What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best LED lights on the market

Koondense

Veteran
In any case, vipars are not in league of best lights on the market. Nothing will change that, except if they put out a new model withgreat specs.

You know, I'm very happy with my old Škoda, it drives me everywhere i want... but I'd never put it in same league as Mercedes or Ferrari. That's a fact :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I can't disagree there, Koondense. But I don't know how much better Viparspectras could be, or how much bigger or better my buds could be. Point being, they do the job.

You can spend more, you can find better specs, but at the end of the day, all a light has to do for me is grow weed well.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In any case, vipars are not in league of best lights on the market. Nothing will change that, except if they put out a new model withgreat specs.

You know, I'm very happy with my old Škoda, it drives me everywhere i want... but I'd never put it in same league as Mercedes or Ferrari. That's a fact :)

LOL the difference though is a Skoda gets you from point A to point B, with zero loss once you get to point B,

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't disagree there, Koondense. But I don't know how much better Viparspectras could be, or how much bigger or better my buds could be. Point being, they do the job.

You can spend more, you can find better specs, but at the end of the day, all a light has to do for me is grow weed well.

"At the end of the day" the downfall of crappy lights are several;

airy buds leave a lot of potential THC and weight behind.

For the same amount of time and effort, why not make it the best it can be? If you only get 10% more each grow, by learning what a better light source is, you'll know why it's worth it

Better quality and more of it

EcoNepenthe

My 2 cents

My 2 cents

If one is handy, I say go DIY. Whether COBs or Quantum boards.
They will =/surpass bulbs by far.
I DIY....COBs Rock!!! A 3'x6' rig of 5 200watt rows of Cree CXB3590.
Always top quality buds, regardless of pot size.
I used Timber Grow Lights and Cutter (https://www.cutter.com.au/ So many ...albumid=77103&pictureid=1852660&thumb=1[/img]

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
"

For the same amount of time and effort, why not make it the best it can be?

Because I'm not a Bruce Wayne-type millionaire. I'm sure a Lamborghini is a better car than my Chevy, why not buy one and make it the best it can be? Same reason, $$$.

I'll give you this- the name of the thread is BEST LED Lights on the market, and I am not claiming viparspectras are the BEST.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I guess the point here, or a point, is that the chevy might be two or three or more times the inefficiency of the brand new lambo and in the end it might well arguably just pay off over all to save up for the lambo, for one thing you might get to enjoy speeding even more (aka arguably better quality/quantity nugs), and pay half the amount on fuel than the old tech chevy is using per horse power or mile. It's not the best analogy but it works.

Everyone is expecting high return for every watt these days, rightly so imo, and it does depend on scale to an extent and how well all of your other growth factors are controlled. For me it doesn't take many grows before lights of a better efficiency per watt pay off.

i've only bought the '3' 300w vipars, and i can tell u they... b l o w ... 3 of them in a 4x3.5ft tent and the growth was pitiful... i gave em away..

maybe these cob's , much more $$$ led's are great, but at the moment my '2' 315 cmh in the above tent seem to be working 'ok' certainly not 1000w hps's , but ok...

You've got less that 50 watts per square foot. You don't have enough light, not for flowering anyway.

Greenseea

For 1,5mx1,5m I'll go with strips F-series cost around (600eur) with all taxes etc...digikey and led gardener forum... all u need
But if u are not DiY type of person go straight to HLG at todogrowled (Spain) u can get kits or HLG550 in a range of 700-900eur with taxes included.
Another distributor from East Europe will start soon selling HLGs in about a week or two...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because I'm not a Bruce Wayne-type millionaire. I'm sure a Lamborghini is a better car than my Chevy, why not buy one and make it the best it can be? Same reason, $$$.

I'll give you this- the name of the thread is BEST LED Lights on the market, and I am not claiming viparspectras are the BEST.

The problem is it's no chevy. I can't even think of a shitty car t compare it to

Greenseea

HLG 300 is better and same price for EU...
go to todoledgrow and see what he have atm on stock...
maby kit for 250eur is ideal for what u looking for...

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
you need 50 posts to delete mate.

I just got a 135w HLG kit through todogrow,, bit annoyed two days later he added the V2 :mad:

But It seems almost on a par with a 315 CMH imo and the penetration is brilliant. I bet that the 200 odd watt models will more than equal 315 CMHs.. Like so many before me I am also super impressed :tiphat:

I'm impressed by the offerings at Timber
http://timbergrowlights.com

I most certainly don't work for them or any grow light company btw...

What I'm curious about though is the prospect of assembling all the same components that TIMBER uses (be it cob or q-board) to include all the odds and ends necessary just how much $$ one could save. I'm thinking 4 COBs for a 2x2 grow tent.

CannaN00b

i've only bought the '3' 300w vipars, and i can tell u they... b l o w ... 3 of them in a 4x3.5ft tent and the growth was pitiful... i gave em away..

maybe these cob's , much more $$$ led's are great, but at the moment my '2' 315 cmh in the above tent seem to be working 'ok' certainly not 1000w hps's , but ok...

You run two 315w cmhs in a 4x3.5 tent? I'm interested in that... I want to do a single fixture dual bulb 630 cmh or two 315w single bulb set ups but worry it would be too much heat to manage in a 4x4. How are you finding it?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
You run two 315w cmhs in a 4x3.5 tent? I'm interested in that... I want to do a single fixture dual bulb 630 cmh or two 315w single bulb set ups but worry it would be too much heat to manage in a 4x4. How are you finding it?

in nov-march heat is no problem- i use a 6'' clip-on fan blowing over the plants inside the tent, and have another 12'' fan outside the tent blowing in... i have the top flaps open to exhaust the hot air (hot air rises ..i think) - i just think that 2x315 is a bit shy in a 4x3.5 tent - i'm thinking of adding some led's... or trying out 1000hps tho then i mite have a problem with excess heat-

my problem is at nite, the temp's have gone down to mid/low 50's- and after spending the day in the mid/high 70's , i think that big gap in temp's mite stunt the growth a bit, tho all my plants looked heathly...

Latest posts

Latest posts