What's new

Share your PAIN !!!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am getting so tired of being in pain all the fucking time. People wonder why I'm such an asshole. You fucking wake up screaming in pain every fucking day and see what kind of person you are.

I guess I just wanted to talk about it. Sorry.

I'm almost 65 years old. When I was 60, I had damn near a 6 pack ab and I was in California climbing mountains. I could pull myself up with one arm. Not a feat I saw many 60 year olds accomplish.

I have been fighting pain since I was in my 20's. Fucking back pain.

Screaming drunk all my life. Fell down a thousand times. Had over 50 car wrecks. Rolled 3. Totaled 6. Motorcycle wrecks, too.

A lifetime of dehydration from alcoholism has all my tendons snapping like old rubber bands.

Arthritis is a constant burn.

I flipped a tractor about 15 years ago and fell onto my neck. Since then, there's all this growth and bone spurs and shit growing all over the back of my neck. Fucking headaches are skull crushers.

I have had a bone spur on my foot for about 5 or 6 years. Makes every step a pain. Even walking into stores like Home Depot and the grocery store become endless walks of pain.

From 55 to 60 I had 12 surgeries. All minor stuff but it seemed like I was in recovery all the fucking time. I think that's why I was in such good shape at 60. It was all the recovery rehab from all those surgeries. Knee scopes. Hernias. Minor shit like that.

I have been a steady at the gym for almost 50 years. I have had times off and on but overall, I have been pretty damn good about it.

Also, I need both knees replaced. One is still pretty good for , maybe 4 or 5 years. The right knee is already past due.

Fucking Winter came early in December and I fucking HATE Winter. I have wanted to move out of this shithole ever since I retired. That's why I was in Cali 5 years ago. Looking for a place to move to and retire. (Fucking, the coastal part of Cali is fucking expensive for housing). LOL

Once Winter hit, my depression quickly followed and I didn't leave the fucking house for almost a month. That includes not going to the gym. Core got fucking weak. I picked something up wrong... bingo. Level 10 back pain is back again. Fuck !! It's been almost 3 months since I went to the gym. I believe that's the longest in almost 20 years.

So far I have managed to stay away from opiates. I'm sure I'll be an addict sooner or later. I was hoping that exercise and decent health could delay that as long as possible. I really don't like pain pills. I have had to take them after all my surgeries and I really really hate what they do to your body. Man was not meant to take a shit once a week. LMAO

Well, I have been sitting here and the pain is not screaming right at this moment. There are times of relief. Maybe I won't even post this. It felt better just to type it.

Fucking pain. If ever there was a devil, he comes in the form of pain. I wanted to kill myself a half hour ago. I was asking God to take me. I feel a little better now.

Fucking pain.

The struggle is hard. There are times when I want to give up. Fucking pain.

Pot doesn't seem to make any difference with that level 7 and above pain. It takes percodan for that level pain. Quite frankly, I don't believe all the hype about pot relieving pain. I smoke 6 pounds a year and it sure doesn't seem like it's working for me. Albeit, as my wife says, "How would you know. You're always high". LOL

Fucking pain.

Fucking pain.

Going to get a cup of coffee and try to move. I have been doing some of my old knee and back therapy at home and I'm hoping to be strong enough to get back to the gym tomorrow.

It's a horrible fucking time in your life when you go from youth to old age. Especially when it happens overnight. I was so young, just yesterday.

How did it come to this.

How did it come to this.

Spaventa

Veteran
Stay strong - I mean EAT well. get your nutrition and supplement minerals and vitamins. I find it makes a big difference. I know pain runs your appetite so keep protein shake stuff so you stay strong.
I broke my leg, foot, hip and lower spine in 3 places, my jaw in 3 places, teeth crushed and had my left deltoid torn off me. I had my chest, sternum and thorax crushed flat and 7 off my ribs put through both my lungs. Ive had 12 operations since and have 3 Ti plates and 12 bolts in my spine, an 17" Ti nail in leg and 2 plates and several screw in my jaw. Im having implant teeth put in soon I hope.
It happened because somebody, after losing control at high speed, drove across into the oncoming traffic lane and head on into me, I found out later. Never heard a word from the driver, not even a get well card. He was a 19 in his dads Mercedes S Class. He lost control at 100mph according to his sat nav police said. He had his dads lawyers and walked. /he pinned it on another driver who he blamed for him losing control. either way, he walked away unharmed and his dads car covered.
The pain that bothers me is the way it messed up stuff at home with my wife and kids.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
That is some fucked up shit dude. At least all my pain is self inflicted. A lifetime of bad habits is coming back to haunt me. I don't know how I would handle it, knowing it was someone else's fault. Really fucked up.

