What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial Autoflowering guide for maximum yield

don t do it, until you are not familiar how to grow autos, supersoilmixes can be "hot"..
go with light medium for the first few runs

Hello friends, hope every one is going well, I was planning to make a summary for the autos after I dig in full that threat but more then 500pages I do have a lot to diggest... I'm still reading it but only glimpses by the 59pag...

Thank you for that heads up friend Whipedmeat, from what I've understood until now is that we could use the LC’s Soiless Mix #1 for the top part of the container (seed stage to veg stage), and in the bottom use the one of the recipes for me the 2 and 5 are the most appealing... But yeah I thought in cutting down on the ferts on those recipes because of the Auto's sensitivity...

Not sure if we could use the Lc soiless mix and when the preflower/flowering phase we could just add some nutes for the flower phase (like biobizz bloom and topmax), instead of that recipes and so get the thing done more easily...

I can also add some other recipes that a user witch I don't know if I can mention him but he told the following recipes could be used:

Easy Organic Soil Recipe: To make 1 cubic foot (7.5 gallons) of base soil: 1/2 part peat moss 1/2 part humus (compost and/or ewc (earthworm castings)- can do all compost or all ewc or some mixture of the two) Mushroom compost easy to obtain: HD/Lowes 1/2 + part aeration amendment (perlite or vermiculite) 1/4 part clean sand 1 cup lime (per cubic foot) Nutritional amendments: you want to add about 2-3 cups total of all your nutritional amendments per cubic foot (7.5 gallons) of soil. Note that this means 2-3 cups total, a combination of all your nutritional amendments, not 2-3 cups of each amendment. 1 cup kelp meal 1.5 cups dry organic fertilizer

***If using Fox Farm or Happy Frog, add a few cups of clean sand and add more perlite into pre-bagged mix. Those products seem to be “hot” for seedlings.  ***Jiffy Pellets or Jiffy starter cube products are strongly discouraged as peat used is too hot for germination purposes.*** Another recipe: 1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft) 8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source 4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source 1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source 3-4 cups dolomite lime -calcium source & pH buffering 4 cups kelp meal. 9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings - Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit (uncovered) 1-2 weeks before use.

Quality ingredients were also mention by that user, witch makes sense.

I also forgot to add in my last reply that I am planning to do a organic grow... If any one could add their thoughts or their inputs based on their experiences, please do.

Once again thank you all IC members, stay safe and happy growings.

One love :tiphat:

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
for seedlings and veg what about just wormcasting, perlit, and cococoir, and peat, sand/dolomite ?

for seedlings and veg what about just wormcasting, perlit, and cococoir, and peat, sand/dolomite ?

Hi there, actually I thought the same but according to my web readings, I think they use the dolomite to balance the acidity (Ph), of the peat. The sand I've read that it should be horticulture sand and that the cococoir should be watered flushed to insure that any residue of salt is not going to our medium.

So... I was thinking maybe just use the cococoir "Ph neutral" with the perlite and worm castings, maybe would do just fine as optionals we could also use root fungi and silicates and black strapped molasses unsulphered.. Like i mention before i do need to read more and ask questions to the people who know... I always used biobizz soils but i would in my opinion not knowing if it was strain specific using only the light mix soil with worm casting + biobizz top max seemed that the yield was better.

Sorry dude, but i have more questions than answers... If you can please also research and let us know of your findings dear WHIPEDMEAT. I will do the same. Stay fine, regards.:tiphat:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
are we talking about indoors or outdoors crop ? there are more factors to consider how to maximize the yield from the invested energy

are we talking about indoors or outdoors crop ? there are more factors to consider how to maximize the yield from the invested energy

Indoors dear WHIPEDMEAT... Maybe some day in the future when we could all have really freedom I will do outdoors... :thank you:
So many details... I think i didn't said nothing because you also do it indoors, or have done like I did? Outdoors there is even more variables to deal with... But who doesn't dream to see a Tree full of resin and pillow size buds... :peacock:
Cheers :tiphat:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
this organic topic should be really a fully separated thread. i would not let all this info to be lost in comments under different title... because we need to describe what makes it "organic" or let's call it "Living soil"
so in my opinion, much more difficult to set the right amount of those slowly decomposing parts, and don t forget the life in the rhizosphere have to do its work it takes time for them..
or just do as Gypsy did. look for a nice compost pile

Slashemup

Never done autos though from what i read about autos & lighting light for 24/7 all the way works best for growth/yield.

