What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

+20 Guerrilla

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
wish had pics of tree roots and creek
Unfortunately I don't, but here are the plants from that plot. That harvest was great btw :)

picture.php

picture.php

rod58

reminds me of a time about hmm 6-7 years ago and i had word that leo was watching one of my patches !
now it was almost harvest time and i'd planted a lot from ACE seeds for the first time , golden tiger and malawi , so i was very keen not to lose them . so come about 3am one morning i covered my number plates and set off the 15km's to retrieve what i could .
down a bush track , farm on the right and national park on the left , i drove about 5k's and parked the car on the track .
and off i set , quite moonlight and a misty drizzle so all the bush was dripping wet so it never took long for me to get the same way .. lol
getting in was quite easy , follow the faint outline of an old sandy track for maybe a k , then turn right and follow a kangaroo track for another k .
now the last approach was very stealthy , mostly on my knees , ever watchful until one by one i gently pulled all of my plants . it felt like fresh honey on the buds , so resiny .
i tied them all together and hoisted them on my shoulder , it felt like a ton , my knees wobbled but away i went .
now , in my wisdom i thought i'd cut the corner and go a different way back ! a new way ! so i followed another roo track , sometimes on my hands and knees , dragging this great pile of weed . lol .
suddenly .. this great black shape erupted right in front of me and charged straight over the top of me , knocking me to the ground and taking a fair amount of skin on it's way ..
i'd stumbled upon a sleeping kangaroo and it panicked . well i lay there for what seemed like forever , my heart was racing , it scared the shit out of me ! :D
then what happened became a lot clearer and i started laughing .. how could i ever convey this little adventure to anyone ! haha so i stumbled on , found the car , got it loaded and was home before daybreak , safe n sound !
that's what keeps people like you guys and myself doing this shit !

hamstring

Veteran
reminds me of a time about hmm 6-7 years ago and i had word that leo was watching one of my patches !
now it was almost harvest time and i'd planted a lot from ACE seeds for the first time , golden tiger and malawi , so i was very keen not to lose them . so come about 3am one morning i covered my number plates and set off the 15km's to retrieve what i could .
down a bush track , farm on the right and national park on the left , i drove about 5k's and parked the car on the track .
and off i set , quite moonlight and a misty drizzle so all the bush was dripping wet so it never took long for me to get the same way .. lol
getting in was quite easy , follow the faint outline of an old sandy track for maybe a k , then turn right and follow a kangaroo track for another k .
now the last approach was very stealthy , mostly on my knees , ever watchful until one by one i gently pulled all of my plants . it felt like fresh honey on the buds , so resiny .
i tied them all together and hoisted them on my shoulder , it felt like a ton , my knees wobbled but away i went .
now , in my wisdom i thought i'd cut the corner and go a different way back ! a new way ! so i followed another roo track , sometimes on my hands and knees , dragging this great pile of weed . lol .
suddenly .. this great black shape erupted right in front of me and charged straight over the top of me , knocking me to the ground and taking a fair amount of skin on it's way ..
i'd stumbled upon a sleeping kangaroo and it panicked . well i lay there for what seemed like forever , my heart was racing , it scared the shit out of me ! :D
then what happened became a lot clearer and i started laughing .. how could i ever convey this little adventure to anyone ! haha so i stumbled on , found the car , got it loaded and was home before daybreak , safe n sound !
that's what keeps people like you guys and myself doing this shit !

Dude, Rod great story from down under. I'm quite sure that roos can be dangerous . I cant imagine what that felt like. Here in the midwest US we dont have any large animals expect white tail deer. They can be nasty in the rut but I have never had that experience.

One other thing about that story rang true to my old ass. Carrying all that wet weight on my back. Man its always double trouble during harvest. BIG paranoia and physical exertion.

I just picked up a pack of Ace's A5 Killer Haze. Cant grow it outdoors here but look forward to putting her in my indoor garden.

hamstring

Veteran
I'm also a bow hunter, so your story resonates with me.
I had a guy walk under me once, but he was carrying a bow. "Stalking" because some people think they're fucking ninjas...
Anyways. I was only 14 so I just yelled at him and he turned a 180 and left the way he came.
Nowadays that would have gone differently...
Not because I'm a psychopath or anything, but when you've spent 4 hours in tree and anything walks under you that doesn't belong there it's frustrating on a whole new level.
These days I calmly remove my broad head and place a non lethal shot on said critter. There's very little penetration when you shoot an arrow without a point on it but I'm sure it's unpleasant.
I've seen some strange things come through the woods, but seeing another stealthy human is uniquely weird.

Thanks for reply and I really mean that. Its nice to get the perception from the other side of the bow. First thing I'd like to say is you are on the moral high ground. You own or have permission to be on the land.

I know a few bow hunters and thats where all of the respect for them comes from. Spending time in the woods picking up sheds, looking for deer signs, putting up trail cams and checking on them, clearing a spot so you can put up your tree stand and get a clear shot. Any small brush can change the direction of the arrow.Sitting silent for hrs early in the morning or dusk. Its hard work.

Bow hunters are experts at finding and hunting deer.

Latest posts

Latest posts