What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving my Hemp Op from NC to VA

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey y'all,

Just thinking about relocating my Hemp operation in Burnsville NC to somewhere in VA. I'd be joining the VA hemp program. Any tips about what's cool to do, where I should live, people who want to connect when I'm touring around the state, farm shares, shit anything VA related y'all can share will be helpful. Been in NC for 15 years now and it feels a little weird to call a new state home.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Hey, I know that area, you're living in paradise so why trade for the unknowns of Virginia?

WNC is pro-hemp and when legalization/decrim arrives that whole scene will be opening right up.

...... If it were me, I'd stick around for awhile. ;)

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Comic,

While I don't totally disagree NC isn't what I'd call Prohemp. We had to beg the legislature not to let our licenses expire just this last year and still did nothing in the summer session. If the department of Ag wasn't so overwhelmed NC hemp farmers would have had to cut down all our plants and start fresh in Jan 2021. NC's entire hemp program is result of demanding advocates who never relented in trying to get legal hemp. Just last year we passed (and the Govern chose not to enact) a hemp flower sales ban. Unfortunately WNC and NC are two entirely different beasts and ultimately NC votes and WNC follows. Not to bash NC, I love it here, my kids were born here but man I have a feeling we'll be years behind VA in recreational/medical THC infrastructure. VA is already pooling resources and state agencies to explore a rec scene by 2022-2023. Not sure it'll make it into the law but what I am sure of is NC will lag behind whatever happens in VA. I've got enough connections here in WNC where I won't have a problem maintaining my market share so that worry is gone. I own a house here that I'm going to rent out so if NC ever did something to prove me wrong I could easily relocate back here. The chance to be part of the first southern state with rec is something I just don't feel right missing.