What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do your pets chomp on your plants?

zeke99

I have two cats and one of them eats some plants, but not pot plants so sometimes it's ok if he follows me into the grow room.

However, I have caught him staring at the HPS and no longer let him get into that room on his own. If it's bad for my eyes, it's got to be bad for his.

oldhaole

Veteran
Not just chomp...

Not just chomp...

I have ten dogs. Not only do a couple like to eat the leaves, My alpha male likes to wander around the garden marking wherever he pleases.....

And not's even mention the shit....No lets....My guess is they don't like the grass tickling their ass while in the act, But every single damn one wanders out in the AM and hides a ripe turd (land mine) somewhere in the dirt....

But they do a damn good job of keeping 2 legged pests away, So the trade off is even.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
My greenhouse was off my bedroom window and it would be full of plants and all I could see and hear would be one of the plants shaking and rustling as she'd chew on a few of the bottom leaves.. It always brought a smile to my face..

DaPurps

I have two cats and one of them eats some plants, but not pot plants so sometimes it's ok if he follows me into the grow room.

However, I have caught him staring at the HPS and no longer let him get into that room on his own. If it's bad for my eyes, it's got to be bad for his.

My cat also likes to bask in the HPS light for some reason. I try not to let him.

Amber Trich

my fat cat LOVES to eat pot leaves..

shes not allowed in the actual garden but when we trim she gets all the fan leaves she can eat since we trash them anyway.

a friend's dog loves pot leaves too but he pukes them every time.

they dont seem to like to eat the resinous leaves though.. too volatile I think.

My big female cat only chomps if she doesn't have other kinds of grass to chomp. Everyone else takes small nibbles here and there. Doesn't hurt too much. We try to keep them away from the clones. Sometimes the big female things the cloners are nice big boxes so she can stretch out and lay in the sun. We've worked to correct THAT habit, though, and she doesn't do it as much anymore.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
my buddies pit will eat only certain strains its really funny... he wont touch the stinky chemsour but he will maul on ak all day

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
mine eat the hell out of my plants i designated two plants as the "eating grounds" where they can destroy them if they want... but usually theyll just eat some fan leaves....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
shit if myne did the would be in a compost pile turnin into plant food. no pets near the grow just bring probs.

But mostly if your pets are outdoor/indoor. Ours are indoor-only and we are VERY strict about keeping them inside. Growers can't afford for their pets to go outside and come back in without whatever hanging off them.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
my dog and myt friends dogs all love MJ branches, they dont like the leaves or buds, but they love the branches, my dog actually prefers MJ branches over some doggy treats....i can get him to do tricks for branches...lol

he doesnt just chew them up, he actually eats most of it...i tried to give him a huge stick with buds on it and he was confused, lol...he just spit it out..lol

woolybear

Veteran
i look forward to the day, soon where i can offer my best friend a mj stick to chew on... think about it, mj is close to hemp, hemp is a very chewable substance for dogs I think... back on over rover, see what jimmy can whatever lol.... happy christmas motherfoes'

mosstrooper

If i was slouched on the sofa with a neat weed joint in my mounth, my cat would often run up and steal the joint if it was out and just hanging there.

Both my dogs like to chew weed leaves too, i think animals just self medicate when the opportunity presents itself.

supermanlives

Veteran
i once had a cat that eat my weed and pooped in the 5 gal pots. i had to eventually make cages for my plants . cat piss really fucks up plants in containers.and they seem to like soil over their cat litter boxes. FWIW i dont own any cats anymore

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Everyday when I open the box one of the cats and my poodle come to help me and eat leaves if I let them. What I did do was grow wheat in the box with the lights and give that to the cats and dogs, They love it and leave the wife's house plants alone too. I rotate pots of wheat so its always fresh so to speak.

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
if my pets chommpped on my plantz..............I'd have to chommpp......on my petz..................:thank you:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
My boys would never dare to eat my plants.... -=[

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts