What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pro mix

G

Guest3498

not saying that what vado and forbidden said is not true, but i have found that for my set-up(promix bx myco and EWC) when i hit the 6.3-6.5 range i was doing a lot better than when i was going 6.0. just some food for thought.

If you are using amended promix to make a soil mix that's true. I use it as a soilless medium with bottled nutrients, and for that have always found 6.0 to be best. All in all, it's a very versatile medium!

C

chefro420

If you are using amended promix to make a soil mix that's true. I use it as a soilless medium with bottled nutrients, and for that have always found 6.0 to be best. All in all, it's a very versatile medium!

Exactly, amended pro-mix is treated like soil, ph around 6.5, unamended promix is best at 5.8-6.0 . I run 5.8 with unamended promix hp and h@g hydroflakes

Chem&M

That makes all the sense in the world now. I use the ammended version. 6.5 and I'm fine.

Thanks for pointing that out. It was racking my brain why our PH's were so diff.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Chem i may be wrong but i believe what chefro was refering to by amended was blood,bone,kelp and other goodies "in" the mix

damn promix hp is some good shit just bought my first bag on friday and got some plants xplanted into it....used promix hp with 20% EWC and 10% perlite....love the texture...sure theres some sticks but maybe 3-5 in 58qts i made up

C

chefro420

right next to my house bro lol and to think i will have 4x this amount real soon

this year they will all be inside tho bc we had a crazy rain storm that blew my tarps off and half of my bricks got water logged NOT FUN!!!

promix and wormcasting is all you need to get them started real nice.

The real question is what does a guy tell the dude whos delivering 480 bricks hahah

Need to upgrade bro , this is how i grow!
MEGA BALE
http://www.premierhort.com/eProMix/.../GrowingMediumTM/CustomBlend/fCustomBlend.htm

C

chefro420

Kidding..

Maybe you could save some dough with one of those bales? Was a few smaller too. You could get the mega bail , and chip of 10 cu/ft at a time as needed....

whodair

Veteran
Whodair.....hows it hangin bra?you should toss up yo ingredients you like in your PM to reuse brudda!Be perty cool if we could turn this thing into a "pro mix growin" thread.

What do ya like to add as time goes by back into your mix?

Pro Mix and gh nutes
Pro Mix and pbp nutes
Pro Mix with added amendments (2 different mixes)

are the runs i'm doin wit PM......i like dis shit!

yup ive done all of the above i believe, my promix gave way to bcuzz brand i prefer the texture its fine grade and less visible sticks...but im sure theres still promix in my bin/pots all tossed together

i toss dolomite like a colombian drug lord, fuckin gangster with that shit !! also compost or worm cast (same thing?), which is locally sourced from a hot nerdy chick reformed stripper...she quit when a monger penetrated her thru his bike shorts !! and enough perlite to toss that added shit nice and fluffy...

Gearing up with the good stuff...

attachment.php

the perfect makings for a pile of sticky !!

right next to my house bro lol and to think i will have 4x this amount real soon

this year they will all be inside tho bc we had a crazy rain storm that blew my tarps off and half of my bricks got water logged NOT FUN!!!

promix and wormcasting is all you need to get them started real nice.

The real question is what does a guy tell the dude whos delivering 480 bricks hahah

i never see you with a partner aero g, thats fuckin scary...you're a beast !!!

PH 6.0 in promix

6.0 works best for me.

god damn i've never ph'd promix, i'm a primitive ape or something ... i just keep them well lit and well ventilated, watch for deficiences and keep the feedings light and let that shit buffer itself !!

i also prefer to run promix drier for improved bud swell as the roots expand in their search, and not all soggy sad sacks ...

heres the DD@72 and swelling, shes been getting plain water for a few weeks and she wont ever see another sip !! they glow in the dark, bright white it's fuckin rad !!

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just picked up my bail of BX today with a bag of chunky perilite $40 for the BX &$17 for the perilite . gonna use the Lucas method with Maxi bloom 1tsp /1 gallon & do a side by side with my Hempys on the same nutes to see if theres a big difference . the only other thing i'm adding are some mosquito dunks so no root aphids pop up like they have a habbit of doing around here.
but if the promix works out like i'm hoping it should be cheaper for me to use than the per/verm mix in my hempys . will see in a few months .

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys .... quick couple of questions . promix bx with 25% chunky perilte nothing else . what would the nute feeding schedule be ? feed ...water ...feed or feed eveytime ?
transplanting freshly rooted clones ..... just ph'd water for the first week then lightly feed ?
nutes are Maxibloom (lucas ) 1tsp per gallon from start to finish . & calmag cuz i'm running RO water.

baconator

I am about to use some Pro-Mix HP for the first time. I was told that the PH out of the bag can vary, and to adjust it before use. I was told by a friend to condition the soil out of the bag. It says on the label to moisten the medium before you transplant. How moist? What PH should the water be that I moisten the Pro-Mix with? I was told to lets it sit and moisten for 24 hours before I transplant anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mg75

I am about to use some Pro-Mix HP for the first time. I was told that the PH out of the bag can vary, and to adjust it before use. I was told by a friend to condition the soil out of the bag. It says on the label to moisten the medium before you transplant. How moist? What PH should the water be that I moisten the Pro-Mix with? I was told to lets it sit and moisten for 24 hours before I transplant anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

never has to flush promix, but if you have to...

fill the pot and run about 4 times the size with water. so if it is a 3 gallon pot, run 12 gallons of tap or RO water through it. if you like, check the PH and PPMs just to make sure. it should be close to your water source. after the "flush" you can plant and re-water with a nutrient mixture. i always soak the medium on transplant so its ok if its very wet.

baconator

I'm not talking about flushing the pro-mix. It say on the packaging that I shouldn't use it out of the bag, I should moisten(condition) it. What I want to know is..... Is the PH of the Pro-mix consistent out of the bag? What should I do to my pro-mix before using it? If I am moistening the Pro-Mix, what should the PH of the water be? Do I need to let it sit for 24 hours after I moisten it, as suggested to me? I want to say that I am going to be using straight....

TACOE

What stage are you at? Seed? seedling? veg?.. feeding; Organic? amended mix? bottled nutes?

Wet it mix it, wet it, mix it, etc. so that it is damp but when you squeeze it in ur hand it isn't dripping.

I'm sure it can vary, but i wouldn't worry. It has Dolimite Lime in it already to balance the pH.

Don't worry about the pH of the water when you are just wetting. This is a pretty small step

You do not need to let it sit after wetting. It is ready immediately.

baconator

I am cutting down the next crop here in a week. When they come down I am transplanting plants that are fully rooted in quart size containers into the 3.4gal airpots that the existing plants are in. This time i want to use straight prox-mix with a layer of perlite at the bottom for drainage. I have had PH issues in the past and I am trying to avoid any further issues. This time I am going to try something new that a very reliable friend suggested that would be a guaranteed success:

botanicare for soil bloom at recommended rate
hyproplex starting at 2 ml week 4 of 12/12 and increasing 1 ml per week
liquid karma at 50-75% recommended rate
botanicare sweet starting at week 3 or 4
1 dose of big bud at week 3

only sweet the last 10-14 days in soil ! sweet is a flushing agent

Before I was using RO water but recently decided due to the PH to bypass the RO and just run it through a sediment block, 2 carbon blocks, and a chloramine filter. I live in a area with chloramine in the water, but besides that the water quality is good in Colorado. Before I was having to adjust the PH of my water way too much with PH up. I am trying to not have to adjust my PH at all, I think using the up and down is what gave me lockouts last time.

Latest posts

Latest posts