What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My new vert Setup

D

DonkDBZ

Well had to break down my wonderful sealed/ac room in my garage. Due to family bugging. So to keep my fun going I built a 5X5 room. Wife was kinda pissy about the size but I told her if I got to buy herb she is gonna be limited to an 1/8 week. Instant i get my way.

D

DonkDBZ

Ok for my room

5' deep 5'3"wide 8' tall
gonna run one 600watt digital bare bulb

intake is 3 8" ducts run off custom filter box I made.
filter is 10"x25" one from home depot actually filer area is 9x23
so that gives me 200inches of intake on filter and 150inches on duct.

Exhaust is 8" valueline 750cfm blowing into a can filter

My goal is 6 girls 4oz's each they are gonna be hand watered on my homemade lazy susan.

My girls are 4 Jock Horrors and 2 C-99's in 4gallon coco. Right now they are in my old veg room.

How much taller before I flip? to get my 4 oz goal? I am gonna make my screen and move em to finish vegging vertically here in a couple days.

Will vegging with my 600watt hps be ok? I would like to keep using my 400w cmh but it's horizotal only

labtec

Looking good donkdbz. What strain are you using? Do you know how much she stretches after you flip?

hey Bonk looks good. hahaha i should tell the wife shes down to an 1/8 a week she might jus kill me. lol
good luck bro.

D

DonkDBZ

My Jock Horror will stretch to 150% and the C-99 about the same. Both go around 7-8 weeks with no. I will be dropping this C-99 pheno after this run. She is great yielder but does not have the taste or kick in the pants my other C-99 pheno does.

The girls were just transplanted from 5"square pots(1/2 gallon) to the 4 gallons yesterday.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Awesome DIY lazy susan! Let us know how it works. Any trouble w/balance or keeping it centered?
Stay safe n high :pimp3:

judas cohen

^^^^ What Vintner said. Also, are those inverted casters swivel type, or fixed?

The 600 HPS will work for veg. Maybe buy a vert 400 CMH down the road and do a perpetual harvest.....

Subscribed. GL on your grow. :thumbsup:

D

DonkDBZ

No problems keeping it balanced. I added some 2x4 pieces to make it 4'8" round now. The casters are swivel type rated at 88lbs each. I had em from my old room. Too keep it close to center I added

It spins pretty good but I would not put too much weight on it cause I used some crappy osb board for the base. If I needed mor heavy duty I would also through some supports under the 2x4's since they span 5'

I put the girls in there tonight.

I stapled strips of cardboard shims all over the place cause the suction from the fan was makeing the poly suck in way too much add pulling the duct tape from the wall. I clauked all the cracks but cause I used osb board for the walls air sucks through the wood unlike mdf or drywall.

Since I the majority of the wood, screws on so on room cost less the a 100bucks. Most expensive part was poly, 3 sheets osb and decent duct tape.

My next things to do is add a better fan or another one for my air moving around the pants. I might need a cool tube depend on what the high temps are in the next couple of days. I will try and trade one of my super sun 2's for one.

And of course gonna make some custom scrog screens from old pvc parts

labtec

Wow your setup rocks.I like the price bigtime. Sweet idea on the lazy susan plant rotator. I need to make something like this for my chambers.
Those plants look awesome for vert because they have tons of tops.
What are the temps on the outside of the grow chamber. If you get a cooltube, you should get two and run two 600s. With 8ft you're still going to have plenty of room underneath and on top, and you could just up the pot size and still run 6 plants.hehe sorry I'm just dreaming. I've been lucky enough to not need cool tubes because the temp outside the chambers was low(64ish)
keep us updated

Relentless

Veteran
whats the point of moving the plants? i would think since the light is vertical the plants should be getting the same amount of light... no?

sneakinman13

Veteran
whats the point of moving the plants? i would think since the light is vertical the plants should be getting the same amount of light... no?

because its gonna be super fun to just go in there and spin that baby around to look at his own plants!!! ha

D

DonkDBZ

Well since I am hand watering I cannot reach all the way in the back for one. My door to access the room is 30"wide by 6' tall. 2nd I am making some scrog screens and if you cannot reach the plant to train em the screens would be point less and for the final reason is I have 2 strains so being able to move each plant as it stretches is very nice.

D

DonkDBZ

Well my drain buckets and screens are done and in place.

Now its time to fill the screen and flip

solarz

Donk, where are you drain buckets draining to? Just wondering, since you spin all of the girls, it would be a bitch to have tubing connected to them with all that spinning...

solarz

D

DonkDBZ

I am only having a lil run off that I will just let sit in bottom bucket. If I need to flush or gonna have too much runoff. I will use.

1/2" female to hose bib. I can screw on as needed.

Latest posts

Latest posts