles are coming through. I think it was Switcher56 who had the idea. Whip tube still clean, just a little very light colored oil at 12" from inlet.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got any pictures of how you added the filter to the whip or what filter you used?

dank.Frank

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use a Volcano Hybrid, and the whip attachment. I don't anticipate using a bag again. The filter is a glass automotive unit I got from the local auto parts store. It comes with various barbed ends, 3/8 is what fit the tube that comes with the Hybrid. I am getting nothing trapped in it, so it may not be needed.

This is simple. Grind your flower and stuff the chamber. I get about a gram in there. I am targeting the terps, not oils, so I want to only go as far to the right (45 seconds on the chart) on this little depiction of vapors released with time & temp:

The hybrid has a convection heat path so the chamber heats without the hot air flowing. Huge change IMO. Since I only want terps and no oils, I have my machine set at 420*, and I put the chamber on for 10 seconds (I do 2 deep breaths while waiting), then turn on the fan and let the machine air pump fill up my lungs, trying to keep up with it. The secret is to fill your lungs and not over-pressurize them, and get an embolism. My lung capacity is 4500, measured with a spirometer "hit-o-meter". That is enough for the air pump to run about 10 seconds. I can't over-emphasise, do not over-pressurize your lungs. At the end of that 10 second air pump run, there is some bad stuff starting to shed, so I try to avoid that. It comes off just before the oils, after the terps. I may time how long it takes me to fill my lungs with the whip, and fill a balloon bag that long, to see how much more than a hit I used to do with the balloon bag. These take too long to fill, and in that time oils, chlorophyll, and who knows what else was shed? As the air inside the bag cools, you can see the oils that have condensed on the bag inside wall. The bags stick together inside, like the air sacs I imagine. None of that with the hybrid and whip.

A really cool vape machine would have a display line that moved to the right on that chart as the machine was getting hotter and shedding the thicker, heavier compounds like the oils.

I want to run an experiment with vaping, and use a GC to determine what is being shed as the temp/time is increased. Measure the vapor and also the ABV. As the test progressed into longer heat soak and fan-run times, the baseline profile of the flower would be filled in. Test both the vapor and the ABV, at each point. The chart below if generated for both the ABV and the vapor, at eact test point, should sorta add up to the baseline whole flower quantity totals, quantified like they are shown here (if missing, where did it go?):

Last winter I was still using the regular cano and bags, and was trying to figure out how to avoid a cough. I was using 360* with the balloons, and still had some cough compound get shed. I think the vapor pressure comes into play, so there is not a binary "OFF then ON with compounds vaporizing. The 420 for 10 seconds seems to be working OK for me.

Dump the ABV after that one hit, and make butter when you have saved up enough. Most of the active oils will still be on the dope, and the cookies are stout.

Yeah, I started him off with 4 months of sleep data showing my SPO2 dropping as I lay down. Have a real bad case posted at th insomnia thread (BTW, hitting the hose made that stop that night). He cries "apnea and sleep study"... my gawd, does it take all that medical school to be an AMA robot? I think he was still mentally wondering what I really had, when I sprang the vaporizer use on him and handed him 9 months of unused inhalers I didn't need anymore cause my lungs are clean. That blew him away, and he went right into screaming "chest X-ray" like a good AMA robot. Unfortunately, he is also gonna put the word cannabis in my medical record.

Guess I won't have to worry about a security clearance. LOL.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Got any pictures of how you added the filter to the whip or what filter you used?

dank.Frank

It looks like this but the one I got has plastic screw-in ends. (Autozone - Valmar 52125, about $10)

sp9272-hot-rod-universal-chrome-glass-fuel-filter-3-8-in-out.jpg

https://www.autozone.com/miscellane...rine-universal-in-line-fuel-filter/294531_0_0

I spliced it in at the end of the whip. But there are no particles showing up inside the glass, yet. I like it to hold while I take a hit.

Drewsif

Natural Cannabis vapor cleans lungs, well known fact.

