What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello Missourians!

Jerry_Garcia

I just asked Gypsy to start a thread for us. I figured since we went medical and dispensaries will be opening soon, a good time for us to get our own sub-forum.

Anyway, welcome everyone!

:smokeit:

F2F

Howdy JG,

I thought I read today/yesterday a couple Missouri dispensaries opened with LONG lines.

Missouri has a fairly decent plant limit for personal medical growers from what I hear. Are you growing under a personal, medical cultivators license or do you grow commercially?

Peace
F2F

Jerry_Garcia

Hi F2F,

Yes, I read that as well - no surprise they had long lines, people have been waiting for months given they were giving out licenses late last year from what I remember. I didn't get mine until February. Once Covid hit and it was obvious we wouldn't see dispensaries open until late in the year, I grabbed my cultivators license.

I grow for personal use and am not a caregiver. So what I am allowed by law is 6 flowering plants, 6 in veg and 6 clones. I had grown before so it really was just a matter of getting a room set up in a new house and get going. I started my grow in late July.

F2F

Thanks JG,

Awesome brother. Good for you. Wishing you well on your present and all future grows!

Howdy! MO Med grower here. Trying to find something to fix my wife. She had an accident 5 1/2 years ago and broke her neck and back in multiple places and is pretty much always in pain to some degree. Been at this for a while now as she applied on day 1 for the license and had it approved within a couple weeks..

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hi F2F,

Yes, I read that as well - no surprise they had long lines, people have been waiting for months given they were giving out licenses late last year from what I remember. I didn't get mine until February. Once Covid hit and it was obvious we wouldn't see dispensaries open until late in the year, I grabbed my cultivators license.

I grow for personal use and am not a caregiver. So what I am allowed by law is 6 flowering plants, 6 in veg and 6 clones. I had grown before so it really was just a matter of getting a room set up in a new house and get going. I started my grow in late July.

That is reasonable. Are they allowed to come and inspect if thy want, ie does growing negate your 4th amendment rights?

Jerry_Garcia

That is reasonable. Are they allowed to come and inspect if thy want, ie does growing negate your 4th amendment rights?

This is how the law reads:

"If a patient cultivation identification card holder fails to immediately make
available access to his or her patient cultivation facility upon request from the department, the patient cultivation identification
card will be revoked."

Jerry_Garcia

Someone said they are getting $125/8. What a joke.

Yup, I heard the same. Right now it is a supply and demand situation. Supply just isn't there yet. I heard only 2 cultivation facilities had product tested and ready for sale to dispensaries. It should even out at some point but right now the prices are absolutely ridiculous! The black market will remain alive and well until prices come down significantly.

redlaser

Veteran
I saw people paying 125$ for two 1/8’s in Mo. online, still piracy but similar prices exist in California despite years of med weed and a few of “ legal” weed.
Luckily there are cheaper options, hopefully it won’t take years for Missouri to make cheaper options available to card holders.
Not a lot of growers licensed and the requirements for a card seem overly strict.
Nice to have a home grow, but that right to search is overly severe - price wise.

So what are you kids growing here? As I mentioned before I'm trying to find something for the wife.. I tried some of BOGs gear and it made her too stoned and tired.. She still works full time so she can't be messed up and neither of us are big smokers to begin with.. So now I am trying some Mr. Nice Neville's Haze and Super Silver Haze to see if that uplifting high will solve some of her problems.. 3 1/2 weeks into flowering so we still have a ways to go, but so far everything looks fantastic. Once things get a little farther along I will snap some shots..

What say you all?

Rembetis

Ace Lebanese is a really nice, balanced strain. Wont leave you dragging the next day. It is easy to grow, 50 to 70 day flower depending on what pheno's you get

LostTribe

Premium user
I'd look for hybrids if she was feeling too stoned from the bog. Most of his things from the bubble offerings are fairly indica. You will need to look more at the forum info in the strains threads to see what might fit the bill.

Cool Moe

Veteran
Is there such a thing as a caregiver looking for patient in the 314? Haven't gottn my card yet, thought I'd watch the rollout for a minute first.

F2F

So what are you kids growing here? As I mentioned before I'm trying to find something for the wife.. I tried some of BOGs gear and it made her too stoned and tired.. She still works full time so she can't be messed up and neither of us are big smokers to begin with.. So now I am trying some Mr. Nice Neville's Haze and Super Silver Haze to see if that uplifting high will solve some of her problems.. 3 1/2 weeks into flowering so we still have a ways to go, but so far everything looks fantastic. Once things get a little farther along I will snap some shots..

What say you all?

Hiya BB,

I’ve no experience with MJ for pain treatment. SSH might work, guessing NH not likely but I don’t know.

You should check out the Medicinal cannabis sub-forum here on IC. Lots of experienced folks on there who could help guide you on strain selection to address your wife’s needs.

Peace
F2F

There is the patient/caregiver situation but the patient still needs their card and the caregiver would need to register that patient... I can't remember the numbers but a caregiver can have more than one patient, too.. Just never looked too far into it..