What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBG breeding and current varieties

Piff_cat

If you take a look at smalls chemotype 4 you'll find that north east asian hemp specifically Japan and Korea has several unique chemotypes. Strains with 0 cbd but cbc instead. Over 5 percent cannabigerol monomethyl ether . Chemotype with 0 cannabinoids. Shiatsu kush is at least half jap landrace so not surprising its throwing weird profiled. These could be very useful in f1 with nld by adding bulk dif terp profiles faster flowering without introducing a cbd synthase into nld. Cbc also has big potential to increase thc effect and longevity. These are all shiatsu kush profiles from wa state tests

GrowingHigher

Thanks Tjule and Piff_cat. Good to know. I'll check out that Smalls paper, if I can find it out of his sea of Cannabis citations

Last edited:

Piff_cat

Thanks Tjule and Piff_cat. Good to know. I'll check out that Smalls paper, if I can find it out of his sea of Camnabis citations

I have found that for cannabinoid content for landraces the papers by small in the 70s are an excellent resource. The metabolism of cannabinoid theory is outdated but tge contents describe plants that no longer exist unhybridized. Especially the seized flower from known sources. When you have a bunch of uncategorized data outliers are a great place to start. Eventually patterns will appear which can be used to hypothesize and test.

Attachments

• photo2095883.jpg
    photo2095883.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 136
  • photo2101657.jpg
    photo2101657.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 137
  • photo2101658.jpg
    photo2101658.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 124
  • photo2101659.jpg
    photo2101659.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 115
  • photo2101660.jpg
    photo2101660.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 120
  • photo2101661.jpg
    photo2101661.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 121
  • photo2101662.jpg
    photo2101662.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 133

zaprjaques

I wonder if this is true, but i ordered some CBG flowers from Austria, in their lab papers it says its Santhica (EU approved hemp cultivar), that clocks at almost 17% CBG.
Vapes nicely with a very quick onset of effects.

Edit:
The actual question is, someone must have popped a few seeds of Santhica, has had them tested and found a special plant?
The company who sells the flowers is really small, usually works indoors with the exception of the CBG cultivar wich is labelled outdoors, probably greenhouse but not sure. I suspect they work with clones mostly to get stable results.

Probably not 100percent on topic since this thread is more about US outdoor farming from seed but yeah, i hope yall can forgive.

Attachments

• 16500228005892185571375130993882.jpg
    16500228005892185571375130993882.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

goingrey

Yep looks great.

The 17%er must be a freak pheno. An online seedbank lists 0.12% THC, 1-2% CBD, 2-3% CBG for both Santhica 27 and Santhica 70.

zaprjaques

Yep looks great.

The 17%er must be a freak pheno. An online seedbank lists 0.12% THC, 1-2% CBD, 2-3% CBG for both Santhica 27 and Santhica 70.
Ok, looks like its <17%, my bad, but analysis says its around 14%. theyre doing the analysis of cannabinoids in-house apparently... terpenes get outsourced.

Edit:

Happy 420 :)

Attachments

• analyse-rosmarie (1).pdf
    148.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Rosmarie_Analysenzertifikat_71900411_20201126_4 (3).pdf
    165.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

GrowingHigher

I wonder if this is true, but i ordered some CBG flowers from Austria, in their lab papers it says its Santhica (EU approved hemp cultivar), that clocks at almost 17% CBG.
Vapes nicely with a very quick onset of effects.

Edit:
The actual question is, someone must have popped a few seeds of Santhica, has had them tested and found a special plant?
The company who sells the flowers is really small, usually works indoors with the exception of the CBG cultivar wich is labelled outdoors, probably greenhouse but not sure. I suspect they work with clones mostly to get stable results.

Probably not 100percent on topic since this thread is more about US outdoor farming from seed but yeah, i hope yall can forgive.
Interesting. Santhica is listed as monoecious

goingrey

That is indeed interesting. I didnt know. I guess this cant be it then... i mean how are they going to inhibit male flowers/seed forming, outdoors even?!

It could be done with some chemicals like ethephon.

But probably it's something else. The "Santhica" sample they sent for terpene analysis looks totally different to the buds in your jar (way worse).

zaprjaques

It could be done with some chemicals like ethephon.

But probably it's something else. The "Santhica" sample they sent for terpene analysis looks totally different to the buds in your jar (way worse).
I called them and asked how theyre doing it. Answer was, 'There are stable females in the line, Santhica 27 that is, and they selcted for it and use clones. Also they moved the production indoors.'
Sounds plausible, maybe its also true.
One way or another, i enjoy the product and have bought it multiple times, it seems to be consistent.
As for the high percentage of CBG i suppose you can reach a far larger percentage in flowers only as the 3%CBG content stated on most sites for Santhica 27 is measured in the entire bio mass of the plant... 🤷‍♂️

Timj

If anyone is still interested in Dutch Passions CBG Force. I'm growing a mother plant out and backing a few clones for more seed to work with. I had terrible germination with the seeds I purchased. Only 1 of three actually germinated. Very slow growth at first and it was a bit more difficult to clone. I did get 4 of 4 clones to root. But, they took almost 4 weeks to root. Here's the mother plant, the clones I'm using to back breed. Female on the left,pollen donor on the right. I just flipped to 12/12 so I'm not showing pollen sacs yet. The last picture is just a few extra clones I took.
CBG MOM.jpg
CGBseedclones.jpg
extraCBGclones.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts