What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triangle Larry breeding project

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I just wanted to make a thread for this because I plan to breed these lines for some time. Who knows how many generations this thread will document, hopefully many. My main breeding plan is to find a good og kush male to cross to one of my favorite og kush cuts (Farmer 12 og). I found the farmer 12 og kush cut from bag seed a long time ago. It’s an amazing cut of classic og kush, but it grows a bit lanky and the branches are a bit too weak. At the end of flower it needs trellis or else it’s just a nightmare. Not the biggest buds, but a decent yield over all. Here’s a photo of it
picture.php

When I came across bud of triangle Larry bred by skunk house genetics, it was the first og I’ve smoked that is as good if not better, so I got some seeds a few years ago and ran them. Most of the females I ran were just amazing. Just reeks of profuse og, with some extra rubber tire funk. Big yields and very strong branching, almost could get away with no support, even with the weight difference. Here’s a photo of it .
picture.php
So I figured this would be the best og to get a male out of. Didn’t have many seeds left and now they’re all sold out so I figured I would make f2’s and maybe search for a new male from there. I only got one male out of the bunch, and three females that will be used for the f2’s. The male will also pollenate the farmer 12 og kush cut, Donny burger and a few phenos of Tropicana cookies from Harry palms/oni.
The Donny burger and trop snuck into the room without much planning. One of the Tropicana phenos turned out amazing, absolutely reeks of citrusy Tropicana, reminds exactly of the delicious mtn trop cut that goes around here in Oregon. Baby buds, but that will get sorted out in the future. Really glad it snuck into the room. Here’s a photo of it early in flower.
picture.php

Here’s the triangle Larry male (it’s a variegated male)
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
More photos of the variegated male
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Collected pollen by taking the main branches, deleafing and putting in a cup of water over a piece of glass to scrape the pollen off. No fans, no intake or outtake, just a tent with a t5 on 12/12. I scrape all the pollen into a bunch a vials and leave them unsealed for a few weeks. Then seal with cork and wax.
picture.php

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Here’s the room.
picture.php

Far left 2 is the Tropicana cookies, far right back two are f12og, front far right plant is Donny burger, center is all triangle Larry

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
that first pic of the farmer and the way you describe it reminds me of the sfv pheno of some larry I grew, the way the leaves are rounded and a bit pale, a lanky and flopping nightmare describes it perfectly

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
that first pic of the farmer and the way you describe it reminds me of the sfv pheno of some larry I grew, the way the leaves are rounded and a bit pale, a lanky and flopping nightmare describes it perfectly
Very nice, yeah I’ve had some sfv og in the past that tasted very similar. Would not surprise me if it is related. The dude i got it from had bred it many generations, but I’m not sure where his original stock came from to make it. Old dude probably past 70 these days, so I’m not sure how old the stock came from.

I’ll include some veg photos to show it in better detail. But yeah even in veg it’s a bit lanky, very distinct growth. I don’t have to worry about labeling it even when cloning.