What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Gold #2 - A5 Haze Breeding (+ others)

browntrout

Veteran
Hello all,

I've got a fun project I'm working on. I'm not exactly sure this breeding log /diary belongs in this forum. The goal of this project is to hopefully severely reduce the flowering time of my strains and especially to see if we can pass on some semi auto traits to Haze/sativa hybrids. At this point I may be able to work the lines outdoors in my climate and hopefully steer it into an semi-auto early Haze. To me the semi-auto strains are far better breeding candidates than autos.

HOWEVER here's the scoop.

I've got 12x Guerilla Gold #2's with 11 females and 1 male, Thankfully the male is almost exactly what I'm looking for.

He's just a lot horny and want's to flower at the first sign of rootbind or lighting schedule below 22hrs. I was able to bring him around with some hormones, transplant and 24hrs. The flippier females came around at 20.5/3.5 with transplant/hormones. He's got nice branching and a stem that smells strongly of mint/pine.

Here is a list of females:

1x A5 Haze s1
1x BA#75 (Bandaid / A5 Haze)
2x Panama Regs (ACE)
2x Killer A5 Haze
1x Nevilles Haze (GHS)
11x Guerilla Gold #2
6?x Guerilla Gold #3
2x Hashplant (Outdoor bred semi-auto) x Blueberry Sativa
2x Garberville Purple Kush/Dosidos x Blueberry Sativa
1x Original Amnesia (Sativa/haze Pheno) x Blueberry Sativa
2x Shiskaberry x Blueberry Sativa
2x Shiskaberry pure
1x Legendary Punch
1x Birthday Funk
2x Original Glue S1
3x LAX (LA Confidential x ????) - (likely GPK/Dosidos Herm from bud run)
1x master kush clone

Room Specs:
4'x8' tent
1x6" intake fan
1x6" Outlet fan
Some box fans
1x 1000W Air Cooled hood w/ HPS
2x Mars Hydro Ts1000 LED's

Nutrients:
Typically float between Iguana Juice (AN) & FloraNova with additives and Cal/Mag, Epsom salts, Recharge as required. Grown in Sunshine #4 soil, no amendments other than Myco.

The plants have gotten over sized, I faced some challenges with these LEDs, took some major tweaking to get the plants healthy under these. So the plants were hacked back and topped multiple times.

I hacked the A5 and hybrids along with the Panamas down to almost nothing in preparation for flowering.

The A5 S1 and BA#75 are about as finicky as it gets, I expected Nitrogen Toxicity and tip burn but haven't really got that. More chlorosis and slightly twisted tips with intermittent yellowing depending on the day. I have no idea what they want, but they'll keep getting the same treatment for now i guess. I see no signs of them wanting less nutrients. Any tips would be appreciated.

Currently we are on day 2 of flower!

browntrout

Veteran
Also how much does a fella have to donate here to get pictures rotated properly. Tired of cropping pictures.

Jan 15. After defoliation and topping
picture.php

Today:
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
My only concern is wether the horny GG2 male is going to keep pollen alive long enough to get some decent seed out of the haze hybrids. I’ve never had to worry about this much before. Perhaps I’ll try to target a lower humidity. Does anyone have any input or tips on this? I’ve never cared to log when I’m stopping getting pollen from a male.

TheDarkStorm

Hey sounds like a intresting project. In my experience with the hazes your growing indoors they tend to like more blue in the spectrum, you'll find they grow alot healther looking.

browntrout

Veteran
Hey sounds like a intresting project. In my experience with the hazes your growing indoors they tend to like more blue in the spectrum, you'll find they grow alot healther looking.

I just switched the bulb from hortilux MH and that’s where the issues were seen, I think they hate the LEDs tbh. The killer A5 haze grows much better than the A5 S1 and BA#75. They also look a lot different too.

Stinkhorn123

Cool project Browntrout! I’ve been growing gg3 crosses for years outdoors. The best results I had came from reversing clones and hitting up a specifically chosen female gg3. I’m Stoked to see what comes of this.

browntrout

Veteran
Should be some fun in the seeds you get from this little diddy!!

Here's hoping !

Cool project Browntrout! I’ve been growing gg3 crosses for years outdoors. The best results I had came from reversing clones and hitting up a specifically chosen female gg3. I’m Stoked to see what comes of this.

