Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Smokers want mellower weed- great article

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Smokers want mellower weed- great article Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM #21
Nunsacred

Nunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura about
I found it very easy to obtain sociable weed from my own grows.
About half of my phenotypes are about right.
About half are too strong IMO, but that's fine, I leave them alone most of the time.

I don't have any strains with silly names based on weaponry. I think that's an obvious first step towards enlightened breeding stock.

What we need is for intelligent, successful people who enjoy a bit to speak up
and name their gear.
So perhaps
"Dawkins Theological"
instead of
"Pimp Dawg by illiterate-wannabe-gangster"

Doesn't matter anyway
it's only the commercial side which is riddled with silly breeders

Old 03-21-2013, 03:26 PM #22
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow-Bob View Post
well, third eye activity is a very special trait to look for in the effects... with this specific trait i competely agree that sativas are the best starting point (pure sativas more so than ind./sat. hybrids)

but this thread was about mellow effects and a lot of sativas are too racy to be considered mellow... but i completely get what you're saying... the plants i value the most are the ones that gently uplift me while also carrying these psychedelic properties - that's what i select for mostly (and what i find mostly with pure sativas)

but this type of effect depends more on set/setting, road of administration and tolerance than anything else: somebody with low tolerance will get really strong psychedelic effects when consuming orally no matter if it's an indica or a sativa (except maybe indicas so strong that they put them to sleep, but this also depends a lot on the dose)

also it's not the herb that opens the third eye - it is your mind, herb may facilitate the flow of energy in this point for a short period of time - but this is what most spiritualists consider a "false experience", "true experiences" for them are reached through concentration and meditation - and they say it lasts a lot longer and that those "false experiences" in the long term just lead to more confusion than benefit (that's not my opinion! just what the yogis tell me )

good vibes
I have to agree with most everything you say however i find sativas calming and "mellow" (even though I have had a fair share of racy ones)

For me, and because I do posses a neurological disorder that biases how I feel and think at all times, a "vehicle" is necessary to eliminate its bias and let my mind focus with enough clarity to open it (let the eye flow)

So it may be part of my "wiring" to get more "relief" from a sat high without it "slowing me down" or diluting my clarity

the strains i smoke have replaced a cocktail of zypreka, depakote, xanax, effexor, escaklith and ambien and eliminated the effects of the disorder that ailed me which those drugs could not

I found these strains and grew them out of my desire to change and heal so I do not think the vehicle is the question as is the resulting cause and effect, i did not put any less effort into finding a way to calm my mind with herbs as other people put into other vehicles of enlightenment

is a legless man not mobile when he uses a wheel chair?

should his mobility be deemed false because he uses one?

how about a legless man that makes his own wheelchair?

the conscious will and decision to open the third eye is the same first step all the enlightened have taken regardless of the vehicle

as long as people are ego centric enough to believe that THEIR use of a particular vehicle is the only right vehicle the acceleration of enlightenment throughout all of mankind will be delayed

the ability to be enlightened is universal, the vehicles (methods) are not, they are relative to the totality of our being past and present and the influence of the world they experienced which is unique to some extent in all of us

it its mankind's latent capacity to be enlightened that should be celebrated and encouraged not necessarily any one particular vehicle

my simple interpretation from the feedback I get is people want to be high (euphoric) but they want mental clarity not abusively stoned

most people find my heavy weeds too heavy unless they are trying to kick dope or have serious pain problems or are fellow long time grower/smokers like myself it has less to do with potency that with the nature of the buzz itself

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan

Last edited by Weird; 03-22-2013 at 05:38 AM..
Weird is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:32 PM #23
Tokin

Tokin is on a distinguished road
Ive lived in NE Wa for 7 years now and what ive learned is there is a large segment of rec smokers that want less potent pot and there are patients that need a higher cbd to thc ratio. Then theres the medical patients that need that high thc meds.
I see major issues with this I 502 junk for patients if lawmakers get their way and merge medical patients and dispensarys and recreational users and state run outlets.
Mark my words, there will be a major revolt if lawmakers screw with 69.51a and the patients right to grow our own medicine.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM #24
Nunsacred

Nunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura aboutNunsacred has a spectacular aura about
Just occurred to me:

it's been an illegal trade so its dominated by kids
and small players because anyone getting proper about it gets stopped

once the industry grows up a bit, the sensible strains and marketing will come.

edit: I really want a strain whose flavour chimes well with coriander in Indian cooking.
This would need to be very tasty but very mellow in strength.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM #25
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
one of the easiest ways to see the real spectrum of difference in sativa and indicas is to smoke them under the influence of other specific psychedelics

sativas posses another dimensions in this world many other dimensions

this one I have experienced first hand with others on many occasions

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM #26
trichster

Ive been on a similar path recently. Ive come to not like the Chem zombie buzz or anything similar. Im not into "mellow", i would say im into "enjoyable" highs.I like to smoke all day and cant stand feeling like falling asleep or being zombiefied. It doesnt matter Sativa or Indica as long as it gets me High and not stoned right away and has a happy enjoyable high. Almost like taking a "happy" pill. So far only some SSH crosses and and surprisingly a RKS from DNA have had this recently.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM #27
Tokin

