What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My replied always post with double or triple spacing... why?

mikeross

How come when I make threads/replies etc the spacing between paragraphs will do what looks like a double or triple spacing.

Case in point in this post. This paragraph, as I'm typing now, shows a single space down from the paragraph above. When I hit submit new thread it automatically will change that single space into double or triple spacing.

After posting I have to hit edit. When I edit it shows all the multiple spaces. I adjust and it works properly but only after an edit. Wonder why?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Somebody will come along. It was once posted here.

There's something you type in the URL bar after you do an about:config.

I should have wrote it down :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yeah, I just post and edit the spacing after.
That's what buddy is talking about.

It's a coding flaw. My post before yours (as this one), is an example of what can be accomplished. That's straight, normal, non edited typing, and

Why should we have to edit? Is that a new normal? I don't think so Tim :tiphat:

PS: It's a 10 second fix :)

White Beard

I’ve seen this happen to many others’ posts.
I’ve never seen it happen to mine...which means I don’t get to help

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I’ve seen this happen to many others’ posts.
I’ve never seen it happen to mine...which means I don’t get to help
I only had to do it once (the (about:config)) set it and forget it :) TBS, I wish whoever posted the solution in the past, will see this thread and post it again. This time I will write it down.

I'm sorry that I cannot help with this issue, however I would like to mention that this thread just made me laugh my ass off through a combination of the random nature of this problem, some of the replies, and the potential implications of this issue existing. My imagination was granted access to many comical situations as a result of laying eyes on this thread.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Happens to me every time. And, has for many months. I just edit after I post. A lot of people are having the same problem. There was a thread about it a few months ago. And, like Switcher said, I believe someone had a solution.

Just FYI, I am using Firefox.

Peace

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
did you try to clean cache, clean cookies and all previuosly set up things in the html text editor ?
does it happen in other webbrowsers too?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This spacing has been an issue with ICMag/Firefox browser for quite a while now.
I haven't heard of a fix other than editing your post.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Happens to me every time. And, has for many months. I just edit after I post. A lot of people are having the same problem. There was a thread about it a few months ago. And, like Switcher said, I believe someone had a solution.

Just FYI, I am using Firefox.

Peace
As I :)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh man I remember this bug from a few years ago and I don't remember what I did to fix it. I'm also on FireFox but I'm pretty sure all my posts are formatting correctly when posted, but I do feel like I had to change something, maybe that setting. But then I don't think I've changed anything on this firefox it was a fresh install I'm pretty sure? Maybe backup your firefox profile and try un-installing and re-installing? Just make sure you backup all your profile so you don't lose your bookmarks and stuff!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Oh man I remember this bug from a few years ago and I don't remember what I did to fix it. I'm also on FireFox but I'm pretty sure all my posts are formatting correctly when posted, but I do feel like I had to change something, maybe that setting. But then I don't think I've changed anything on this firefox it was a fresh install I'm pretty sure? Maybe backup your firefox profile and try un-installing and re-installing? Just make sure you backup all your profile so you don't lose your bookmarks and stuff!
Same here I didn't do diddly when their site upgraded and, yes your posts are coming out "properly formatted"

Latest posts

Latest posts