When does she finish outdoors for you? Fem Guerilla beans.. makes guerilla gardens a lot easier doesn't it?

Have you grown GG2?

browntrout

Veteran
The growth rate is pretty insane right now, coupled with the stretch of flowering I decide to do some defoliation and top the sativas. The GG2’s are growing like fuck especially, last defoliation I left a bit too much on them and they quite enjoyed it.

I always overload my tent like an idiot, but I was hoping for 5-6 males from GG2, just didn’t work out that way.

picture.php

picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are there vendors still selling Guerilla Gold? The seeds I got from Greens years ago aren't viable anymore.

browntrout

Veteran
Are there vendors still selling Guerilla Gold? The seeds I got from Greens years ago aren't viable anymore.

Got mine from Real gorilla seeds, the #3 I had 7/12 seeds germed, but took weeks for some and very old seed/slow growth at first for the most part. A buddy got 0/12 couple years back.

#2 a little slow to germ but 12/12.

From my understanding they came via Highrise seeds to RGS. I could be wrong.

djonkoman

Veteran

yes, I know of 3 different ones selling guerilla gold currently.
RGS has both #2 and #3
hfh has #1
LBH has an unnumbered/unspecified guerilla gold

Stinkhorn123

Here's hoping !

When does she finish outdoors for you? Fem Guerilla beans.. makes guerilla gardens a lot easier doesn't it?

Have you grown GG2?

The gg3 I was growing came from a friend that grew it for 3 or 4 seasons before I received it. It finished from mid to late September but I know he selected away from the smaller, earlier types. He mainly grew it in the corn so that definitely influenced his selections.

The fem guerilla beans were great, I wish I still had some. I was using CS to reverse the clones and though most plants would reverse I never did end up with much viable pollen, probably user error. My favorite was gg3x Mental Floss. The gg3 behaved great in crosses, shaved a few weeks off the finish and added good mold resistance. I don’t know if it was the 1 to 1 fem matings or what but almost all the crosses had remarkably consistent finishing times which really was helpful in guerilla grows. I never grew the gg2.

browntrout

Veteran
The gg3 I was growing came from a friend that grew it for 3 or 4 seasons before I received it. It finished from mid to late September but I know he selected away from the smaller, earlier types. He mainly grew it in the corn so that definitely influenced his selections.

The fem guerilla beans were great, I wish I still had some. I was using CS to reverse the clones and though most plants would reverse I never did end up with much viable pollen, probably user error. My favorite was gg3x Mental Floss. The gg3 behaved great in crosses, shaved a few weeks off the finish and added good mold resistance. I don’t know if it was the 1 to 1 fem matings or what but almost all the crosses had remarkably consistent finishing times which really was helpful in guerilla grows. I never grew the gg2.

Some good info, thanks for sharing. At this point the GG2 seems like the more attractive breeder for me. More vigorous, stronger branching and real semi-auto traits will be good for these later flowering plants.

Problem is where I live a good albeit rare year will take you into early October before frost or overly excessive humidity. Most years hurricane force winds or remnants of a hurricane, frost and major rainfall all before October. Sometimes early September.

Plants that finish in the summer sun always seem to be much nicer and fuller.

browntrout

Veteran
Day 10 of Flower, switched to a 11.5/12.5 light cycle on day 7, mainly to induce flower quicker on the sativas. Will be time for bloom nutrients on next water. Temps 20-24c and humidity 50-65%

picture.php

GG#2 male
picture.php

GG#2’s
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Here we are on Day 31, had some photos sent to me while I’m away. Either BA#75 or A5 S1 seems to have shot up and bent over. Other than that looking swell.

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
1st photo A5S1 left, Bandaid x A5 right

2nd photo super loud grape berry Shiskaberry

3rd photo KA5H’s

Attachments

• 712B6F7A-1612-4B1F-B860-A49EA5160172.jpeg
    712B6F7A-1612-4B1F-B860-A49EA5160172.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 994C7B81-7EBD-4DFC-90D8-FDDF0B7DD351.jpeg
    994C7B81-7EBD-4DFC-90D8-FDDF0B7DD351.jpeg