Tokin is on a distinguished road
With that said i think that people that have issues with smoking should switch to ingesting. Ive found folks that dont like the instant effect of smoking like the glyceryn extraction and truely cant smoke anything but leaf or trim.
Smoking hash helps none since hash is almost all thc and bho, even if its made from a low thc, high cbd strain causes anxiety issues. In the last 5 years ive seen many more high cbd strains locally.
Is there a way medical growers can send samples for testing?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM #28
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
Maybe THCv indica's from Pakistan will become more popular. THCv blocks some effects of THC. Best herb I ever smoked was not that potent, just highly meditative. Every time I smoked it I was just so happy with the effects. The Pennsylvania Dutch grow some dank, I can see the advertisements already.
Easy7 is online now Quote

Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM #29
Sideshow-Bob

Sideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird View Post
I have to agree with most everything you say however i find sativas calming and "mellow" (even though I have had a fair share of racy ones)

For me, and because I do posses a neurological disorder that biases how I feel and think at all times, a "vehicle" is necessary to eliminate its bias and let my mind focus with enough clarity to open it (let the eye flow)

So it may be part of my "wiring" to get more "relief" from a sat high without it "slowing me down" or diluting my clarity

the strains i smoke have replaced a cocktail of zypreka, depakote, xanax, effexor, escaklith and ambien and eliminated the effects of the disorder that ailed me which those drugs could not

I found these strains and grew them out of my desire to change and heal so I do not think the vehicle is the question as is the resulting cause and effect, i did not put any less effort into finding a way to calm my mind with herbs as other people put into other vehicles of enlightenment

is a legless man not mobile when he uses a wheel chair?

should his mobility be deemed false because he uses one?

how about a legless man that makes his own wheelchair?

the conscious will and decision to open the third eye is the same first step all the enlightened have taken regardless of the vehicle

as long as people are ego centric enough to believe that THEIR use of a particular vehicle is the only right vehicle the acceleration of enlightenment throughout all of mankind will be delayed

the ability to be enlightened is universal, the vehicles (methods) are not, they are relative to the totality of our being past and present and the influence of the world they experienced which is unique to some extent in all of us

it its mankind's latent capacity to be enlightened that should be celebrated and encouraged not necessarily any one particular vehicle

my simple interpretation from the feedbag I get is people want to be high (euphoric) but they want mental clarity not abusively stoned

most people find my heavy weeds too heavy unless they are trying to kick dope or have serious pain problems or are fellow long time grower/smokers like myself it has less to do with potency that with the nature of the buzz itself
Sorry to hear about your condition Weird!

and really great to hear that you could substitute the heavy pharma-cocktail by a "simple" herb! so you're a prime example of why the pharma lobbyists do everything in their power to keep cannabis illegal - nobody would buy their shitty drugs (much less repeatedly) anymore if they had access to the right herbal medicine (of course there are exceptions, they do have real medicine too - but less so than poison imho)

i agree that there is no single way that works for everyone - every individual has to go their own way, make their own mistakes and learn their own lessons... also i don't believe in enlightenment as something absolute, for me it's more of a spectrum in which we climb up and down within the course of our lifes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird View Post
one of the easiest ways to see the real spectrum of difference in sativa and indicas is to smoke them under the influence of other specific psychedelics

sativas posses another dimensions in this world many other dimensions

this one I have experienced first hand with others on many occasions

just the other day i was reading that djshort used this as a method in his breeding... plants would have to pass the acid-test to be used for further breeding

seems that it works pretty well, considering that his strains are famous for their quality of effect...

sending you positive vibrations for your journey(s)
Sideshow-Bob is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 PM #30
festivus
STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!

festivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud of
This looks like the way the pot world is trending. I've been into growing the most potent strains I can find for a while now. But when my g/f and I smoke, the first thing she asks is "Is this day-ender?" Just about everything I have is day ender for her.

So I've been collecting skunk genetics for my next round. Skunk Special, Lemon Skunk, Super Skunk, ect. Looking for that well balanced, happy, up high without the knockdown.

Seed Buyers Beware! Don't waste your money on hype. If you have to buy multiple seed packs to find that "keeper", you're getting ripped off. Every female in a pack of seeds should be a keeper! We've been led to believe that lots of variation in a cross is a good thing, because some vendors would rather you buy several packs of their gear, instead of them actually doing the selections to fix that nag champa or golden clit trait themselves. For hobby growers, pheno hunting is fun. But mono-croppers who grow to pay the bills prefer a consistent product that regularly delivers the desired trait package.
festivus is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.