What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2500w of Samsung QB

knuckles

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Completely filled and rocking,loving the cooler weather,temps hoovering around 80 degrees..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Hey buddy. I'm struggling a bit this time round. Trying to match umol figures in books, that are beyond my expectations. Your grow looks good. Have you been around it with any sort of light meter? I'm at about 1600w of QB over your space, but somewhat closer to the plants. My feed demands are astronomical, so I simply can't run 2500w as you are, but have 2850 installed (If I could use it all)

knuckles

Veteran
Hey buddy. I'm struggling a bit this time round. Trying to match umol figures in books, that are beyond my expectations. Your grow looks good. Have you been around it with any sort of light meter? I'm at about 1600w of QB over your space, but somewhat closer to the plants. My feed demands are astronomical, so I simply can't run 2500w as you are, but have 2850 installed (If I could use it all)

Thanks for the compliment,no I haven’t taken any light measurements yet,l think I have a fairly even conopy,I’m using 25+ gallons per day in water and some plants are drying out within hrs in a 3 gallon air pot..

Zomboy

Veteran
How hot do your drivers get? If i dont have a small fan on mine they get so hot that I can barely touch them. And some of the connectors that I use to extend the DC power cable get real hot to the touch too. Just want to see if you have similar experience.

knuckles

Veteran
How hot do your drivers get? If i dont have a small fan on mine they get so hot that I can barely touch them. And some of the connectors that I use to extend the DC power cable get real hot to the touch too. Just want to see if you have similar experience.

To tell you the truth,I’ve never touched the driver or the heat sink,I don’t even look up as I value my eyesight...lol,I do have a couple of inline fans blowing across the top of the lights...my room never goes above 82 in the cooler months,in the dead of winter mid/high 70s is normal in the room...

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics

Thats all normal.. the hlg drivers can run up around 50-70 C or higher.. usually too hot to touch.

Koondense

Veteran
+1
connectors should have the same temperature as the wires. If they're hotter it means a bad connection which could get worse and even start a fire.
Careful when checking turn the lights off to prevent any chance of shock.

hayday

Veteran
That is a bad ass garden knuckles. I would grow flat if I could do it like you do. All my flat LED plants droop like they dont dig the light. Vert though,Yeah Baby!

Zomboy

Veteran
+1
connectors should have the same temperature as the wires. If they're hotter it means a bad connection which could get worse and even start a fire.
Careful when checking turn the lights off to prevent any chance of shock.

Thats what i was worried about. I guess I’ll break everything down and double check them.

Cantharellus

Very nice knuckles. Are you running those at full power and those buds look about a foot away from the lights in the picture. How close are they ?

knuckles

Veteran
Thanks guys!yes I’m running them full on...and yes some tops are 12inches or closer,I’m very limited in height (6:7) total..

Crowmax

Veteran
Hi knuckles , thanks for sharing this beautiful grow

Can you please tell me, after all this time running the HLGs, how you compare them with your old 6x600w hps light setup?

Take care

knuckles

Veteran
Hi knuckles , thanks for sharing this beautiful grow

Can you please tell me, after all this time running the HLGs, how you compare them with your old 6x600w hps light setup?

Take care

Sorry for the late response (under the weather). First thing is the heat has been cut by 40%, which is huge bonus
Also I can get the plants much closer to the fixtures,and the light canopy is way more evenly spread out over my 4 x16 area..I am getting a better product as well,and have found my plants finishing quicker too..I do have have far red coming on after the 12/12 cycle ends for 10 minutes.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Yeah, I notice my 9 week strains finishing like 7-10 days earlier under my hlg550v2's...Been running hps for almost 20 years, so it was a shocker for me. The quality n yield is up to par also. I'm ditching all of my hps now!!

OP

Latest posts

Latest posts