What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has Anyone Left Their Clones in Rooting Gel Overnight??!!

LostTribe

Premium user
If the leaves still look perky and the stems are still strong don't worry about it. Did you burn one and forget your pups?!?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
No I am interested in research.

I am also higher than a giraffe's ass in a hot air balloon though.

I have left them sitting under an LED in the Clonex jar for about forty minutes now.

hellfire

In my experience clones that sat in it for say half a day lets call its 6 to 10 hours would wilt off and die the next day. This was liquid rooting hormone though not gel.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Way back, my gel said a couple of hours. I would syringe some into the rockwool I once used, to keep it around even longer.

It's a type no longer available, but I can get the chemical, when I need to make some more

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well I'm back to say don't do it.

All of them died no matter how much I babied them.

All of the tips were stained and fried.

One vote for no.

Two votes for stupid.

Three cheers for scissor hash bong hits!

:friends:

hellfire

Glad to see you back mr. mustard

Aye, in times like these its best to drop them in plain water instead. Speaking of which I've rooted many things in plain water but never added rooting hormone, now I'm kinda curious.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I usually soak my cuts overnight and trim them all in the morning, making final cuts noonish or so.

After the final cut I like to dip to seal the end from embolism. I've even used honey.

After a long history of losing cuts I decided to up my game.

I highly recommend sprayer nozzle manifold cloners if one were to use plain water.

Troutman you must be high :D

bigpeter

I make a solution of dutch pro take root and let the cuttings sit in that for a few hours, works well for me.

prune

Veteran
More doesn't equal better when dealing with plant hormones.

Especially when you consider that they can bio-accumulate within the plant tissue and come back to bite you as late as well into the flowering cycle...

I'm about to do the research unless someone talks me off the ledge.....

there is no need to use rooting hormone.
plants make their own . weed is soft wood and roots very easy.
rooting hormone actually inhibits root elongation.
the standard hormone used is IBA indolebutyric acid .it stimulate undifferentiated cell mass to grow ( white callus formation on the bottom of clone) this undifferentiated cell mass receives a hormonal key to produce a root cell nodule but that root will not elongate with with the IBA still there.
in tissue culture they use IAA indoleacetic acid that degrades after a week .
1" rockwool cubes soaked with a very mild veg solution ( about 15 % of normal ) with a bit of superthirve b1 .
put the cuttings in the cubes. they have an excellent air water ration.
out a lid on them and under about 500 FOOTCANDLE light .
at 7 day take lid off , give them a very mild spary and let it dry off .put them back under to 500 FOOTCANDLE light and now slowly introduce them to stronger light .
500 to 1500 FOOTCANDLE over the next 2 weeks.
I used to do about 1000 clones a week and wound lose 2 or 3 .
good luck

Fixer

there is no need to use rooting hormone.
plants make their own . weed is soft wood and roots very easy.
rooting hormone actually inhibits root elongation.
the standard hormone used is IBA indolebutyric acid .it stimulate undifferentiated cell mass to grow ( white callus formation on the bottom of clone) this undifferentiated cell mass receives a hormonal key to produce a root cell nodule but that root will not elongate with with the IBA still there.
in tissue culture they use IAA indoleacetic acid that degrades after a week .
1" rockwool cubes soaked with a very mild veg solution ( about 15 % of normal ) with a bit of superthirve b1 .
put the cuttings in the cubes. they have an excellent air water ration.
out a lid on them and under about 500 FOOTCANDLE light .
at 7 day take lid off , give them a very mild spary and let it dry off .put them back under to 500 FOOTCANDLE light and now slowly introduce them to stronger light .
500 to 1500 FOOTCANDLE over the next 2 weeks.
I used to do about 1000 clones a week and wound lose 2 or 3 .
good luck
:tiphat:Thanks! That's very interesting.

Veggia farmer

Thanks for the experiment, then I dont have too:p Love a grown man how plays like a child, and the only reason for it, I dont feel alone then! GraciAS!

:tiphat: