What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mango Thai by The Real Seed Company

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking for smoke reports on this strain. I really liked mine and expect lots of very positive reviews. We will see.

I think mine stretched double to triple as I recall. I train mine by bending the stem/supercropping so not sure. I do not recall it as being out of control with the stretch.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Looking for smoke reports on this strain. I really liked mine and expect lots of very positive reviews. We will see.

I think mine stretched double to triple as I recall. I train mine by bending the stem/supercropping so not sure. I do not recall it as being out of control with the stretch.

just smoking an early snapped sample,, rest still in flo, has good strength to it feel it in head an chest has a slight heavier aspect than i expected that wears off after 10 mins into a smooth sativa energy with mood lifting smiley aspect,,just one poorly grown early sample .... the remaining females taking there good sweet time to finish ,, off for a walk to watch the sunrise ,,

funkyhorse

Day 34 on 10/14.

Does anyone know how much more stretch shes likely to have ?View Image View Image

My understanding is there are at least 3 different versions of unrelated genetics carrying the name Mango Thai sold by the same seedbank(TRSC) being released so far so it gets confusing about which one of the three you and other people are talking about

My plants which are from the 2019 batch are on 11/13 and 20 liter pots. After 27 days they show no signs of sex yet and their stretch at this point is x 3, they have tripled their size in this time. Very big internodal space, I just let her grow, if it goes over x 4,5 stretch I might top or bend, I hope it shows sex before that.

I hope it helps

harvestreaper

Veteran
My understanding is there are at least 3 different versions of unrelated genetics carrying the name Mango Thai sold by the same seedbank(TRSC) being released so far so it gets confusing about which one of the three you and other people are talking about

My plants which are from the 2019 batch are on 11/13 and 20 liter pots. After 27 days they show no signs of sex yet and their stretch at this point is x 3, they have tripled their size in this time. Very big internodal space, I just let her grow, if it goes over x 4,5 stretch I might top or bend, I hope it shows sex before that.

I hope it helps

mine were 019 to,,still flowering in 6 litre pots me thinks you got quite the wait in 20liters but hopefully a rewarding yeild

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, the high is almost a hybrid effect with a sativa dominance. Not electric but certainly up and away. Comedown is gentle but you may feel a bit drowsy, not burned out or needing sleep.

I consider hypnotic to describe the high to be fair. Not in a drugged out or coma type way, just subtle like that. Trance type effect but clear enough to do most anything.

Miasa Mura

My Mango Thai were ordered this year so likely they are from the 2019 population. They are 4x stretch since everything else in the garden started to flower. I had to Ben the tops because the plants are about 7 feet tall in three gallon pots! One is more purple and the other green. The purple has less branches and is a week behind the green which has much more branching and a higher looking yield.

Attachments

• 59F9C9CD-178E-43E8-9347-B12594FF13FF.jpg
    59F9C9CD-178E-43E8-9347-B12594FF13FF.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 68
  • E1862F22-EBC8-4903-8CFD-D57A477FA34F.jpg
    E1862F22-EBC8-4903-8CFD-D57A477FA34F.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 24226EF5-4134-4E2F-BE7E-F1B606139668.jpg
    24226EF5-4134-4E2F-BE7E-F1B606139668.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 5231C68E-53A8-4486-888F-E2010792E614.jpg
    5231C68E-53A8-4486-888F-E2010792E614.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 69
  • A570F8DD-95EE-4353-BF9B-467ED00C4BD8.jpg
    A570F8DD-95EE-4353-BF9B-467ED00C4BD8.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 74

funkyhorse

mine were 019 to,,still flowering in 6 litre pots me thinks you got quite the wait in 20liters but hopefully a rewarding yeild

The reason I put it on 20 liters is because from reports of the high of this batch it seems to be 20th century ganja. And in the 20th century it was common knowledge the bigger you grow it the stronger the high. But after seeing how they grow now I sex the rest of the batch on 3,5-5 liters and then take clones and put them on big pots when small
From modern strains I found it is all the same small or big pot, no difference in the high. But with Coljam clones I found the ones grown on 20 liters were stronger and better quality than the ones which grew on 10 liters.

These plants on 20 liters are beasts. The roots have conquered the whole pot, it is impressive

harvestreaper

Veteran
My Mango Thai were ordered this year so likely they are from the 2019 population. They are 4x stretch since everything else in the garden started to flower. I had to Ben the tops because the plants are about 7 feet tall in three gallon pots! One is more purple and the other green. The purple has less branches and is a week behind the green which has much more branching and a higher looking yield.

they look beautiful under the sun

harvestreaper

Veteran
The reason I put it on 20 liters is because from reports of the high of this batch it seems to be 20th century ganja. And in the 20th century it was common knowledge the bigger you grow it the stronger the high. But after seeing how they grow now I sex the rest of the batch on 3,5-5 liters and then take clones and put them on big pots when small
From modern strains I found it is all the same small or big pot, no difference in the high. But with Coljam clones I found the ones grown on 20 liters were stronger and better quality than the ones which grew on 10 liters.

These plants on 20 liters are beasts. The roots have conquered the whole pot, it is impressive

interesting observation, something i might now experiment with,,
thanks

Element115

Hi Guys ,
to save confusion these seeds came from July2020 stock , quite subtle variations between them in appearance, delicious 100% mango scent on the stem rub of the two girls but the male which showed a hint of purple on hatching smells a bit more offensive even sticky fingers... maybe he doesnt like the isolation.

So now Im confused if my Mango Thai is the one described on TRSC as being sourced direct from Vientiane Province or one of the earlier reproductions ?

Looking impressive there harvestreaper, Im hoping to get a mass of foxy looking bud like that .

harvestreaper

Veteran
Hi Guys ,
to save confusion these seeds came from July2020 stock , quite subtle variations between them in appearance, delicious 100% mango scent on the stem rub of the two girls but the male which showed a hint of purple on hatching smells a bit more offensive even sticky fingers... maybe he doesnt like the isolation.

So now Im confused if my Mango Thai is the one described on TRSC as being sourced direct from Vientiane Province or one of the earlier reproductions ?

Looking impressive there harvestreaper, Im hoping to get a mass of foxy looking bud like that .

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84327&pictureid=2087673&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84327&pictureid=2087674&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84327&pictureid=2087675&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
sounds like you have a nice male there ,, here i made seeds using two males both showed female traits ,,the traits in your plants seem consistant with what i have here to,these came vientiane, i guess only way to be sure is contact realseedds,,look forward to seeing how they turn out :tiphat:

was just looking back through the thread to find out when i started these and they look more like yours in early stages of flo lookslike you got same strain also purple hues etc looks like these been in flo around 5 months so far lol

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Internode Length is 120mm and sex showed on the 8th node on all

I measured yesterday and internode length in my plants in 20 liters is between 120 and a little over 150 mm
So according to your report, they hopefully must show sex in one more week
Thank you for posting

GreenAndFast

Hello guys this is my little mango Thai, it has grown a lot more than some oth I have planted. A week longer in soil.
picture.php

funkyhorse

Mango Thai boy showed sex after 31 days
picture.php

Mango Thai girl showed sex after 34 days, the rest of the family is sexing
picture.php

Both boy and girl have a x 5 stretch so far after 38 days and they seem to keep going up
Boy is 2,25 meter high rootbound in a 20 liter pot. Girl is 2 meter tall, she is also rootbound in 20 liter pot

Latest posts

Latest posts