What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Week 7 Flower, need feedback please

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Should be fine giving them nutes at 30%, then gradually increase to full strength or just under full strength. Also any way of increasing airflow, even if it's just unzipping a flap or rolling up the ducts to breath will help cool temperatures if they seem warm and allowing the plants to exchange tent air for fresh will cut down on the chance of Mold developing.

Good Luck!

Should be fine giving them nutes at 30%, then gradually increase to full strength or just under full strength. Also any way of increasing airflow, even if it's just unzipping a flap or rolling up the ducts to breath will help cool temperatures if they seem warm and allowing the plants to exchange tent air for fresh will cut down on the chance of Mold developing.

Good Luck!

I'm using gh 3 part nutes, should I use Lucas formula?

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Even GH's feeding chart has you using very little of the Flora Grow during bloom, so definitely consider using the Lucas Formula for the remainder of this run, and throughout next time. One less thing to mix is one less thing to buy.

v1ru5

I used Lucas Formula for 14 years with great success.

Although I was lazy and didn't actually mix it exactly as it should have been mixed, coz I never had a calculator or a phone handy, and my stoner brain could only think 2ml bloom and 1ml micro per litre of water (this is not the correct measurement. its 2.something and 1.something.) :D

But for 14 years it worked fine :D (then I had an accident. Haven't been growing for a few years now. Only getting back into the saddle in the coming month/months)

Just my 2 cents.

Have a good one

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I don't think i would switch to lucas at week 7 ..... I would follow the advice you were given here and just ride it out. I agree with backing off the nutes but get some calcium and magnesium into the mix.
not sure i would foilar anything at this point.

Next run, drop the GH 3 part method and just run Lucas.
For your set up you will be looking at 6ml Flora Micro and 9ml Flora Bloom Per Gallon of rez. For your set up , if the PH is swinging up start at 5.2..... you will be looking at 5.8 as the target 'High' and 5.2 as the target Low.
products to have on hand would be GH Calimagic , epsom salts, kool bloom powder for finishing. Koolbloom is added for the 2 weeks before the flush starts.... so on a 10 week strain the koolbloom powder is added at 1/8tth tspn per gallon with nutes in week 7 and then 1/4 tspn per gallon in week 8. I give them a hit of calimagic and black strap molasses in week 9 and straight water week 10.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO, you're at week 7, so you should be winding down with nutes, depending upon the strain you're running. No foliar sprays at this point. They look damn near ready to me. Secondly, the first thing I would have done is check the ph and ec of your res. That's crucial. No way in hell I could have gotten to week 7 without ph/ec meters(I run DTW). Anyway, that reading will tell you what you need to know. Also, check the temp of your res. That water could be too warm.

I don't think i would switch to lucas at week 7 ..... I would follow the advice you were given here and just ride it out. I agree with backing off the nutes but get some calcium and magnesium into the mix.
not sure i would foilar anything at this point.

Next run, drop the GH 3 part method and just run Lucas.
For your set up you will be looking at 6ml Flora Micro and 9ml Flora Bloom Per Gallon of rez. For your set up , if the PH is swinging up start at 5.2..... you will be looking at 5.8 as the target 'High' and 5.2 as the target Low.
products to have on hand would be GH Calimagic , epsom salts, kool bloom powder for finishing. Koolbloom is added for the 2 weeks before the flush starts.... so on a 10 week strain the koolbloom powder is added at 1/8tth tspn per gallon with nutes in week 7 and then 1/4 tspn per gallon in week 8. I give them a hit of calimagic and black strap molasses in week 9 and straight water week 10.

The only calmag product I have right now is calmag from biobizz.. would that be ok to run ?

And yes I think next grow I'm gonna use other nutrients

IMO, you're at week 7, so you should be winding down with nutes, depending upon the strain you're running. No foliar sprays at this point. They look damn near ready to me. Secondly, the first thing I would have done is check the ph and ec of your res. That's crucial. No way in hell I could have gotten to week 7 without ph/ec meters(I run DTW). Anyway, that reading will tell you what you need to know. Also, check the temp of your res. That water could be too warm.

I use a ph meter, I'm just not using an EC meter... The water is allways cool as far as I know, i also have some towels over the res to prevent heat and light leaks

Shit, i was just now in my tent and i noticed in a corner of the tent all the buds are getting mold?

I don't know what to do..

Should I cut out all the branches with mold? I'm afraid it will spread to the rest of the plant..

In that corner the plants were also too crowded, falling on top of each other, im guessing that's what caused the mold

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-50-21-046_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-50-21-046_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 27
  • picture6
    picture6
    78.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-50-05-256_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-50-05-256_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-55-574_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-55-574_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-48-868_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-48-868_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-42-634_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-42-634_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-31-754_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-49-31-754_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-48-56-006_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-12-13-48-56-006_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 34

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Yikes!! Mold is not good. Remove all affected branches and tops. You probably need to improve air circulation and lower the humidity, especially during the plants dark/night phase. Make sure they aren't "Sweating" your tent. By that I mean giving off enough moisture through transpiration during dark hours to have condensation occur on the walls of your grow space. If it's sweating you should run a dehumidifier in the room.

Removing fan leaves will also improve air flow.

Northernhemis

Looks like you have some time still on those yes ? i would say get the ph at exact 6,5 ! use ph down and up and measure that bitch as a motherfuckerzzzzzz . Youve got loads of "firepower" with those lamps running simoltaineusly or how its spelled! be dead on point with the ph and nutritions sometimes a little less ca be better in the tanks . it all depends on what your after i like harder more rough plants instead of silksmoth babycheeksoft plants . but thats just me i like margarine instead of butter on my sandwitches for example . hope its going fine and steady ( just try to remember smoke that youve liked before and try to replicate it ) / PR North Sweden

Northernhemis

dead on point 6.5 its silly really but the difference is remarkable keep temps around 25-27 even chillier if it wont build a fat head moisture and the sickest of all a friggin co2 reactor goddamnit i just say it goddamnit it friggin works goddamnit . Over n Out

bigbadbillybob

a thermometer with relative humidity readout is a basic necessity, you will have spent more on electric in a day than it would cost to buy one.
im imagining your heat will be off the charts with 1450 watts of hps in a 1.5 tent.