What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Royale, Chem '91, Capstone and Super Lemon Haze - Outdoor Roof Top DWC!

Crazy Chester

We are about 10.5 hours of daylight were I'm at. Two months from now, it will be around 12.5. I figured, why not replace these mother plants with freshly rooted clones and see how they flower?

I put them in a day ago - luckily it's been only mild breezes. Temps dip into the 40's overnight and the reservoir was about 48 degrees F - so, I put in a fish-tank heater, which has kept the res temp around 70 F. It's a 25 gallon reservoir and I've got it filled with about 15 gallons and am running GH nutrients 5 ml micro and 10 ml bloom.

Plants look happy (from left to right, Super Lemon Haze, MAC, Capstone, Lemon Royale and Chem '91:

picture.php

Crazy Chester

Hi KiefRichards - thanks for stopping by!

Thats Crazy CC! I love it! Here in Finland we have nice -20c/-4f morning temp hahah

Well, like the old warning says: don't try this at home!

Actually, you could probably pull it off in a passive geothermal greenhouse - there's a guy on youtube who does that and actually grows oranges in Nebraska, USA in the winter!

eyesdownchronic

We are about 10.5 hours of daylight were I'm at. Two months from now, it will be around 12.5. I figured, why not replace these mother plants with freshly rooted clones and see how they flower?

I put them in a day ago - luckily it's been only mild breezes. Temps dip into the 40's overnight and the reservoir was about 48 degrees F - so, I put in a fish-tank heater, which has kept the res temp around 70 F. It's a 25 gallon reservoir and I've got it filled with about 15 gallons and am running GH nutrients 5 ml micro and 10 ml bloom.

Plants look happy (from left to right, Super Lemon Haze, MAC, Capstone, Lemon Royale and Chem '91:

View Image

thats awesome!

Crazy Chester

It's challenging up here!

It's challenging up here!

About a week into my rooftop DWC, I checked on the plants and found the air pump was not working. When I opened the planter up I saw the roots on some of the plants had started rotting. On top of all that, they went through a rough rain storm with high winds. Well, I removed the rotting roots and treated the rest and replaced the air pump. Then, I put them back into the planters. A couple days later (today) I see slight new growth on some of them - I also was greeted with MAC taken totally out of her hole and laying on the rooftop beside the planter! Some animal was getting in there, probably this morning, because she had not yet wilted. In any event, I think the challenges of their first week will lessen the flowering stretch I was expecting and - if they fully recover - yield will not be as great. They've basically lost a week of growth:

picture.php

Crazy Chester

I didn't take a pic of it, but the plants deteriorated within a week of that last pic to a point beyond which I've never seen a plant survive. I gave up on the grow. I unplugged the air pump and heater and just left it there to re-visit in a couple months to break down, clean and stash the tub, etc. So, that day came (today) and I found this:

20210503_092343.jpg

All plants on the corners were dead - as expected - but, Capstone in the middle was alive!

I heard the air pump running and realized I had unplugged something else by mistake and just thought I had unplugged it.

I harvested the Capstone, which was ripe and beautifully resinated! She was just starting to push out new pistols - maybe started about a week ago trying to re-veg in the increasing daylight hours of Spring.

She's tiny - she only stretches about 50% and was small when I put her out - but she finished heavy with bud!

20210503_092354.jpg

All I had to do to make her shine was to ignore her completely for 2 1/2 months!

Crazy Chester

I just got a cut of this.. would love to see a full report on the buds!

Hi hyposomniac! It's got a nice strong smell. In my opinion, it smells like they say it does: ripe stonefruit - plums, apricots, peaches, etc. The taste is more a tart one rather than sweet. It's a good sativa dominant type high. Fairly functional during the day - just nice and happy. She's got dense buds too!

Latest posts

Latest posts