What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Kali Mist vs New Kali Mist?

KindHypnos

Beauties PG.... went ahead and posted one of yours up for you man.

How many daze in did you let'em go??

picture.php

Last edited:
Q

qanabose

dan woody,
nice fat lookin' buds you got there even if they do tend to be a bit on the fluffy side. at least someone lucky enoungh to be scoring something like this is going to be blown away at how full thier baggy is gonna be.

Amidst all the mediocracy that's out there, KM tantalises me as one of those elite sativas that's always cleverly managed to elude me. sadly, the closest I got was a late outdoor grow a couple of years ago. I had 27 KM's happening right up till budding time but ended up having to destroy them in an awful hurry not long after they had entered into budding, so it didn't count...I'm still hangin' on a next time when I can speak from a successful maturation.

Last edited:

whodair

Veteran
take kali out of the equation, and just ask "old vs new". old is always the sentimental favorite. new is met with skepticism

thepureskunk

The Kali i've smoked has always had a really nice musty/spicy/pepper sorta smell :lick:

The smell/taste is almost as good as the high :joint:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
In another thread here someone posted up Simon's Kali Mist story, basically he changed it in '98 to add a little Indica speed & weight, people complained, so he changed it back.

Ever since then, people have been going around, mainly online I guess, "helping" each other telling people it has been inferior since being changed '98... this is patently not true. I have also seen people merging this to include AK47, Chronic and no doubt White Russian and Bubblegum as well, nothing like a good rumour............

K

kittykronic

i have read some of those post..i did'nt buy bcuz i though after reading the post it was not as good..so chaos, is it still as good..is it worth my time..thanks

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
i have read some of those post..i did'nt buy bcuz i though after reading the post it was not as good..so chaos, is it still as good..is it worth my time..thanks

Hi kitty,

It is because of the amount of misinformation out there that I bother repeating it !

Kali Mist is a truly fantastic strain, IMO Serious are the most reliable seed bank out there, I promise you will be over the moon.

Understand what it is though, 10+ week flowering, early/mid November harvest outdoors in Spain, psychotically strong weed not for beginners or people prone to mad paranoias, the best thing I have ever smoked, only Sour Diesel, NL5xHaze and Chocolope have come close.

K

kittykronic

thank you and yes i will give it a try..i have a few now that go 10-12 weeks..

G

i love kalimist with the right pheno she is strong yes in the head. but just the right body to make you very relaxed. i smoked some today in a car . when i aired it out you could hear a bunch of pizza delivery boys say wow. then i drove right to the social security office. turned the radio to some rock and it was bliss.

THC•20

Hi kitty,

It is because of the amount of misinformation out there that I bother repeating it !

Kali Mist is a truly fantastic strain, IMO Serious are the most reliable seed bank out there, I promise you will be over the moon.

Understand what it is though, 10+ week flowering, early/mid November harvest outdoors in Spain, psychotically strong weed not for beginners or people prone to mad paranoias, the best thing I have ever smoked, only Sour Diesel, NL5xHaze and Chocolope have come close.

And this is your opinion even about the post-2000 stock?

edit: Ah fuck it, never mind that question. I'm tired of asking this question over and over again. Guess the only true way to find out is to try it my self, I just put down $91 on a pack and hopefully I'll find something that will satisfy my need for an electrifying Sativa.

KindHypnos

THC•20;2232657 said:
And this is your opinion even about the post-2000 stock?

edit: Ah fuck it, never mind that question. I'm tired of asking this question over and over again. Guess the only true way to find out is to try it my self, I just put down $91 on a pack and hopefully I'll find something that will satisfy my need for an electrifying Sativa.

I have a KM cut that came from a pack from '06.... it has a very nice upbeat buzz but nothing I'd call 'electrifying', though everyone is different so it may effect you so... My advice would be to get a pack, or even better two... pick out the most sativa leaning fems and males, discarding only those of profound indica characteristics(if they even present themselves) and let them all do their thing. Through the resulting progeny you should be able to find an excellent representation of the KM sativa experience you seek.... that is, if you don't find it straight from the original beans which you very well may.

G'luck on the hunt....

THC•20

I have a KM cut that came from a pack from '06.... it has a very nice upbeat buzz but nothing I'd call 'electrifying', though everyone is different so it may effect you so... My advice would be to get a pack, or even better two... pick out the most sativa leaning fems and males, discarding only those of profound indica characteristics(if they even present themselves) and let them all do their thing. Through the resulting progeny you should be able to find an excellent representation of the KM sativa experience you seek.... that is, if you don't find it straight from the original beans which you very well may.

G'luck on the hunt....

Thank you :) I won't be able to flower it any time soon though because I'm going some where during the Summer so I don't want anything flowering, but as soon as I come back I plan on starting them. I'm pretty sure even if it doesn't trip me out it'll definitely be a change from all of this narcotic smoke I have now.

bigherb

Veteran
danwoody,

lilmonster shes a beauty

soo do you prefer to tie down lst style or toppin

im askin caz i gonna put som outdoor in 25 gal pot soon should get bout 3 month veg

D

Dalaihempy

You know the od thing about km i saw 2 phinos tall wich looked close to wat you would expect from say ssh and a very short squote sative with thinner leaf.

My pic was the thin leaf phino mind blowing high and when run from clone the plant took on a diffrent look had wider leaf odly in flower it looked very dutch yet the smoke is equale to any old shool thia i ever smoked.

I only grew the erly vertion 96 or pre 96 and i rate it in the top 10 list i have been growing and smokeing basicly haze since 2002 and its a diffrent high to any haze line i have tryed to date km rates up there with a good selected neviles haze no one realy knows what km is made of lots belive its this or that i have my theary and the new vertion still has people happy with any modern line selections key to finding what you your self like getting a clone from some one may not be the best expretion of a given line but more what they liked best to get seeds run them select.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The KM that Simon has now is no different then the pre 96 version. He changed it back years ago. This has been mentioned 3 times now just in this thread. I have/had both Phenos. Both are devastating. The Wide leaf version has much more of a Couch lock to me. You can see both Pheno types in my album.

G

she is right at early flower .i will come back in a month and she will look different. she is a big old clone from a seed plant i just wanted to take a 2nd look. i have did all you can say with a plant scrog .lst ,topped and then topped again.