What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have a lot of Bad Habits....

Like being lazy. Figured it's about time I started one of these.

My goal with this thread is to share my work, and hopefully pick up some help along the way. So far my grows aren't really up to my expectations and aren't performing as well as they should, so I'm hoping some people could monitor what I'm doing and perhaps provide some insight. I really need to start hitting a minimum of 2 elbows per tray in my flower room, which I have only done a couple times so far since firing the room up last March. It's time to step my game up.

Specs

all coco, drain to waste

Flower Room

- 10x13 sealed with Co2, AC and dehuey.
- 3 2x8 trays
- each tray has 3 600watt hps above (5400 total watts)
- 3 ton mitsu mr slim mini split
- perpetual (try and harvest a tray every 3 or so weeks)

Few pics of it in action:

picture.php

(room full of LVPK)

picture.php

(tray full of Obama kush)

full build out thread here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=277669

Veg Room

- 4 2x8 trays
- 8 8-bulb T-5s (4 of them will probably be used for flowering due to electrical limitations)
- ideal air 12000 btu portable ac

full build-out thread here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=290736

Current Strains

- Las Vegas Purple Kush BX (alpha kronik, from seed)
- Obama Kush (mendo purps x bubba kush, clone)
- Tangelope (DNA's tangie x chocolope, clone from Crockett420)
- Animal Cookies (clone)
- OGKB (clone)
- Animal Cookies x Cherry Pie (clone)

Future Projects

have these seeds in the stash:

Karma Genetics
- D-Kush: Chem D cut x SFV (San Fernando Valley) OG Kush BX2 male.
- Cheesy Rider: Real Exodus Cheese cut x Biker Kush V1.0 male (HA-OG BX1).
- Ghost Rider 2.0: The White (Krome cut) x Biker Kush V1.0 male.
- Strawbanana Cream: DNA’s Strawberry Banana x Karma’s White OG V2.0.

Grand Daddy Purple Genetics
- Purple Champagne (pink champagne x gdp#2)

OG Raskcal Genetics
- Fire OG BX (fire OGK x The White)
- White Fire Alien (The White clone x Fire Alien Kush male)

Redeye Genetics
- Lake of Fire F1 (gg4 x Kobain Kush)
- Epoxy OG (gg4 x Double Barrel OG)
- Kobain Kush F2 (pre-98 Bubba Kush x White Lotus)
- Bloodhound F1 (Huckleberry Hound x Guard Dawg)

Archive Seeds
- Forum Cookies x Memory Loss (Amnesia Haze x Face Off OG #4)
- Rudeboi OG ("Irene" OG x Face off OG BX1)
- OregonLemons (Lemon Diesel x Face Off OG BX1)
- Face Off OG BX2 (Face Off OG #4 x Face Off OG BX1)
- Pie Face (Cherry Pie x Face Off OG BX1)
- Polynesian Cookie Haze

Connoisseur Genetics
- Triangle Cookies (Triangle Kush x Girlscout Cookies)

In due time I will have room to start about 2 more strains (this will make more sense once you read the part below), after I figure out my strain-compatibility situation. The seeds also play a role in my contingency plan in the event I have or get root aphids and I need to shut everything down and start over.

What I would love to achieve in the long-term:

In the flower room, run 2 strains per tray, and harvest at least an elbow from each strain, so 2 elbows per tray. So there would 6 strains going in the flower room at all times. Each tray is on drippers and it's own rez, so I would have to find strains that are compatible in terms of nutrient needs and stretch in order to optimize the growing conditions. I was thinking one tray could be animal cookies and animal cookies x cherry pie or OGKB, 1 tray could be 2 different OGs which I would have to pheno-hunt from seed, and 1 tray could be the tangelope and one of the other stretchier cookie strains I have.

In the veg room, I would like to run 1 strain on each of the flower trays in the cabinet, and harvest 1lb off each tray. There is only 864 watts of floro above each tray, but I think with the right indica strain, plant count and training it is achievable. Right now I'm planning on 1 tray of the Obama Kush, and 1 tray of the LVPK, although I might end up dropping the LVPK and opting for something else.

So 8 strains total, trying to pull down a 1-2 elbows every couple weeks. I run everything by myself with no outside help.

