What's new

first time grower got a ph 9.22 in my water any advise

newborne

Just bought a hannah ph tester and got a reading of 9.22. Any advise on what to do?? Im a first time grower and never had any experience with ph. Read online and its seems everyone gone a different method. 9.22 fuck my life... its funny i thought i didn't put enough lime in my mix, how wrong i was. thanks again on any advise

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just bought a hannah ph tester and got a reading of 9.22. Any advise on what to do?? Im a first time grower and never had any experience with ph. Read online and its seems everyone gone a different method. 9.22 fuck my life... its funny i thought i didn't put enough lime in my mix, how wrong i was. thanks again on any advise

Whoops, meant to hit the quote button! I think we need a bit more information to be of much help. Are you sure that the new pH tester is calibrated properly? I assume that it was the runoff that you measured - is that correct? What media are you in? How much lime did you add, and was it pelletized or dolomitic powdered lime? How long have the plants been in it and how old are the plants? Some details would help.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

keep reading....

we are here to help, not hold your hand.....

we are here to help, not hold your hand.....

picture.php

newborne

sorry i measured the water coming out of my tub( thats the water i use to water my plants )it was 9.22. I did calibrated my ph meter using 7.0 solution. my media runoff was 7.5 i know its high but i can work with that. I was just wondering whats the best way to get my water under 7. As far as my plants there 4 weeks veg and i use 1 cup lime per 10 gallons of media.

Soil....coco....?????

Ph you water after you add your nutrients....5.6 to 6.0 works best for me...I use happy frog...3 gal grow bags....my runoff is 6.3 to 6.5...

I use the hana with the prob....I use it every day....checking and rechecking....one you us it....it becomes a part of your everyday work in your garden.

I just purchased myself some

Advanced Nutrients pH UP

and WHOA.. this shit is SUPER STRONG, dont need alot.

took my 80 gallon res from 5 pH to 6 ph with 12ml only.

Zdub7k

Get a R.O. filter..pure water club is where I got mine, I went with the aqua reef 150 for $122 delivered...water comes out at 6.5... seriously the best advice for a new grower is to use a R.O. filter...you wont regret it. For now, head to the local grow shop and pic up some PH down...you might want to buy the big bottle..

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Nutes will lower pH. pH Down will take it the rest of the way. Avoid all kitchen products except for emergencies, they'll last just long enough to get to the store and back with legitimate pH control. I use Advanced Nutrient's pH Down. General Hydroponics version is little better than vinegar which is 1/2 step up from useless.