What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Nirvana seeds still good?

curious101

I grew Nirvana back I. Early 2000’s when they were strictly regular non fems

Aurora Indica, Bubblicious, White Rhino, Ak48 and Afghan all gave me solid keepers from 1-2packs that if kept could of stood by a lot of top tier breeders... I was just learning and didn’t start taking clones til White Rhino and Aurora Indica that were kept at least 5 years til I relocated

WelderDan

Veteran
Hey Dan, ive heard that myself, but personal experience tells me otherwise. Mau worked with Wernard, and from what I heard, when Wernard sgut down his operatuon, Mau "aquired" a good majority of the genetics. Also, if indeed Nirvanas strains were just crosses of the "purple skunk" that I heard, then purple skunks phenos would be popping up in multiple strains, which did not happen to me... But, I could be wrong. Just my 2 cents... I have to keepers from old Nirvana strains, one is a Haze19 x Skunk, the other is a NL x Shiva. Both are top quality, and ive had the NLShiva for over 12 years now... Love em both.

Well, we have to take this with a grain of salt. I'm recalling a discussion from Overgrow so it's been some time. But that is my recollection. I can say for sure that I grew some good smoke from inexpensive seeds.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Bump!!

image.jpeg

Skunk #1 from Nirvana in Coco under LED + Fluorescent

igrowone

Veteran
another old nirvana seed buyer with some old nirvana seeds back from 2009
jock horror, cali-o, and ppp
jock horror gave me something ok, but I know about what uber phenos could be in there, I still have some some seeds and I'll be back
cali-o was good in that its description was very close to what I got, but the skunk genetics made me edgy
ppp - jackpot - got an extreme indica pheno, most resinous plant I've ever encountered, extremely good anxiety medicine

JockBudman

My only beef wi Nirvana now is that they've gone to fem only. I've got the maui wowie but despite a few attempts from different UK banks, no managed to score the reg northern lights. Best I could do is a pack of fems an a pack of sagarmatha nl#9 which I'll sort a bx with, but sags is no pure.

Seems to be the way of it now, everyone is going all fem which is sad for those of us that value the cheap price of regs an breeding potential.

mexweed

Veteran
premiumseedmarket for cheap regulars of older school varieties, they do have some goofy shit though like apparently Gary Payton regs, but I at some point definitely want to try their trainwreck and blueberry

they've also got NL, hashplant, white widow, ak47

Jimbean

My only beef wi Nirvana now is that they've gone to fem only. I've got the maui wowie but despite a few attempts from different UK banks, no managed to score the reg northern lights. Best I could do is a pack of fems an a pack of sagarmatha nl#9 which I'll sort a bx with, but sags is no pure.

Seems to be the way of it now, everyone is going all fem which is sad for those of us that value the cheap price of regs an breeding potential.

n-nl.jpg

They are probably up next after my current grow.
If I got some decent seeds from them and you're interested I'm happy to send you some.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the '2' jock horror seeds i planted (seeds 15yrs+ old), both sprouted, both were ladies, unfort neither was that great pheno we found years ago... still have some of those seeds left- will try em sometime in the next few grows...

Latest posts

Latest posts