They're even developing patented nitrated fatty acid based lung medications from clandestine Cannabis research.

The only think you want to filter is tar, and terpenes. You filter tar by staying under 450 degrees. Null filter terpenes by curing your bud; breaking them down and converting them into medicinal compounds. Monoterpenes will fuck up your lungs. Thiols and acids won't.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This guy had no idea. I find a lot of medical people have no idea. My lungs feel great, and that's a fact.

How long do monoterps stick around anyways? I bet they evaporate easily, and rapidly. If they are still on the flower, they are shedding first when the fan kicks on. IF they are undesirable, it sounds like a cure should include letting them evaporate off.

What is a thiol (now I gotta look that one up)?

Definition of thiol
1: any of various compounds having the general formula RSH which are analogous to alcohols but in which sulfur replaces the oxygen of the hydroxyl group and which have disagreeable odors.

LOL, Skunk weed?

I only have the filter there cause I wanted to see IF stuff was coming through. It's not. I keep it because it makes a handy handle to hold the whip with, and it helps to cool the vapor.

The technique I'm describing is pretty harsh if a fuelish strain is hit. I am into OGKs, and creamy MAC, and other mellow strains. Something loud and fuelish, hurts basically. 1 gr of dope times 4ish% terps, all in one hit. There is probably a balance internally between the soothing oils and the solventy terps. Where can I read up on this well known fact, so I can educate my lung doc. He is the head guy at the hospital in that dept.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
When I worked in an aftermarket auto shop we had 1500 watt quartz tube heat lamps two feet long.
When they would burn out I would pull the coil of nichrome wire out and cut it into six inch lengths.
These would be twisted into a cone shape with one end coming from the point and the other end from the rim.
Time has a direct effect on potency, the quicker it is brought to temperature the stronger the effect.
Six inches of nichrome hooked to a 13.8 volt source pulls 400 watts, bringing the wall temperature of the bowl to 950 degrees F in .2 seconds. The action happened in a sealed glass tube, where the cork would be blown out if too much power was used.
Plumbing was a nightmare and a good nail rig works almost as well.

For bud I now use a plasma torch, produced by Survival Lighter. This creates an 1/8" arc for 'no flame' ignition even of damp bud.

A one watt handheld laser will ignite a bowl from a foot away, but if I forget the safety goggles I could blind myself. Cutting letters out of potato chip bags in vending machines was fun until... The "L" in "Lays" dropped down when the cut was finished, allowing the beam to impact the silvered inner bag.
If I look at a bright light and then close by eyes a black arc crosses my left eye. It will not regenerate.

Mostly it is concentrates now, using a spoon and torch. Temperature by color and time.
The red disappears in a darkened room at 950, three deep breaths put it at 850, whereupon the concentrate is placed in the center of the spoon.
Different concentrates use different techniques, currently it is THCV crystals which need more heat than shatter.

The breaking up the mucus layer from the lungs is a trait of those with a tobacco habit. The smoker experiences horrendous coughing fits upon arising in the morning. This continues until he (or she) gets the first puffs. The calming effect is immediate. The cilia which move the mucus uphill to where it causes the cough reflex are paralyzed and the mucus flows back down the lung, eventually killing many a user.

Marijuana does the opposite, kicking the little hairy dudes into high gear and flooding the cough center with stimulus.

Different temps for different terps sounds close to ultimate. I imagine the ability to customize the tokes to your state of mind at any particular time can cause relaxation just by knowing you can.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The breaking up the mucus layer from the lungs is a trait of those with a tobacco habit. The smoker experiences horrendous coughing fits upon arising in the morning. This continues until he (or she) gets the first puffs. The calming effect is immediate. The cilia which move the mucus uphill to where it causes the cough reflex are paralyzed and the mucus flows back down the lung, eventually killing many a user.

Marijuana does the opposite, kicking the little hairy dudes into high gear and flooding the cough center with stimulus.