Some of My Previous Work

Obama Kush:

picture.php

LVPK:

picture.php

Snowdizzle (Pre-98 Bubba Kush x Snowdawg 2):

picture.php

Sorry for the long-winded introduction, and welcome aboard!

Last edited:

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
man you might not be pulling the yield you want, but the quality of those nuggz, damn they look dank man, now its just a question of dialling the room, normally a sog is the easiest way to achieve big numbers in my opinion,just think how much each plant will give you like minimum, 1 Oz per plant multiply it until you get to the 2 Lb.

Beautiful buds and a clean looking setup.. Cheers!

Thank you sir, and welcome aboard :tiphat:

man you might not be pulling the yield you want, but the quality of those nuggz, damn they look dank man, now its just a question of dialling the room, normally a sog is the easiest way to achieve big numbers in my opinion,just think how much each plant will give you like minimum, 1 Oz per plant multiply it until you get to the 2 Lb.

Thanks man :peacock: I am very anal about my trimming job so as to present the best-looking bud possible with minimal leaf leftover on the bud. As a result it takes me 3-4x longer than most people to trim! It's probably not even worth the time I put into it in terms of the opportunity cost/monetary reward ratio, but I take pride in trying to put the best possible product out there.

Just finished cleaning my flower room with H202 and doing a few mods, now it's time to water everything and take some cuttings from my tangelope plants. I'll try and post post some pics of things in progress soon.

Just finished deep-cleaning my flower room, and have been doing some mods as well.

I added a 2nd dehuey, redid my irrigation system, installed a water source/filter and came up with a way to automate my runoff. I wrote detailed posts on it all in my build-out thread starting at this post: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6637512&postcount=105

Here are 5 Obama Kushes in 10 gal smart pots I just moved into the flower room, which I will flip tomorrow after installing a new trellis:

picture.php

I currently have 10 Obamas in 10 gals, and these are the better 5.

I've recently been really stressed out between harvesting my last round, cleaning and adding mods in the flower room, and trying to maintain the plants in my veg room - all while trying to take preventative measures against pests (doing some IPM and stuff on plants).

Basically when I transplanted the obamas into the 10 gals they grew up into the lights within a few days, and my runoff pump in the veg room broke. So in order to make sure the plants didn't burn from the lights I had to move them on the floor:

picture.php

This meant I couldn't maneuver at all without moving 1 plant at a time like a puzzle. And I could only water plants if they were on the top trays, so I could stick the discharge hoses in buckets to manually empty. So to water the big plants the tops of the plants had to bend a bunch just to fit them on the tray, coupled with having to move every damn plant to get around meant I couldn't water as much as I should have, and a ton of plants got super stressed out. Now that I'm finally done upgrading the flower room I'll be moving the plants in there progressively and fixing my drainage system in the veg room, so hopefully it'll all look up from here... Shit has been super stressful.

On a more positive note, here's a few slabs I had made for me recently from sugar trim I've saved up over time:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I guess the guy recently upgraded to a 20 grand close-looped system. Holy shit! That costs more than my entire flower room setup.

Gonna pick up another (much smaller) one tomorrow.

Some Amnesia Haze from my local dispo:

picture.php

I like smoking this during the day, as I can still actually get shit done after consuming it. How it makes me feel: :yay: Maybe my 2nd favorite sativa after Durban Poison right now.

Some SFV Kush from my local dispo:

picture.php

I can really only smoke this at night, as I can't get shit done after smoking it lol. How it makes me feel: :needcoffee:

Some Animal Cookies roots after being left in the cloner too long:

picture.php

I'm way behind schedule on basically everything lol

Some current stuff in the works...

OGKB:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got a full tray of em in 5 gals I'm about to throw into flower here in a few days...

I've been seriously vegging these for like 4 months now. Granted, I had a lot of problems with them the first month or so, and it took them FOREVER to fill out 1 gals from clones. Slowest growing plant I've had yet easily. They were all fucked up. But once they went from 1s to 5s they really started to take off...

My projects are all pretty behind right now, so I've just been trimming her back every week or so so it didn't hit the lights while the flower room was prepped.

