What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I thought those no pest strips aren't good for humans. And the ive tried the whole humidity thing, its been 5 years guys ive been battling these demons lol only thing i havent tried is to tear down and start fresh. They call them the borg for a reason.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah...

That's my understanding as well...

NO PEST STRIPS ARE TOXIC for animals... period!
And we humans fit that classification.

Koondense

Veteran
How are they toxic? I think not safe to eat but harmless when used properly.
I use the sticky yellow boards for olives and other trees, put them on border of the pots to get rid of gnats. They work perfectly.

Cheers

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Hmmm never heard of the centipede thing. Never seen one on a plant either their always around decaying matter and dank moist places where plants wouldnt grow.

The strips, they were big when i first started growing as a kid but then i was told they were toxic so never used them. I also imagine with proper ventilation they would be useless, but i dont know how they actually work so i could be wrong.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Well set a strip up in a growing room and stay the fuck out of there No fucking BUGS!!!! if you are so fucking paranoid. The bugs will be gone and you will have a safe environment. also do not vent to the outside. You want the shit to stay in there and work! I have been using them since 2004. No fucking BUGS!!!!!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Idk i believe in proper vetilation meaning the air in my room eventually will exit outside. Although i would only hang them during the cleaning process if i used them.

Being that i have pets and a family i would like to keep them in good health. I also smoke cigs and work in the hvac feild so i would like to keep my exposure at home to a min.

I digress, the strips are not a bad idea though :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd rather be IN my room smashing bugs than inhaling that crap on every breath I smoke.
You do as you like.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Lmao every breath i smoke... So i did my measurments for my reflectix i need a total of 314 sqft so a 100ft roll should do it, only thing is their only 16" long so i would have to do multiple strips on one wall which i dont want.

Any suggestions on reflective material for my walls. No white paint or any type of film..

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Thinking about it ill need more than the 16" x 100' roll thats only a hundred sumn sqft. Smh

Klompen

The fact that nothing seems to keep them away suggests to me that they are getting in from outside again. Have you treated the perimeter of the building? Do you do a lot of gardening outside near the grow space?

Also, those little fake lady bugs are very good at killing mites too. They tend to fly into and get fried by HID and CFL lights though. They work best with fluoro tubes or LEDs.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I have hi suspicions that they are coming in from outside , hence why i i wanted to re line my walls and do a better job of sealing off the grow. I definitely will be doing a better job a filtering intake air.

What im having and issue with now is deciding what to line my walls with. I would like soming that isnt a narrow roll seeing that i am lining whole walls with the average measurement of 7'x9'.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Okay 314sqft of reflectix needed gonna be about 120 bucks biggest ive seen is 4'x25' for 54 bucks on amazon.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Pics

Pics

Heres a couple pics of the space.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Get a steam cleaner and blast the room.
Only need one stray egg and boom they be back.
You Def need a strong IPM in place.

I ditched a room not long ago for the same reason.
BleachClean/ steam all your equipment.

I heard insect frass in a tea works great for eggs.
And sulphur for the mites.

Also there is a product on eBay called
Oh shite I've got spidermites. It works quiet well, is cheap and will not poison you
Or your plants. Try it.
I think it's an essential oil blend as you can smell the lemon in it.
It actually smells good.

All the big green houses use predator mites
Which I used to different effects, if you get the climate right

Good luck.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Was thinking about steaming the room but idk because ill be lining floor and walls maybe an unnecessary expense..:dunno:

Koondense

Veteran
I just checked my yellow sticky boards and they're good for ecological farming, zero chemicals apart from glue for catching insects.
Seems the color + glue do all the job.

Cheers

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I have hi suspicions that they are coming in from outside , hence why i i wanted to re line my walls and do a better job of sealing off the grow. I definitely will be doing a better job a filtering intake air.

What im having and issue with now is deciding what to line my walls with. I would like soming that isnt a narrow roll seeing that i am lining whole walls with the average measurement of 7'x9'.

I have a problem with bugs coming in from outside too.

I normally spray the bushes outside several times a year to kill of any bugs that are on them. Doing this helps me prevent a possible large amount of bugs from coming inside.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Yes i was having that issue to i recently cleared alot of brush that was in the back of my house. Definitely need to seal things better, bugs come in through the tiniest crack.

Latest posts

Latest posts