What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star Crash 2018

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yup, that really sucks.

Sorry to hear. Chunky took a big hit too. All that work.....

Drumskinz

Yeah Star that really sux... I’m in a similar situation as you and also Chunky. My vegetable garden was completely underwater back in the beginning of August after almost 8 inches of rain in 3 hours. All of hootch plants have been drenched too and knocked down. They recovered after days of work but not as well as they could have been. I have been defoliating like crazy these last few days just to get some airflow happening. Snipped off quite a few branches with mold. I’ve looked at all my plants buds under high powered handheld microscope and about 75% of plants are ready to harvest. Like you said Star weight and quality is sure gonna be affected from this crappy NY weather. What a drag!!!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got purples & greens

I got purples & greens

Oh man, sorry to hear.

hoping for the best

Yup, that really sucks.

Sorry to hear. Chunky took a big hit too. All that work.....

Yeah Star that really sux... I’m in a similar situation as you and also Chunky. My vegetable garden was completely underwater back in the beginning of August after almost 8 inches of rain in 3 hours. All of hootch plants have been drenched too and knocked down. They recovered after days of work but not as well as they could have been. I have been defoliating like crazy these last few days just to get some airflow happening. Snipped off quite a few branches with mold. I’ve looked at all my plants buds under high powered handheld microscope and about 75% of plants are ready to harvest. Like you said Star weight and quality is sure gonna be affected from this crappy NY weather. What a drag!!!

10 day forecast is for mostly rain:ying: such is life ...
picture.php
picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
Sorry about the crappy weather. At least you are learning which strains can grow here, no matter the weather. You can load up on those girls for next year.

Is that GG4 that went purp?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which strains are those star? Even with the terrible forcast, those look to be pretty nice looking.

Sorry about the crappy weather. At least you are learning which strains can grow here, no matter the weather. You can load up on those girls for next year.

Is that GG4 that went purp?

Mendo Breath went purple GG#4 stayed green

these are the 2 strains to run in a situation such as we've had this year ... everything else rotted beyond harvest-able respectability ...the GG#4 was a champion by a wide margin especially when it came to disease resistance ... i managed to also harvest 2 Stardog's (stinky plants)

it was sad to see so much loss in the field,but i've accepted it ..last 2 days were busy ...we harvested quite a few plants & i was able to keep the landowner very happy and at the same time took the very best plants for myself, also i had another friend with me whom was allowed to help me get my share out of the field and back home ...everything is hung that i care about & i feel much relief ...let me repeat that >>> i feel much relief like a huge weight has been lifted off me:woohoo: tons of cleaning trimming once they dry, but there is a lot of good flower in here for me to work with...these plants were simply cut and hung as is i wanted them OUT of the field
picture.php

packerfan79

Veteran
Watch the mendobreath carefully, they will mold during dry. Hasn't happened to me, but I have seen it in other gardens.

U

useless.gardens

I would use a dehumidifier in that hang dry area with all those bushes.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you're getting some returns for your hard work. :good:

Watch the mendobreath carefully, they will mold during dry. Hasn't happened to me, but I have seen it in other gardens.

Looks like a pretty decent haul even with the bad weather.

Nice! I’m glad you can start to relax a bit.

I would use a dehumidifier in that hang dry area with all those bushes.

there is a lot of flower under all that leaf:biggrin: this is a Stardawg nug
picture.php

here's the dehumidifier (it's pulling a ton of water out of that room)

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
quick update

quick update

That's definitely a major win for you. I see at least ten plants. Should be bags of concentrate for you when all is said and done.

been busy processing ...another week to go i should be done & i'm up to my neck in shatter ... i'll try to get some pics up soon

peace

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

Shattered, in many ways

[youtubeif]1BjQYQ5p2Ko[/youtubeif]

Star do you hang them until you get a nice snap on the branch or take it down a little before then???

What's the final verdict? I'm curious how your shatter batches are coming out!

glad the season is over ...been kind of depressed & i'm taking a break from growing for awhile to regroup , it's been a long continual indoor > outdoor > indoor > outdoor ...etc

here's some >>> (GG#4 )

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reduce your workload so ur not so stressed about it. I put in a few plants to flower and keep the rest in veg until I'm reinvigorated. Growing can become boring. Doing the same thing day in day out it gets to ya. This is the biggest reason I don't keep cuts around for long. Finding new killer ladies makes it much more enjoyable. out with the old in with the new.