What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jact55 Landrace Thread

thejact55

Hello all, showing my work over the last year, on my landrace based strains. So Far RSC has taken the front seat, but plenty of Ace, Cannabiogen, Tropical, Seedsman, and many others to come.

Outdoor Sinai 2015:

Had two females and 3 males (not pictured) out of 8 seeds. buds were fluffy, but smoke very well. resin was light until the last couple weeks. Smell was out a resin/wood and backdrops of a tangy sweetness. These almost had auto flower traits, as they started flowering in June! One taken middle of Septermber (a little early), and the other taken early october (just right). Smoke is smooth, and effect mellow. Not to racey, nor too overpowering. Being a light smoker, this was just the ticket.

thejact55

This is my early winter Seed Run plants. No smoke able bud was taken, seeded from day one. First two pictures are Sinai. One Red pheno, due to cold temps. Smell was a little different than the outdoor run. A Tangy sweet smell for both plants. They were both pollinated from one vigorous male, with a heavy smell of Resin. All were grown in 1 gallon bags, 12/12 from almost day one. The second 2 pictures are my Malana's, also from RSC. The first malana was the most vigourous and quickest to finish. It smelled of a musty swamp, like a cottonwood grove on a summerday, with more dense floral structure. The second was a wonderful smell. The most creamy, buttery sweet smell I have ever encountered. I could only think this is the "Malana Cream" smell that is talked about. Very airy structure of bud, with almost a single calyx structure. Both malana seeds finished before the Sinai plants, which I found odd.

The last picture is my seed harvest. I estimate around 500 seeds a Malana, and 300 seeds of Sinai. Planning to use these for crosses in the coming years.

thejact55

My current project. RSC Nanda Devi. Again, just over 1 gallons of soil, and 12/12 from almost day one (and now 11/13). 2 females and 5 males, with one deformed male being tossed. 100% germination!. The two females were open pollinated from all 5 males, and seed are forming nicely. Smell is of a resin/sweetness. The taller of the two females will be my future breeding stock, love her HUGE leaves. I am not sure about the other female. No good bud structure, and has odd deformities and structure that are unique, but probably not good.

thejact55

Upcoming for the Summer outdoors... RSC Lebanese, and Chitrali. Ace Purple Paki and Mr. Nice "Spice (hawaiian sativa x hawaiian indica)
I might try a spring run of Cannabiogen Jarilla for seeds, before the heat of the summer makes indoors a gamble.

thejact55

This is the best female, by far. Healthy stature and decent production, as well as sufficient resin production. Smells actually similar to my indoor Sinai. Tangy sweet dominant, with smell of resin. Great health with no curled leaves or yellowing. I really like this plant. I have added no additional nutrients, beyond what is in the soil. Also I think the extra 1/2 or 3/4 gallon of soil has helped, in comparison to my previous Malana run. I expect around 3-400 seeds from her.

This is my runt. I suspect I will toss her before she is done. Smell is blah, and production is lacking. with such a better specimen to spare, I dont see her making it. At least it can finally stand on its own

thejact55

Thank you for the kind words. That's the name of my game right now. Build seed stock to really dive into these genetics in the coming years. Best of luck to your ventures as well.

Roms

Veteran
Bonne suite '55, thanx for sharing!
Your red Sinaï looks bien bien, it reminds me the Lebanese... Nice cross project imo!

thejact55

I have a pack of Lebanese lined up for this summer. Might try to find a red pheno and use the two strain to isolate some consistent red hues in the future. Thanks for taking a peek at the garden.

thejact55

Neat, RSC has some nice genetics. I still have some Kuomani. Nanda Devi & Gwarlhi shiva

Hi brown trout.
I have seen some of your work on another forum (*****). I have the Kuomani on back-burner, but I am not sure if I will ever get to them lol. Have you grown the shiva yet? How was that strain, if you have popped em...

thejact55

have you got some close up of the buds of the malane calyx only structure please ?

I might have a couple. Give me a couple days to get back from my travels. They might be a little lacking, as I kept them in 1 gallon pots and fully pollinated them right off the bat? But I'll see what I can find.

thejact55

Malana #2-2.jpg
Malana #2-5.jpg

These are really all I have, sorry. This is the same plant. It had more of the "airy" single calyx build. The other plant had a more dense structure. like I said, seeded immediately, and kept restricted in one gallon pots, so it doesnt do this plant justice. The smell of this one was a buttery creamy sweet smell. I could only imagine this is the
"malana cream" trait that is spoken of.

thejact55

105_2229.jpg
105_2234.jpg

Here is my current project. Strains are The Real Seed Company's Chitrali and Lebanese, and Ace's Paki Kush.

I started with 26 seeds, 100 percent germination. I have culled 4 plants so far (2-Chitrali and 2- Aces Paki), due to deformity, or lack of vigor. So I have left, 7 Chitrali, 9 Lebanese and 6 Ace's Paki. Some will go outside for full growth, some will stay indoors and be pollinated for future seeds stock. I have 4 Chitrali Females and 2 Pakis that have shown preflowers, I suspect one more paki and maybe one more Chitrali may be female, but have given no proof either way. I know of a couple male Lebanese, but none have shot pistils yet.
The top photo is a sample of all three strains. Left to Right- Aces' Paki, with the widest leaf structure, then Chitrali, then the lebanese. The lebs are all super short with tight nodes, and more elongated leaves then the other two strains. I have 2 phenos of Chitrali, most are taller/average structure, but 2 plants are super short with great side branching already. The Pakis are pretty uniform, with a standard Kush structure, and short wide leaves.
The bottom photo is just a group shot of the over-growing of my tent. I should have some outside next week, and then the rest split into different tents and rooms for breeding.

Manivelle

Veteran
thank you . this sinai seems interesting .

View attachment 360546
View attachment 360547

These are really all I have, sorry. This is the same plant. It had more of the "airy" single calyx build. The other plant had a more dense structure. like I said, seeded immediately, and kept restricted in one gallon pots, so it doesnt do this plant justice. The smell of this one was a buttery creamy sweet smell. I could only imagine this is the
"malana cream" trait that is spoken of.

thejact55

The Sinai was one of my favorites. Great yeild and structure. It started flowering early June (northern hemisphere). Almost an auto trait, but took till mid October to finish. I will use this in crosses in the future. Definetly try it out.

thejact55

I put the spice on hold for now. The Chitrali are going good. I have 2 females outside for bud production, and 3 females inside to pollinate and seed with a couple males. Look up above, the Chitrali is grown with some lebanese and aces paki kush. I'll have updated pics soon.