What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Skittles Advanced Seeds

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys, im a new grower, here is the link for my diary.
I started with autos, and i have some questions for you gurus of the auto world.
My setup is a micro cabinet 70cmx30x60 and its powered by 6x 9w 720lm cap off 3x 27k 3x 65k
picture.php

My girl on the right is delayed.
In the first 4 days of her life i was having little light to grow, so she stalled and didnt show signs of lack of light besides the 0 growth
She is now of her 13rd day since she sprouted, but she only start really growing when i added more light and now she looks like this on 20/4 light schedule
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
The first pair of leaves is mechanically damaged if i can say it like this, it doesnt move according to the light, its always in the same dropped position, but the second pair moves normally acording the light dark cycle
So a couple of questions
My luxmetter app read 10k lux at 30cm from the lights, it is good low or high in your opinion?

It has 11 litres of light mix biobizz soil in that cat litter 10cm height 50cm long, opinions on when should i start feed her?i have calmag, grow, bloom also from biobizz. And do you think that her colour is her stabilizing before getting the natural green or is she already showing a lack of anything?

I know she is delayed, but by your experience, is she a lot delayed, or not so much?

The temps and humidity have been on point an average of 25/26c lights on 23 25c lights off and rh 55 to 65% lights on and off.

Any sugestions to a new grower with autos?

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Also on the other side of the pot, since i was affraid that my plant would not develop and because being high i seeded another autoskittles on the other side and it sprouted yesterday and the difference for the bigger one in the second day is just like wow
This is the new born today
picture.php

picture.php

And this is the bigger one when she was lacking light on the 4th day of low light
picture.php

G

Hello mate!

Nice and clean setup there!
I would suggest keeping your soil a tad wetter (will also help with humidity that should be a bit higher at this stage).
1 ml/lt of biogrow woulf be cool now.
Also some foliar with cal mag.

Good luck!

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hello mate!

Nice and clean setup there!
I would suggest keeping your soil a tad wetter (will also help with humidity that should be a bit higher at this stage).
1 ml/lt of biogrow woulf be cool now.
Also some foliar with cal mag.

Good luck!

Thanks Syd Barret, about the foliar, would it be a good idea do it with the humidifier? Or it will stick to everything inside the grow and become something gross?
And since im new at this, did i was right about the colour of her?
Thanks

Sampas92

Just newbin
Btw generally the rh is at from 60 to 65, when i mentioned then 55% was because it can drift to it according the weather of the day..
And thanks for the props of my setup its low budget, it needs some improvement here and there but its good to learn and works:biggrin:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
don t use nutrients with the humidifier, also check the waters pH, and set it to near neutral like the rain, don t use too alkaline or acidic water

always use 0 EC/ppm water in the humidifier

those can make foliar surface chemically burn

use foliar feeding with bottle spray, directly on the leaves

Sampas92

Just newbin
don t use nutrients with the humidifier, also check the waters pH, and set it to near neutral like the rain, don t use too alkaline or acidic water

always use 0 EC/ppm water in the humidifier

those can make foliar surface chemically burn

use foliar feeding with bottle spray, directly on the leaves

Hi whipedmeat, thanks for the input.
I always chech the ph before spraying her and the soil, also the water temp.
When you say 0 ppm water you mean distilled or ro water right?iv been using bottled water, what could be the cons of that on the humidifier and on the girl?

So bottle spray ok. Just one thing if you dont mind, foliar before lights go out right?ot it can be in the middle of the loght cycle for example?

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
when lights are off plants are not really using the benefit of the foliar that much, i use it during lights on and before light on, didn t see any harm,

i see in hottest summer we have sudden rains and vegetation enjoys it when minutes later full power sun shines on them.

doesn t matter r.o or distilled( ofc best is distilled) just be sure to use as little contamination in ultrasonichumidifier as possible

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there !

First plant is showing early stage of calcium deficiency . The white spots and green not uniform .

CalcliumLeaves.jpg

Go for calmag and start regular nutes , light mix schedule .

Sampas92

Just newbin
when lights are off plants are not really using the benefit of the foliar that much, i use it during lights on and before light on, didn t see any harm,

i see in hottest summer we have sudden rains and vegetation enjoys it when minutes later full power sun shines on them.

doesn t matter r.o or distilled( ofc best is distilled) just be sure to use as little contamination in ultrasonichumidifier as possible

Hmm thanks whiped, i was thinking with the same logic of watering the soil at ligths off you see, but thanks for the clarification.
Any other sugestion or input you wanna bring to the table..something you see in the pictures on in the info of the grow that you think is bad?every input from a oldgrower like you to a novice kike me is gold:)
Thank you

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi there !

First plant is showing early stage of calcium deficiency . The white spots and green not uniform .

View Image

Go for calmag and start regular nutes , light mix schedule .

Thanks, i was thinking about calmag or the lights were to intense, since these are leds and calmag and light burn is a must with these if not properly dialed..but i kinda discarded the light burn because is not quite like i see in pictures and was wondering about calcium or magnesium, thanks alot for the help, clarification with images and everything, really.

So today at lights off i will give her a light feed of calmag..
do you think a light feed of biogrow too would be beneficial?
I indeed did a foliar of calmag today..anyway i will feed her today.
Like i asked whipedmeat, any other sugestion, or mistake, or something that you see in pictures or the info that i gave from my grow, that you wanna point out?
Thanks skunkiest
:biggrin:

Sampas92

Just newbin
After the foliar
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The leafs droped, i admit i wasnt carefull with the water temp so that might have contributed to it..
They indeed did not rise up again, the second pair, the third is kinda straigth..
I would like to invite you guys to follow my journal and go there from time to time just to see this newbie do shit :biggrin:
Thanks guys

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use cal mag first because it will stay in the soil .

It is better to go for light watering everyday to raise up autos metabolism than big waterings like photoperiods .

Light mix has nearby nothing in it . And leds are making plants using much more cal mag than under sodium .

So if you give strong light , you give nutes and balanced air too ( C0² )

Sampas92

Just newbin
Use cal mag first because it will stay in the soil .

It is better to go for light watering everyday to raise up autos metabolism than big waterings like photoperiods .

Light mix has nearby nothing in it . And leds are making plants using much more cal mag than under sodium .

So if you give strong light , you give nutes and balanced air too ( C0² )

I keep the soil moist by spraying it two times a day, a good spray, in the hope of doing just what you say, light watering..
So just 200ml of water with calmag today and for example after 2 days another 200ml with calmag but also with grow?or start today with grow too?

I know about if i give more lights they nees to get the other parameter in check according the light. I have pretty good circulation, i dindt calculate the airflow or anything but the air is exchanging. I have also a pc fan blowing at her above the humidifier to direct the moisture and also circulate the air, she moves very gently, but i dont have a co2 metter, i was thinking about getting one, but i dont have a lot of money to spend, so is for the future.

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts