What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Decent 100-220lb Refrigerant Charging scale

toohighmf

Veteran
I'm a cheap bastard. I wold like to play with a refrigerant scale for obvious reasons. I been looking on eBay at CPS, TIF, infacon, and these $80 jobs. With the Chinese as hip as they are on scales, should I buy a cheap Chinese no name, or buy a used & tested CPS or TIF?

Thanks!

montroller

If you can find a used TIF I would go for it... I have been putting mine through hell for years now and it is still strong as the day I got it. I have the TIF9010A Slimline for reference.

toohighmf

Veteran
Thanks Montroller. I'll see what I can find that part number used for, and compare to others that make the list. Infacons are like $80. I see terpp sells em with their turnkey systems. Any good?

killa12345

i use a cheap Chinese refrigerant scale and its been good for the most part. I use it for shipping as well and compared it to fed ex scales and it seems very accurate.

It does seem to jump by .011 of a lb. when outside and windy, but so far its worked perfectly with pretty constant use over 9 months of daily use. Only takes a 9v battery.

here is a super cheap one for $25 and goes up to 440lb..https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153I0418?psc=1

71jkVJM9DcL._SL1500_.jpg