What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

The Joker1

I can't edit. But he did two 3year, 3month, 3 day retreats under the guidance of Kalu Rinpoche. There is no pleasure that can hold a candle to the happiness and peace he found inside himself, already there. He has nothing to do with drugs. Pretty awesome end to the story. Free on the outside and completely free on the inside.

geneva_sativa

Very interesting thread. I like that at least one guy met Kalu Rinpoche and found the path that really allows one to know the mind, with no need for psychedelics , independently resting in minds natural wonderfulness. Did the cops let him go after being arrested in SF?

I wonder what the quality of life was for the rest of them.

A truly Impressive Tibetan teacher !

Loved the book compiled of his talks, Luminous Mind

The Joker1

And his students all became great teachers. Many of them have centers . I was never fortunate enough to meet him but have studied with many who learned from him. He left some great Lamas, Rinpoche's and lay people behind to carry on. He was very precise.

Burt

Veteran
Speaking of the brotherhood, anyone else stoked that the L train has come back in a big way?
The rick and Morty print is clean and mic’D at 250mcg. Be careful with it-that’s like 4 trips if one compares to how low it’s been mic’D on sheets that last 10 years

~star~crash~

Burt ...i'd like to try some of that ...i'm sitting on some personal gels fresh as of several months ago , have not tried 'em as of yet

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
965746_10151682505855792_114481897_o.jpg
463763_10151682509535792_1531804807_o.jpg
971744_10151682503530792_599875382_n.jpg

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The BOEL had zero to do with The Original Haze Cannabis variety, it was developed by my friend in Santa Cruz, in the late 60's from 3 varieties of Columbian Cannabis.
I knew several members of BOEL, a good friend of mine in BOEL died in a Lebanese jail trying to export a few tons to Calif I was in Laguna off and on in the late 60's, I attended the Christmas 1970 Laguna Canyon festival and saw the helicopter drop the cards with orange sunshine and flowers, I picked up a few and still have the cards.
The previous year I saw BOEL members at Altamont Dec 1969 with a large grocery paper bag completly full of orange sunshine, they were standing on a converted school bus roof tossing hands full after handfull of orange sunshine into the crowds, their arms were orange up to their elbows. I picked up several tabs and popped them in my mouth, I did not even know the event was a bummer until told the next day, I had a great time. I was wondering why the music kept stopping, but now I know.

-SamS

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
Nick Sand is credited as the first underground chemist to synthesize DMT and the first person to discover it's active when smoked, apparently he made it in a bathtub

mexweed

Veteran
no, but your body metabolizes it into LSD and it degrades into LSD when exposed to oxygen

Mimpi Manis

Case Closed on Hippie Mafia Smugglers Thu Dec 03, 2009. By Nick Schou

That was a very compelling read. It was a different world then wasn't it? A few improvements here and there for the current one, but on the whole, you'd have to say... not so much. Lj

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've been seeing more sid around past couple of years.
I went probably 10 years or so without seeing it.

I had a vial with 25 drops in my freezer. Even though the top was screwed on tight it seems to have evaporated down to about 5 drops.
I'm not sure if that means each drop is now more potent or if I lost most of it.
Sadly, I was decades too late for the orange sunshine.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I've been seeing more sid around past couple of years.
I went probably 10 years or so without seeing it.

I had a vial with 25 drops in my freezer. Even though the top was screwed on tight it seems to have evaporated down to about 5 drops.
I'm not sure if that means each drop is now more potent or if I lost most of it.
Sadly, I was decades too late for the orange sunshine.

Cut it open and chew on it. I bet its all still in there.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The BOEL had zero to do with The Original Haze Cannabis variety, it was developed by my friend in Santa Cruz, in the late 60's from 3 varieties of Columbian Cannabis.
I knew several members of BOEL, a good friend of mine in BOEL died in a Lebanese jail trying to export a few tons to Calif I was in Laguna off and on in the late 60's, I attended the Christmas 1970 Laguna Canyon festival and saw the helicopter drop the cards with orange sunshine and flowers, I picked up a few and still have the cards.
The previous year I saw BOEL members at Altamont Dec 1969 with a large grocery paper bag completly full of orange sunshine, they were standing on a converted school bus roof tossing hands full after handfull of orange sunshine into the crowds, their arms were orange up to their elbows. I picked up several tabs and popped them in my mouth, I did not even know the event was a bummer until told the next day, I had a great time. I was wondering why the music kept stopping, but now I know.

-SamS

In 72, 73 the acid I was getting from Laguna was windowpane. In 73 there was "purple pyramid" around also. It was little thin pieces of gelatin stuff, but molded into a shallow pyramid about 1/8" on the side. The windowpane was kinda yellowish clear gelatin, and a flat square about 1/8" on the side. Easy to hide. Never even heard of orange sunshine, but I was a HS kid with limited connects.

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
fill the vial with water or orange juice and drink it as a shot, I always rinse vials out 3 times like that just to be sure

Latest posts

Latest posts