What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you favorite trimming shears?

Lyfespan

fiskars micros, and fuck those one with that gold "titanium" on them that shit scrapes off and gets in the trim hash

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Count me in for Chikamasa b-500srf. Make sure you get the ones with the fluorine coating. Makes cleaning them a breeze, just dip into iso every 20 minutes or so and wipe clean. When I was using normal sewing scissors to trim they were getting gummed up so fast.

wonder how they work. im always down to try something new tried alot of them. i got a graveyard cup full of scissors that sucked ass.i cant throw them out. some of them look cool though.

pinkus

Veteran
To clean mine I soak the blades in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off with a paper towel or old rag. I know it's a waste of hash, but I could care less when there is a large pile of buds in front of me.

Fiskars for sure.

I use two pair, one soaking in a big shot glass with everclear while I clip clip clip with the other pair. After a bunch of trimming I take the everclear and add it to a batch of coconut canna oil I'm making in the crockpot. IME, it works best when there is plenty of weed, water and oil in the crock. :bandit:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
wonder how they work. im always down to try something new tried alot of them. i got a graveyard cup full of scissors that sucked ass.i cant throw them out. some of them look cool though.
Pretty sure I got mine at the local grow store for 25$ or so. Really worth it. Anything with the fluorine coating is gonna kick ass though.

prune

Veteran
Fiskar's are great if you don't mind fighting that goddam spring all day and the fact that it's hard to find a pair with both tips...

The Chicky's and ARS have really nice low-effort pivots and are great for outdoor and bucking indoor, but the curved blades (if that's your option) mean a lot of grip shifting.

Unmentioned elsewhere, but my absolute favorite for the final dry finish trim are the OLFA SCS-4. Stainless, sharp, pointy and small with full multi-finger grips.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
My fave trimming shears are other people. Followed by whatever these things are:
picture.php

They cost like 2 Euro dollars and I've used em for five years or sumtin, can't complain..

But as a Finnish guy with Fiskars stock, I approve of this thread for the most part. That guy who said Fiskars aren't worth it, c'mon mang.. Why you gotta be like that, dude?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

- Big Bad Tee, the pride of Fiskars

JetLife175

Veteran
Do your hands and wrists a favor and drop the fiskars and go chikamasa. Those little Japanese scissors are taking over the trim scene. Have been actually. Last season when I was up on the property, a rep from chikamasa flew into Humboldt County to see exactly why this place in the middle of the woods sold more scissors than anywhere else outside of their home country. He stopped at some grow shops and couldn’t believe how many people were buying. It was hilarious when I was told the story. I could imagine that was pure culture shock for that poor guy. lol

R

Rab.C

this was my first crop and bought these Chikamasa T-552 Trimming Scissors 7" done the job well & i really liked them but resin is a buggar too get off lol

Last edited:

Gry

Couple of things in life that I don't want or need trimmed.

Cannabis is one of them.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A quick look for the Chikamasa fluorine scissors found a thread where two pairs had the coating partially missing after one trimming session. A google of fluorine shows it is very toxic.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If you are worried about the fluorine coming off the scissors, I sincerely hope you don't live anyplace with fluoridated water. Fluorine is highly toxic in it's pure form, but we're talking something along the lines of the teflon found on your non stick pans. It's a fluoracarbon, it's not pure fluorine. Like salt is sodium + chloride, both toxic elements on their own. But table salt doesn't kill you till you die of hypertension from eating too much. And teflon is only toxic at high temperatures. So unless you are heating up your scissors and inhaling the smoke, you are getting hit with way higher levels of fluorine on a daily basis just from being alive.

pokearound

Chikamasa all the way. No hand aches or fatigue and they float in your hand.

The fluorine coated model has rusted on me, so no more.

prune

Veteran
Chikamasa all the way. No hand aches or fatigue and they float in your hand.

The fluorine coated model has rusted on me, so no more.

Hmm, my chickamasa's are fluorine coated stainless steel - that shouldn't rust at all. Did they offer coated carbon steel in the past? I know terpenes play havoc with carbon steel...

djibra

If you are worried about the fluorine coming off the scissors, I sincerely hope you don't live anyplace with fluoridated water. Fluorine is highly toxic in it's pure form, but we're talking something along the lines of the teflon found on your non stick pans. It's a fluoracarbon, it's not pure fluorine. Like salt is sodium + chloride, both toxic elements on their own. But table salt doesn't kill you till you die of hypertension from eating too much. And teflon is only toxic at high temperatures. So unless you are heating up your scissors and inhaling the smoke, you are getting hit with way hig
her levels of fluorine on a daily basis just from being alive.

perfectly said

:tiphat: