What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak seeds new releases!

Fitzera

I just received an update on Peaks current unlisted work. I'm waiting to hear back from Mike as to what hazes he is working with, but here is part of the email I received:

"I'm working with a couple of Hazes, been looking for a while. I've discovered something pretty good. No details yet. Experimenting with a few polyhybrids. Here is a current list of unadvertised strains that are available.

Cinderella99 (C99)- well tested, very good
*******************************- fast flowering, compact sativa, fruity,*unique
*******************************- true to it's reputation, google it.

Texada Skunk x C99 - *very good

Kush x C99 - excellent reports

SC(SSxC99) x Northern Lights - untested

NLxC99 - great reports, one very good run myself, very fast flowering.

Sweet Skunk x Haze - untested

NL x Haze - untested

Kush x Haze untested

Haze x BB - untested

Haze x C99 - untested"

There is also a current customer appreciation sale going on as well as a mix seed blow out.

Also, anybody who has noticed he has updated his site and now uses a 3rd party system for sales with increased prices, established customers can still order direct at the prices you used to pay.

H G Griffin

I grew out 2 SSxHaze for about 3 weeks before culling both. They were sickly, straggly things.
Haven't talked to MJ for a while, but heard he wasn't selling that cross anymore.

Fitzera

I grew out 2 SSxHaze for about 3 weeks before culling both. They were sickly, straggly things.
Haven't talked to MJ for a while, but heard he wasn't selling that cross anymore.

That's unfortunate. Thats one of the ones that's got me the most interested. Hes still doing them though, they're available. Heres the very latest info I got 2 days ago (sorry, I guess it's the same info I already posted, nothing new added):

"I'm working with a couple of Hazes, been looking for a while. I've discovered something pretty good. No details yet. Experimenting with a few polyhybrids. Here is a current list of unadvertised strains that are available.

Cinderella99 (C99)- well tested, very good
*- fast flowering, compact sativa, fruity,*unique
*- true to it's reputation, google it.

Texada Skunk x C99 - *very good

Kush x C99 - excellent reports

SC(SSxC99) x Northern Lights - untested

NLxC99 - great reports, one very good run myself, very fast flowering.

Sweet Skunk x Haze - untested

NL x Haze - untested

Kush x Haze untested

Haze x BB - untested

Haze x C99 - untested"

It's got me intrigued, probably going to take advantage of the customer appreciation sale and get some of these in the vault for safe keeping.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent

OR people didn't know how to grow almost pure Sativas (ppm, ph, ect..), which can cause abnormalities.

H G Griffin

OR people didn't know how to grow almost pure Sativas (ppm, ph, ect..), which can cause abnormalities.

I've grown nearly everything Mike has to offer without issue. SS, SSxC99 have all grown well for me. I have a cherished C99 cut of his and I do very well with his finicky indica blueberry too.

I don't have an ego re my plants, I make errors and happily own them.

The SSxHaze were weak sickly plants.You can accept that or ignore it. I only offered what I could to the conversation.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I've grown nearly everything Mike has to offer without issue. SS, SSxC99 have all grown well for me. I have a cherished C99 cut of his and I do very well with his finicky indica blueberry too.

I don't have an ego re my plants, I make errors and happily own them.

The SSxHaze were weak sickly plants.You can accept that or ignore it. I only offered what I could to the conversation.

LOL no need to get butt hurt about it, I've grown MJ's C99 and SSxC99 and its easy as pie compared to something thats haze sensitive, and BB is finky but to a certain extent.

H G Griffin

LOL no need to get butt hurt about it, I've grown MJ's C99 and SSxC99 and its easy as pie compared to something thats haze sensitive, and BB is finky but to a certain extent.

Butthurt?

You accused a stranger of incompetence and then follow up with this?

I was being polite, but now you can fuck right off.

Fitzera

"Hi, I suspect that those seeds might have been too fresh. Sometimes it takes a couple months to reach peak and I've seen wacked out seedlings with fresh batches many times. I hope to try them myself soon but otherwise, no I have not heard anything. They haven't been going out for long."

Fitzera

I just placed my order for:

Kush x C99
SC(SSxC99) x Northern Lights
NLxC99
Sweet Skunk x Haze
NL x Haze
Kush x Haze
Haze x BB
Haze x C99

I have no idea when I'll get around to trying any of these, I still havent gone through everything else I've grabbed from him in the past. But I think there will be some gold to be found!

Fitzera

I hope this doesnt seem like I'm advertising because I am not affiliated in any way. I am, however, a fan of their work and so I like to update others. Also, i like supporting local, and for me this is pretty local.

Anyhow, the latest news...peak has clones currently available. I'm not sure if this would be good option for anyone outside canada, but us canadians it would work for. Here is the latest:

"Hello, I hope you are doing well and staying healthy.

Other than mail being a little slower it is business as usual.

Currently, I'm offering some female clones for sale as well.

These will be rooted in a jiffy disk and well packaged.

I've tested the packaging, the plants are alive and well after a week, with a couple nights outside. I won't be offering any guarantees though. I will replace any lost clones(due to shipping) with an equal value of seeds.

Currently, I have in, limited quantities, two sativas....

Sweet Skunk x C99.... proven plant last season, harvestable at the beginning of October but could go another week or two. Very productive.

Texada Skunk x C99..... similar to the other but I think a little better. Very much a sativa.

Also in very limited quantities, for now...

Kush Berry, very potent indica, flowering times can work outdoors but susceptible to mould."

I've removed the price part of the email to prevent it seeming like I'm advertising for them. This is only meant to let others know that different/new things are available. Anyone who has been a customer and had themselves added to peaks mailing list will have recieved the same email as I have.

I have no experience with his clones, but I have grown out the sweet skunk x c99 in seed form in my last run and it was excellent. Low smell like seems to be norm for his work, but the resin content was very high. The one I grew leaned more to the c99 side but with strong stiff branching. No support was required.

LostTribe

Premium user
Sadly the two peak c99's I ran are proving mostly indica sleepy stone and only for about an hour or so at that.

Fitzera

Sadly the two peak c99's I ran are proving mostly indica sleepy stone and only for about an hour or so at that.

That's unfortunate for sure. I havent run their straight c99, and I missed the boat on the original c99 to begin with. I did enjoy the new version but I know it doesnt quite compare to the original. And I dont believe the original is to be found, the more clones and such that are worked, the more removed they become from the original.

LostTribe

Premium user
That's unfortunate for sure. I havent run their straight c99, and I missed the boat on the original c99 to begin with. I did enjoy the new version but I know it doesnt quite compare to the original. And I dont believe the original is to be found, the more clones and such that are worked, the more removed they become from the original.

I tried the first yesterday. Guess I truly need to try the other one to get a better idea. But I was floored really sluggish. I am fine now just packed 2 chills of the other breeder. It was slightly intense but just a happy warm body buzz yet pretty psychedelic while I am just sitting here chilling.

Fitzera

Looks like Peak is doing a "global celebration sale", whatever that is...but it means 50% more seeds for the same price. And I hear that if you mention riu, you'll get 100% more seeds. So I guess its a 2 for 1 really. Be sure to ask him for a current list cause he has a whole bunch of new things he's testing that isn't on the website.

Fitzera

I was perusing another forum last night where MikeJ has opened an account and has more presence....hes updated his website!

It sheds a little bit more light on the foundations of his lines, some information that is new to me. Pretty cool!

Fitzera

I tried the first yesterday. Guess I truly need to try the other one to get a better idea. But I was floored really sluggish. I am fine now just packed 2 chills of the other breeder. It was slightly intense but just a happy warm body buzz yet pretty psychedelic while I am just sitting here chilling.

Have you seen OutCold's C99 from the 2020 batch peak produced? It looks awesome, maybe not what the original was, but awesome none the less. I'm definitely going to be grabbing some in the future along with some Sweet Skunk, one of his Kush lines and more of JOTIs Black collection as I see it's all back in stock.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see a new website for Peak and wonder if it is the same company. This one has many strains the old one did not. It does seem to have the NL and other regulars of the old company.

soopy

Veteran
Pretty sure that is Mike/Peak Seeds with a facelift/name change….from what I gather. I grabbed some wares before he made the change…like around 2020 or so, so I can’t comment on the new site via experience….fwiw.

need4weed

Veteran
I don't think it is Mike. I reckon someone else has purchased the domain name. Mike was a boutique breeder, that site is full of just random strains