What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

G

I have a deep chunk x og from the triangle .i hope it rocks .but i was told that every thing deep chunk touches makes better .

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was talkin with Tom a bit ago, i had made the general comment "Oooo DC vegges so slow, its really inbred, many generations." somethin to that effect.

Tom had pointed out that the DC really isnt that slow if ya think about it, compare the size of the main stalk, the size of the fans, how thick the leaf/finger is, the amount of branchin on the plant. takes quite a bit of energy to accomplish this on a plant.

also its a landrace indica, never hybridized, were all so used to hybrid vigor in what we grow, we expect everything to grow like that.

yields are another point everyone always talks about. again, grow a decent sized DC(a 30 inch single cola plant will not yield much) but bring in a 4/5 foot bush(dont top to much, get a bit stringy) and once harvested, weight those chunky hard nugs, and you see its not far off from other plants. its not bigbud, but respectable none the less.

here weve always said DC is the "cappucino of weed"

CBF

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Thank's for the info. and the pics Colina, those are legendary DC shots!!
DC it's one of my 5 fauvorites without doubt:dueling:

Un saludo:respect:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmm nice chunky pix Core ...cant see nanners there... have u found any?

this should be very very rare in the dc line. i never saw any and we grew over 100 seeds last years indoors, and at least the same number in the outdoorz. the dc i send to denmark were the fn+2 generation ...think Esbe or Maffe had a little nanner if i remember well... so if he used this plant for in-or-out crossing, than the hermie potential was probably passed in the next generation

mmmh wel i found a few on one of the 2 pheno's i had....and you could be on the money with your assumption....does't mind realy,i chucked this nice awsome pheno away for that.....

i know tom worked it...it woz just an expresssion

ohw yea X..... does it has to be fn+2 or TH+2 ???...i thought it woz TH (tom hill)plus 2 generations?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DC fn
DC10-5.jpg

DC fn+1...day 35 of 12/12 :D
DC4.jpg

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
high'

Raco - alwayz good to see the old čhunkies jeje :D

Core - fn' is probably better cuz it's more universal but i would understand if some1 writes "dc th+..."

bandite777 ...not all were grown by me... but im well-connected with most local friends and saw nearly all plants at different stages. also the growerz more outside-our-area were very impressed with this line

All grow big leaf + strong stem with little heigh difference (if germination was equal and grow conditions are similar) ...also flower-time and bud-density is uniform... as well as the royal purple color comes out on every plant. aroma/taste is unmistakable, once smok3d DC, cant forget or compare this unique type of smell and smoke. but resin production and raw potency can be quite different. however i still prefer to grow from seed cuz i have many fn+2 for personal use, & Most chunkz are already more than just good medice but personally i would say the real 0utstanding potent are rare. the best i found was from a random seed-grow 2 years ago (no cuts taken) and the plant refused to reveg. (pure indicas are a bitch at that!) Anyway last year i got a highly similar strong + deep flavorful lady from Toms original "fn" seed-generation. Finally she was happy married with a sweet berry male ...will be tested this year outdoors here where i live... but also interested to see the results in other gardenz

somewhere are already many Dc threads with my pics ...have full gallery atm... some more info on the crosses can be researched in my threads :wink:

ganesh

????? ???
Veteran
Nice Chunks guys.

I should run mine this summer.
Mine are from XyZ via Raco (fn+2) i think, right Raco?

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Well. That settles that. I think I need to get some Deep Chunk in my garden. Holy cow. I love weed, but these are just beautiful and would lend a true sense of Nature to any garden.

K++

Ahh.. I have eyed this strain for some time now.

Would it be good to cross this with Skunk#1?

I may have such genetics on hand in the very near future. (seed form)

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
i only got DC to a decent size plant in veg when i grew it but lost that indoor crop...sad...but a lesson on how she grows....got me itching now yet again to put some more seed in...hate it how these threads do that to me lol.HH. =]-~

N

North

so all you folks that have grow DC.

how far north do you think it'll grow AND finish,or when does it finish at what lats?

I'm inland near the great lakes @45N...what do you think? will it make it?

I'm crossing it if nothing else...with????

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is real coool. Just grabbed a few DC hybrids from Cannacopia, I'm hoping for something special.