Koondense

Veteran
Many say 20/4 is best for autoflowers.
I think every plant needs some night time.

Cheers

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
it is not all black and white, i ve tried all the timing schedules (now running some on 12\12 in soil for fun) constant 18\6 can give you very satisfying results, 24\0 works also and now with 12\12 i am very surprised ..
it is more important the right time of the right amount of light, i did this actually
started them in final pots under 18 \6 than 2 weeks later moved into 12 \12 .. and things work

Koondense

Veteran
Did you notice any increased stretching or other differences in growth and bud formation?
Thanks for the infos.

Cheers

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
because of the light schedule differences ? yes probably, there are some more stretching with more dark,
but i don t think light is the main factor, much more you can do with the temperature, humidity and feeding methods
than comes the light and first not the amount but the quality of it. sun hps led cfl all has different quality

D

DNM1

because of the light schedule differences ? yes probably, there are some more stretching with more dark,
but i don t think light is the main factor, much more you can do with the temperature, humidity and feeding methods
than comes the light and first not the amount but the quality of it. sun hps led cfl all has different quality
Thanks for the thread W.,makes it easier for me to ask for advice
We had Cannabis 2020 expo in our country, and,found myself, first time, buying autos(West Coat O.G),and,the others where promotional gifts.Running 12/12 a few fems, 25/26C 50/60% 600W HPS,have space for one auto.Would like to try one
Any suggestions/recommendations,on what I currently hold?
Thanks
:)

Attachments

• IMG_6982.jpg
    IMG_6982.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 123
D

DNM1

Giving it a try, first time autos
Babuska Black
West Coast O.G
:)

Attachments

• IMG_7095.jpg
    IMG_7095.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 125

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, I would add one other thing that can be done. Start your soils microbial life a few weeks to a month before seed germination.
Your soil Ph should be stabilized by the time your seedlings are planted. Now this is only going to maximize the growing environment for organic soil growers.

1. Get the microbial life going in your soil early.
2. Start seedlings in large final grow bags
3. Have a keg cup sized hole of unfertilized seedling mix in the center of the final grow bags.
4. DON'T EVER TOP AUTO FLOWERING GENETICS.
5. Don't try to super tune your soil mix between vegetative and flowering cycles.
6. Let the flowering get fully underway before changing or increasing nutrients. This will lessen any adverse hormonal reactions.
7. Don't try to super tune your soil during flowering. Trust in your preparation a month before you germinated your seeds.
8. Keep everything clean. Keep everything clean. Keep everything clean.
9. Harvest , dry and cure your cannabis. Don't be impatient!!! Did you really do everything this well since before you planted the first seed. To take shortcuts now?

Peace, enjoy your high quality herb !

DiverDave

Happy 420

Happy 420

Hello all, I would add one other thing that can be done. Start your soils microbial life a few weeks to a month before seed germination.
Your soil Ph should be stabilized by the time your seedlings are planted. Now this is only going to maximize the growing environment for organic soil growers.

3. Have a keg cup sized hole of unfertilized seedling mix in the center of the final grow bags.
5. Don't try to super tune your soil mix between vegetative and flowering cycles.
6. Let the flowering get fully underway before changing or increasing nutrients. This will lessen any adverse hormonal reactions.
7. Don't try to super tune your soil during flowering. Trust in your preparation a month before you germinated your seeds.
9. Harvest , dry and cure your cannabis. Don't be impatient!!! Did you really do everything this well since before you planted the first seed. To take shortcuts now?

I just found this advise on soil and like everything , with mention of running soil in the environment in large bags you can rid the bugs before they get started.

Roots are a key point to any grow , the more the better.

DD

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

I have to disagree with you on topping Autoflowers. I have done it many times.
I also transplant, these were started in 1-gallon pots and transplanted after 2-3 weeks.

These have all been topped after the 4th node

picture.php

Peace GG