What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinkin bout goin vert? Here's what you might need

lowlow

Thanks marlo for all your good tips, I'm making my own verts in a triangular cupboard ( get it for 20$ ) with a home made leds grow light.. I'm validating the technic, maybe i'll do a grow diaries to have advices from the community..

GreenPride

Stallion1027

This thread is absolutely amazing! Thanks Marlo and all the contributors for all the great information on this subject. I have finally made up my mind to switch to vert Wooohooo!!

cuba

Greetings for the first time!

Greetings for the first time!

I just have to say first that I'm so happy to be here with you. I feel an enormous respect for the gods of growing who selflessly share their knowledge.
I'm starting very soon with the vertical Coliseum grow. I have a Dual Cool-Tube Extra Long 4.7 x 31.5. My question is, can i grow on two levels - two rows of pots?
It's 5 gal air pots.
Also, can i grow auto flower strains like that?
Any suggestions on strains?

Thank's
:bow:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey marlo, you got a link to where you can pick up a bag of the premixed amendments? ive got a buddy who is all about organics and i think he would love the idea of this.

SMS65

This thread is awesome. I was just wondering if this could be done and I stumbled upon this thread. Maybe I was destined to read this. :) haha

Nancee

Wow just when you thought things couldn't get more complicated!
Unreal guys you guys could get a plant to do anything! Do you have bonzais as well? I th think you'd be very good at it.

Robbie vapez

Unreal thread.
I have been out of the game for 5 years and was toying with vert growing when I had to stop. I am about to start again and I will have to consider this

St. Phatty

Never done a vert.

Is there a special socket you can use so the weight of the bulb isn't supported by the electrical cord ?

packerfan79

Veteran
Never done a vert.

Is there a special socket you can use so the weight of the bulb isn't supported by the electrical cord ?

I used old cooltubes, I broke the glass. I have also used mogul socket I got off Amazon just hung from the cord. Never had a problem, other than melting a polyester hoodie. I was in a hurry and didn't raise the lights.