Some Tangelope (DNAs tangie x DNAs chocoplope):

picture.php

I got 5 of these in 1 gals that are wayyy over vegged. I took a bunch of cuts from them and just flipped them into flower.

Also just flipped a ton more Obama Kush as well :dance013:

NICE MATE, OUR CATS THE SAME CRACKER.

heuheuheu. I'm hopin to get a cat (and a dog) sometime in the near future :biggrin:

Looks good.

Kudos!

Thank you sir :tiphat:

Haven't been in here in awhile, little update of things in action.

One of my flower cabs with a 2x8 tray and 2 8-bulb T5s. Each T5 has six of the flowering bulbs and two of the veg bulbs, so trying to get a little bit of a mixed spectrum in there. Here's some Obama Kushes I just flipped in there yesterday:

picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately this half of the cab I overvegged the plants a bit too much, so I'm praying they don't run into the light :wallbash: They usually stay pretty stout, so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

In the main flower room, here's a tray of Obamas at day 28

picture.php

And the tray behind that is at day 35

picture.php

Nice closeup of a day 35:

picture.php

Animal Cookies Day 25

picture.php

OGKB Day 25

picture.php

These have a shit load of tops, so many that there wasn't really any room to spread them out on the screen. I know OGKB stacks harder than the other cuts, so I'm praying I don't have too many buds touching close together which would lead to mold...

J

johndoe123

I see you grow in bigger coco smartpots like I do. I used to use Perlite but I switched to roots brand coco chunks in the bottom 2 inches or so followed by a 1 ta 2 mix of chunks and general hydroponics cocotek 2/3 of the way up followed by straight cocotek. It does the same thing as the perlite( lightens the mix, add aeration and stops compacting) except it's 100% usable to the roots. :tiphat: I like the fact the roots can grow through the chunks instead of around them.

I see you grow in bigger coco smartpots like I do. I used to use Perlite but I switched to roots brand coco chunks in the bottom 2 inches or so followed by a 1 ta 2 mix of chunks and general hydroponics cocotek 2/3 of the way up followed by straight cocotek. It does the same thing as the perlite( lightens the mix, add aeration and stops compacting) except it's 100% usable to the roots. :tiphat: I like the fact the roots can grow through the chunks instead of around them.

Thanks for dropping in John :tiphat:

I've been running Botanicare's Readygro Aeration formula since I started with coco. It's pre-rinsed, no need to charge, with the perlite mixed in. I like it because it's ready to go straight out of the bag, without having to spend anytime messing with other stuff. So far no complaints on my end.

Animal cookies week 7 in one of the floro cabs

picture.php

picture.php

Animal x cherry pie also in the floro cab

picture.php

picture.php

starting a 2 week flush on the 1st, which will mean they went 10 weeks total

these are just little 1 gal tester plants in a cabinet, and they've been abused to hell. Can't wait to see how the bigger ones in the normal HPS room turn out

The Obama Kushes in week 7, fading hard. Gonna start the flush on them soon.

picture.php

Tangelope (tangie x chocoplope) at week 7 under some floros

picture.php

Tangelope in the dark, but in a normal HPS room

picture.php

Animal week 5ish under 600s:

picture.php

picture.php

Animal week 4ish under floros, with a little bit of overlap from the 600s:

picture.php

picture.php

Interestingly enough, I think the one's under the floros are looking frostier and have fatter buds

Tangelope in flush:

picture.php

I have a feeling this is gonna be a bitch to trim because of the yellowed fan leaves going into the buds

Last edited:
Obama Kush in first week of flush, week 8ish:

picture.php

picture.php

New genetics to play with:

picture.php

“The Truth” which won 2nd place indica at the High Times CC in Amsterdam this year. Triangle Kush x SFV OG/XChem BX, so it should be an amazing OG.

Then 2 free testers of “dinachem” from dinafemseeds which I don’t know anything about, as well as “ww x bb” tester which I don’t know what company it’s from, on the back it says “female seeds.nl”

Some shots from the T5 floro testers cabinet, all day 70:

Animal x Cherry Pie:

picture.php

Animal:

picture.php

picture.php

Either animal or animal x cherry pie, can't remember lol:

picture.php

Tangelope:

picture.php

all flushed 2 weeks, Gonna give em the chop tomorrow or the next day

Latest posts