Different temps for different terps sounds close to ultimate. I imagine the ability to customize the tokes to your state of mind at any particular time can cause relaxation just by knowing you can.

I started into the volcano (my first vape) because of coughing. There is something that is shed after the terps (maybe oxidated terp?) that drives me to cough. A chronic cough gave me a hyatal hernia and I avoid it. That is how I came into the technique I am using now.

I do not think there is any way to isolate terpenes, besides in the broad stroke (mono, sesqi). That is why I used that picture, instead of one with discrete peaks. The vapor pressure of the individual compounds will be releasing them, even under their BP.

So I ask, WHAT compound in Mj is activation those little cough center workers? And more importantly, how do you avoid it? I believe I may be close.

Bongstar420

I go in and hand him a bag of unused Symbacort inhalers (retail about $400ea), breath freely, he listens to my lungs. Tells me to go get a chest X-ray, to see all the scarring. My lungs feel great. I told him about vaping off the terps, and eating the oils. He does not believe that lungs can be cleaned, and that terps are good for you. I think the AMA is the enemy of the people! I will do the X-ray and laugh at him when he is surprised. At least he said he preferred me doing dope over beer.

So after smoothing out a bunch of dirt I badly needed, before a tropical storm blows in, I was happy. A friend came by like he usually does at sundown by the ponds, so I decided to twist a doob and hit it a few times, before giving it to him. 2 or 3 hits from the beginning of a joint, and later my lungs are feeling sticky and heavy inside. This guy is messed up, and terpy dope breaks up the crap in his lungs and makes him cough up crap like a in sick ward.

I cannot see smoking dope to vaporize the oils, only to have them condense in my lungs, any more... Just like the on inside of a volcano bag. Before I just used an inhaler medicine to open up the airways, but the sticky crap was still in there. I added an automotive filter to the end of my hybrid whip. Nothing is being caught in it, so no particles are coming through. I think it was Switcher56 who had the idea. Whip tube still clean, just a little very light colored oil at 12" from inlet.

Profits and self interest. How will they be rich if clients cant be extorted for profits? Real answers solve problems for minimums. Our system is designed to sell bandaids that cause more problems. Its the motivation behind theor actions. Their code of conduct is meaningless. I know a high level drug counsleor with a liscense to prescribe things like suboxone and methadone who is an active alcholic and is likely diverting drugs based on my observations of behavior. She counsels alcholics btw and the code of conduct she signed for her liscense bars her from practice while drinkning. She also has an anger problem, she abused her elderly mother who is now dead. They (her husband is codependent) committed crimes to harm me.

Bud Chopper

When I worked in an aftermarket auto shop we had 1500 watt quartz tube heat lamps two feet long.
When they would burn out I would pull the coil of nichrome wire out and cut it into six inch lengths.
These would be twisted into a cone shape with one end coming from the point and the other end from the rim.
Time has a direct effect on potency, the quicker it is brought to temperature the stronger the effect.
Six inches of nichrome hooked to a 13.8 volt source pulls 400 watts, bringing the wall temperature of the bowl to 950 degrees F in .2 seconds. The action happened in a sealed glass tube, where the cork would be blown out if too much power was used.
Plumbing was a nightmare and a good nail rig works almost as well.

For bud I now use a plasma torch, produced by Survival Lighter. This creates an 1/8" arc for 'no flame' ignition even of damp bud.

A one watt handheld laser will ignite a bowl from a foot away, but if I forget the safety goggles I could blind myself. Cutting letters out of potato chip bags in vending machines was fun until... The "L" in "Lays" dropped down when the cut was finished, allowing the beam to impact the silvered inner bag.
If I look at a bright light and then close by eyes a black arc crosses my left eye. It will not regenerate.

Mostly it is concentrates now, using a spoon and torch. Temperature by color and time.
The red disappears in a darkened room at 950, three deep breaths put it at 850, whereupon the concentrate is placed in the center of the spoon.
Different concentrates use different techniques, currently it is THCV crystals which need more heat than shatter.