I am a total health freak when it comes to food. I grind my own flour from real whole grains to make my own home made bread. LOL Not really a big bread eater but it's fun.

I try to avoid processed foods as much as possible. Before the gym I have a VitaMix shake of 3 fruits, 2 veggies, almonds, spring water, whey protein and a one-a-day over 55 vitamin.

Fresh fruits and veggies are my main diet. Plenty of meat fish and chicken too.

I only wish I had come to my senses earlier in life. Been total health food for about 15 years.

I am fighting against 2 things... bad genetics and bad lifestyle (past).

Like the bass player in my band says... "Dude, you gotta keep fighting. Don't give up".

starke

I'm 60 and in about the same shape you are due largely to three motorcycle accidents when I was much younger. Fortunately weed covers about 90% of my daily pain, though the doc and I have discussed steps for down the road if needed.

Just FYI...YOUR BASS PLAYER IS RIGHT!!

Green Squall

Ringo my friends father was in a similar situation and he swore by hot tubs and sauna's. Maybe look into some kind of athletic club if there's one in your area.

My kind of pain is different. My large intestine is totally fucked and I'm in constant discomfort. I've had stomach issues my whole life, but last spring things started getting worse. I havn't been exercising, can't eat most vegetables or anything else irritating. I refuse to believe there isn't a cure for this disease and I do not want to take harsh medications to treat it. I need to quit drinking, focus on diet and continue juicing cabbage. I would literally rather have my left arm amputated than deal with this bull shit. I'm only 31 and want my life back.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It sux to feel nauseous all the time. I have waves but it's not a cronic problem for me. There was a time when I ate antacids and then Zantac like candy. But, then one day, it mostly stopped. It's also about the time I sold my business (stress) and started eating better so, it's pretty logical.

One of the best things I ever did for myself was to be aware of what I eat.

I guess I should count my blessings that I don't deal with that any more.

Meds never seem to help anything. I know that.

Spaventa

Veteran
It sux to feel nauseous all the time. I have waves but it's not a cronic problem for me. There was a time when I ate antacids and then Zantac like candy. But, then one day, it mostly stopped. It's also about the time I sold my business (stress) and started eating better so, it's pretty logical.

One of the best things I ever did for myself was to be aware of what I eat.

I guess I should count my blessings that I don't deal with that any more.

Meds never seem to help anything. I know that.

I take Prochlorperazine with my Tramadol or the nausea is so bad the pain relief isn't worth it. 5mg of that with the Tramadol and it fine.

Counting your blessing is right. I remember when they told me that the accident WASN'T my fault in any way and nobody died - huge relief felt like winning the lottery. Second was months later when I confirmed, with my wifes assistance, that all was well in other areas :) Id been piped up like a pot system for months and when they took that crap out.. THAT was pain. Not as bad as post op pain where I was screaming from the moment I was conscious until they hit me with morphine, that was horrendous. I get choked up remembering.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ringo my friends father was in a similar situation and he swore by hot tubs and sauna's. Maybe look into some kind of athletic club if there's one in your area.

My kind of pain is different. My large intestine is totally fucked and I'm in constant discomfort. I've had stomach issues my whole life, but last spring things started getting worse. I havn't been exercising, can't eat most vegetables or anything else irritating. I refuse to believe there isn't a cure for this disease and I do not want to take harsh medications to treat it. I need to quit drinking, focus on diet and continue juicing cabbage. I would literally rather have my left arm amputated than deal with this bull shit. I'm only 31 and want my life back.

Sorry your health's so unbalanced bro. Maybe go to a genuine health food store and take some advice from their staff nutritionist, a good health food store will have someone with qualifications, call around asking first to avoid wasting time. Tell them why you might be coming in. Very best of luck with that GS.

