What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Having trouble getting my AI 1.9 oven to reach full vac

Nobleski1

Hey guys! Been a while since I've been on here. Feels good to be back!

Anyways I just got a new across international oven 1.9 and a 9cfm best value vacs pump. I can pull a full vacuum I can only get it to 27hg! It's driving me crazy and I can't figure out why! I believe it's all sealed good? Maybe it's just the gauge?!

Have you guys ever had this problem? Is my pump not good enough?

Thank you guys for taking the time to help!

Old Gold

The absolute pressure in your chamber should be the gauge pressure minus the atmospheric pressure it is relative to. The gauge is reading that difference. The lower the atmospheric pressure, the higher the gauge pressure for your chamber. If you are at elevation, you have lower atmospheric pressure; thus, you have a higher gauge pressure (than the absolute value).

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys! Been a while since I've been on here. Feels good to be back!

Anyways I just got a new across international oven 1.9 and a 9cfm best value vacs pump. I can pull a full vacuum I can only get it to 27hg! It's driving me crazy and I can't figure out why! I believe it's all sealed good? Maybe it's just the gauge?!

Have you guys ever had this problem? Is my pump not good enough?

Thank you guys for taking the time to help!

What they said. What altitude are you at?

Attached is an altitude adjustment chart.

Attachments

• Pressure at Altitude-1-1.jpg
    Pressure at Altitude-1-1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 13

killa12345

Ive stated this a few times in various threads. The first AI oven i bought had a leak. AI literally overnight frieighed me a new oven. Call them up. There Customer Service is about the best ive ever had to deal with in my life.

Literally videoed the leak after troubleshooting with them. This was at like 10am. By 4pm i had a freight truck picking up the broken oven and one delivered the very next day.

I bought mine off Amazon. and literally there was a no argument return policy! Its the best in the business as far as im concerned. Good luck gettting the oven right. Give them a call and go from there.

Nobleski1

The absolute pressure in your chamber should be the gauge pressure minus the atmospheric pressure it is relative to. The gauge is reading that difference. The lower the atmospheric pressure, the higher the gauge pressure for your chamber. If you are at elevation, you have lower atmospheric pressure; thus, you have a higher gauge pressure (than the absolute value).

thanks you guys for trying to help! I am only 164 ft above sea level and shouldn't have any problem? I can also pull all the way to 30 on my other small chambers.. I don't think there is a leak because it will hold the vac over night with no drop! I'm using 1/4 hose.. Maybe try bigger hosing is what I'm going to try today. Thank you guys again for trying to drop knowledge on my rookie ass

Nobleski1

Ive stated this a few times in various threads. The first AI oven i bought had a leak. AI literally overnight frieighed me a new oven. Call them up. There Customer Service is about the best ive ever had to deal with in my life.

Literally videoed the leak after troubleshooting with them. This was at like 10am. By 4pm i had a freight truck picking up the broken oven and one delivered the very next day.

I bought mine off Amazon. and literally there was a no argument return policy! Its the best in the business as far as im concerned. Good luck gettting the oven right. Give them a call and go from there.

Great to know! Do you recall where it was leaking from?

killa12345

Yes, with was on the tubing where a 90 degree corner swaglok fittings was on crooked. It wasnt obvious either. i only heard it when i cupped the fitting with my hand. open the left hand side of the oven

Nobleski1

Right on I'll check it out later today thank you! This thing is driving me insane! 28 hg should still be enough to pull a muffing though right?

killa12345

Right on I'll check it out later today thank you! This thing is driving me insane! 28 hg should still be enough to pull a muffing though right?

Mine was leaking on the vent tube so every time i closed the valves when my pump was off....it would come back to 0.

Latest posts

Latest posts