What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

G

I know the Murder Mountain 6 part series about Humboldt county has been listed but I have to plug it again. Kind of stoned when I watch most of it since I binged watch it. Going back thru it again cause wife said she wants to see it. Im curious if there are any folks here who have insight how accurate it is.

G

Except they're not cartoons, they're live action. And they're pretty good.

Hell, even my 73 year old mom likes the Avengers series of movies. But her favorite is Deadpool.:biggrin:

I loved Deadpool but that is one that was more of an adult movie not like the rest of them. Some of them are good but the studios have milked the comic book genre to the point its a joke. The last spider man with stupid lizard and the reboot of fantasic four was just plain garbage. Not to mention the never ending, barf, X men movies.

There are a ton of sci-fi shorts on YouTube that just need to be fleshed out that would make good movies.

Will Tony Starks next suit be part geriatric wheelchair?

Drifting from netflix a bit but when a studio keeps casting ben afleck in batman and the fact that Henry Cavill didnt get a man of steel 2 and instead they made him make the soupy turd batman vs superman just to fuck up the whole thing.

Suicide squad was a giant gimmick but margo robbies ass in those shorts kept me watching. The pathetic joker played by some dude that Im not even looking up for his name. He sucked.

St. Phatty

One thing I noticed with Netflix - I have many more movies/series that I have started to look at than I have ever watched - since I seem to fall asleep watching them - must be this indica shutting me down - lol

I fall asleep during most movies - <Zzzzzzz>

That's one of the reasons I play them. Good cure for insomnia.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Childish cartoon repeats. What is next, Road Runner vs Marvin the Martian?

Dude...You must be like 90 years old bro.... Comparing Road Runner and Marvin the Martian...

Do you think any People not from the Great Depression era even name the children Stewart anymore... I bet that name went away around the time they cured Polio :tiphat:

G

Dude...You must be like 90 years old bro.... Comparing Road Runner and Marvin the Martian...

Do you think any People not from the Great Depression era even name the children Stewart anymore... I bet that name went away around the time they cured Polio :tiphat:
You are so clueless its like shooting fish in a barrel. Obviously a product of gubment indoctrination centers that threw out the math and science books because they make stupid people look stupid.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Shooting fish in a barrel??? Stewy ..u keep making so many 1950's references. u know the world has moved on from Technicolor and Antennas ... I believe its called HD and 5G these days....

You should watch my favorite movie of all time....

Dont mess with the Zohan

scrogrow

Brad Williams daddy issues I literally had to pause now and then cos I was laughing so hard I missed some bits

It's on prime

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello 944s2, today Kinski is a little bit out. The today generation don´t care about him very much, and there is one thing which it doesn´t make it easy to honor him. One of his daughters said that he misused her.

Oh dear! I didn’t know that,,,
Very sad,,,,s2:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
She said, he misused her over 14 years, but I am carefull with such things. Maybe she needed the story to force her autobiography? Who knows?

Anyway, in some minutes, we start with "Better call Saul", Season 4.:)

G

Shooting fish in a barrel??? Stewy ..u keep making so many 1950's references. u know the world has moved on from Technicolor and Antennas ... I believe its called HD and 5G these days....

You should watch my favorite movie of all time....

Dont mess with the Zohan
Seen it. Many times. Its OK. Im not sure why you think my age is what it is. Typical since you are most likely some millennial who got a participation medal no matter how poorly you did in school. Someday you will have an offspring named frito.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I loved Deadpool but that is one that was more of an adult movie not like the rest of them. Some of them are good but the studios have milked the comic book genre to the point its a joke. The last spider man with stupid lizard and the reboot of fantasic four was just plain garbage. Not to mention the never ending, barf, X men movies.

There are a ton of sci-fi shorts on YouTube that just need to be fleshed out that would make good movies.

Will Tony Starks next suit be part geriatric wheelchair?

Drifting from netflix a bit but when a studio keeps casting ben afleck in batman and the fact that Henry Cavill didnt get a man of steel 2 and instead they made him make the soupy turd batman vs superman just to fuck up the whole thing.

Suicide squad was a giant gimmick but margo robbies ass in those shorts kept me watching. The pathetic joker played by some dude that Im not even looking up for his name. He sucked.
I guess I should have qualified that a bit better.

The Marvel Studio movies are good. And the last Spiderman was Homecoming. Which was also good. Because Sony had very little to do with it, mainly.

The rest, as you so eloquently put, suck donkey balls.

Mmmmmm. Margot Robbie in those shorts though... Too bad the rest of the movie was horrible.

St. Phatty

Sci-fi Classics.

Star Wars.

Star Trek.

Aliens.

B-list Classics

Battlestar Galactica

Dark Humor Sci Fi Classics

Re-animator

Recent sci-fi movie that really surprised me -
"Life" - about an unexpected bug they picked up from Mars.

G

Sci-fi Classics.

Star Wars.

Star Trek.

Aliens.

B-list Classics

Battlestar Galactica

Dark Humor Sci Fi Classics

Re-animator

Recent sci-fi movie that really surprised me -
"Life" - about an unexpected bug they picked up from Mars.
A good list but you omit 2001 and an older classic Forbidden Planet. Leslie Neilson pre Airplane.

Alien and Aliens are probably my number one and two all time. 2001 and some good weed though,,,,

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A good list but you omit 2001 and an older classic Forbidden Planet. Leslie Neilson pre Airplane.

Alien and Aliens are probably my number one and two all time. 2001 and some good weed though,,,,

Agreed on Alien and Aliens. Ever listened to or watched the Rifftrax version of Aliens? Hilarious. Especially if you love Alien originally.

A Clockwork Orange is also on Prime right now. Also one of my favorites of all times.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I miss the crap quality and technical excellence (sic) of some of the old 'B' movies like 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon' - in the old days the monster was usually some big guy in a large and very durable rubber suit - Capt Jim Kirk (Star Trek) usually had to battle against one every week or so - nowadays its all computer generated - which removes some of the charm - its become all too realistic - we need Retro-Vision!

Green Squall

I miss the crap quality and technical excellence (sic) of some of the old 'B' movies like 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon' - in the old days the monster was usually some big guy in a large and very durable rubber suit - Capt Jim Kirk (Star Trek) usually had to battle against one every week or so - nowadays its all computer generated - which removes some of the charm - its become all too realistic - we need Retro-Vision!

Do you have a Roku? This free app has a huge collection of those kinds of movies.

https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/drive-in-classics

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Watched LA Confidential on netflix. Cop movie with Kim Bassinger (looking good) Danny Devito, Russell Crow. Pretty good flick. Surround sound had bullets flying all over the place (great with a buzz on).