I'm about to come into some money, not a boatload but enough to make a couple of improvements around here, first & foremost a walk-in tub, 6 whirlpool jets & 18 air jets, heated water booster etc. This will be a dream come true with my severe arthritic pains, can't wait, maybe 60-90 days from being able to order. My hips, knees & lower back will get what they need every day.

Well at least your not 30 and feel that way. Its all in how you look at it. gotta stay positive and get your mind moving when your feeling idle just gotta keep on pushing bud :)

Green Squall

Sorry your health's so unbalanced bro. Maybe go to a genuine health food store and take some advice from their staff nutritionist, a good health food store will have someone with qualifications, call around asking first to avoid wasting time. Tell them why you might be coming in. Very best of luck with that GS.

I'm about to come into some money, not a boatload but enough to make a couple of improvements around here, first & foremost a walk-in tub, 6 whirlpool jets & 18 air jets, heated water booster etc. This will be a dream come true with my severe arthritic pains, can't wait, maybe 60-90 days from being able to order. My hips, knees & lower back will get what they need every day.

Thanks. We have an excellent health food store that I shop at all the time and I pretty well versed on nutrition and such. As of this weekend I'm temporarily cutting out dairy, meat, beer and processed food. I'll mostly been eating wild fish, whole grains, fermented foods and am going to start adding certain organic veggies back into my diet. Juicing has been great too. I love the energy kick from juiced greens sweetened with apple. I want to get better so I can get back into my kayak this summer.

Enjoy that whirlpool, sounds like a great idea. Combine that with a nice indica and you'll be feeling top notch!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. We have an excellent health food store that I shop at all the time and I pretty well versed on nutrition and such. As of this weekend I'm temporarily cutting out dairy, meat, beer and processed food. I'll mostly been eating wild fish, whole grains, fermented foods and am going to start adding certain organic veggies back into my diet. Juicing has been great too. I love the energy kick from juiced greens sweetened with apple. I want to get better so I can get back into my kayak this summer.

Enjoy that whirlpool, sounds like a great idea. Combine that with a nice indica and you'll be feeling top notch!

I tend to doze off when I get comfortable, and being seated & sleeping (as I did last night) is commonplace for me. So I'm gonna wear the lifejacket I wear when fishing.

CaptainDankness

I have arthritis in my ankle from dislocating my ankle and fracturing my leg. Swells up every single day does ache a bit but not too bad, of course I'm going to need a cane by 60.

Also just got a chunk bit out of my heel trying to break up a dog fight like a dumbass. Lol, of course it should be fine in a few days as long as it doesn't get infected but damn it hurts just to walk to the bathroom. Lol

Never crashed a car or motorcycle (knocks on wood). Lol

S

sourpuss

Lower back pain that wont go away from working construction...

Ass pain from my ex lol...

ozzieAI

Veteran
sorry to hear of your pains...

i have recently started making canna capsules using a mixture of iso oil, lecithin and coconut oil and share these with a friend.i have neck and shoulder issues and my friend has all sorts of body pains etc...we both found that the caps really make a huge difference. i no longer take any anti inflammatory meds and neither does he...and we both now sleep really well...

wish you all the best...

Spaventa

Veteran
The most memorable pain Ive ever inflicted on myself was while cutting wood with a circular saw. I forgot to put my safety glasses back on after doing something else, started cutting and got a splinter stuck in my eyeball... Ouch lol I got so upset at one point in the early hours I put my arm through the wall into my wifes parents room where they were cowering lol

H

HaHaHashish

For aches and pain, especially back pain, practice yoga everyday and you will soon be pain free. For stress, practice yoga everyday to completely ease the tension. For those who sit down in front of a keyboard all day, practice yoga for get your body toned. etc etc You can take a pill or you can take control of your life and do something positive like going for a walk and practicing yoga each day.

If you have aches and pains, then maybe lifting heavy weights is not the best idea...instead try 45 minutes of fast striding while focusing on deep breathing followed by slow deep stretches or yoga poses.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I tend to doze off when I get comfortable, and being seated & sleeping (as I did last night) is commonplace for me. So I'm gonna wear the lifejacket I wear when fishing.

just blow up one of those long balloons folks make things from & tie around your neck. all you need is to keep your face out of the water. we used to get drunk & tie those things arond arms/legs etc & go "sailing" on local lake with a pint of bourbon.:tiphat: