What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC Nanda Devi and Kumaoni

Gemüse

Hey Landrace Lovers:ying:

I thougt i might share some Himalayan Strains from Real Seed Company. Really love the appearance and lovely effect, which can be very strong if overdone. Comes best with vaporizer in my opinion.

picture.php

Nanda Devi Big Plant which finished 3 weeks faster than smaller plants. For sure my favourite plant in this years Garden with no Botrytis and stem rot Problems. Made plenty of seeds from this one with biggest Nanda Devi male. Really small dark seeds.

picture.php

Nanda Devi flowers

picture.php

Vegetative Growth is really fast with these Plants even with only compost and almost no feeding.

take care and feel free to join the thread with your Himalyan Strains

greetings gemüse

Gemüse

Nanda Devi and Kumaoni

Nanda Devi and Kumaoni

picture.php

Nanda Devi harvest Left
picture.php

small Nanda Devi Plant later pheno.

picture.php

Kumaoni in the Greenhouse last year. strong high and spicy citrus Aroma.

picture.php

Rinse

Veteran
Mmm highland sativa's, great pics G, which is the earliest of the 2 and which is your overall favourite?

Gemüse

Mmm highland sativa's, great pics G, which is the earliest of the 2 and which is your overall favourite?

Hey Rinse happy to see you in the thread. Both Lines are finishing at around the first days of November here at 50N with mild vine climate. Of coure lots of Varation in both Lines: smaller plants, very big plants, mango aroma, citrus, earth aroma. Not the typical skunk aroma. All share happy meditative high which i like. Gets things going if you harvest early. I have three more Nanda devi still in the garden for overripe stoned effect for evening vaporising. really just happy vibration with these plants..
Also made my first ever attempt to make some charras hash, as these plants are mostly used for this purpose. Had plenty of resin on my Hands but a hard time getting in of from there. my grandma watching me thaught im crazy to do so much work for so little output :biggrin: Making some grams from this hash sure takes some patience!

greetings gemüse

Gemüse

beautiful

Hey curbiechris :ying:
Thank you, i also really like the appearance of these plants looked different from any other strain i had this year.

picture.php

Later Nanda devi plant 3 wee.ks longer than early very big plants but this was growing with very limited space so still good result.

picture.php

Nanda devi (left) and Laos x congo (ace seeds) nice smokes before some garden work

Gemüse

Why burn when you can vaporize

Why burn when you can vaporize

:biggrin:

picture.php

Best and very clean energetic effect Comes from vaporizing at not to hot temperature in my opinion.

picture.php

This plant was growing like a spear due to lack of light.

thejact55

Thanks for sharing Gemuse.

I just recently bought both of these strains. How was the germination rate? I have heard the Devi is a little on the low side.

Thanks

Gemüse

Damn I wanted to buy a pack of the Nanda Devi. I hope ya enjoy the smoke Gemuse!

Hey Aquaponicos thanks for passing by in the thread. I really recommend you the Nanda Devi strain. Great if you are looking for a good sativa experience at colder climates. And make sure you make some seeds with open polination on the first time growing these strains. This way you will preserve the line and adapt more to your growing place. I indeed enjoy the Smoking but mostly really the vaporising. happy high really :ying:

Gemüse

Thanks for sharing Gemuse.

I just recently bought both of these strains. How was the germination rate? I have heard the Devi is a little on the low side.

Thanks

hey the jact 55, happy to hear you also have These strains. Make sure you upload some pictures here :biggrin: Nanda Devi seeds are half the size of Kumaoni seeds. i got the nanda devi strain as free seeds when ordering kumaoni so i guess they were old seeds. Some seeds didnt germinate but there were a lot of seeds in the pack so no worries.

take care gemüse

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Nice grow, when did you start the seeds? I want to see how the 2nd generation turns out next year!

Gemüse

Nice grow, when did you start the seeds? I want to see how the 2nd generation turns out next year!

greetings Thule thank you !
I started the seeds in the first week of may so quite late into the season. Still overgrew all the other varietes:biggrin:also look Forward to see the results from the seeds but lets see what next season will bring :ying:

picture.php

flowers from later phenotypes uncured

browntrout

Veteran
I've grown the nanda devi, has some positive vibes and very resinous. Holds a lot of nutrients and wasn't there in the taste for me. Interested in growing the kumaoni, is it any earlier than the nanda?

BT

Gemüse

I've grown the nanda devi, has some positive vibes and very resinous. Holds a lot of nutrients and wasn't there in the taste for me. Interested in growing the kumaoni, is it any earlier than the nanda?

BT

hey browntrout good to hear you also liked the Nanda Devi. Taste is different for sure Kind of sour hay / earth/ rotten mango is what i would discribe it but my nose is not too good :biggrin: Totally different from Skunk 1, ace genetics, or street buy, but i think with this line you should look for the effect . Some selection for taste and resins should be done, and im sure the outcome would be good, but lots of space is needed for this. Kumaoni Comes with wider and mostly 5 fingered leaves at vegetative growth. Both strains finished at around the first days of November here, of course some later and earlier phenotypes. I didnt grow enough Kumaoni plants to tell more but will try again next year.

Sivas

Hello, really nice photos and of course plant and vegetables, you enjoy growing and smoking for sure. me too :D Just wanted to ask how did you germinate the nanda devi... have you planted seeds directly into the soil, or pre-germinte and then put into soil, thx ...will be growing them this year. thank you for all the info in this thread. S

C

Cannabisso

You could use the paper towel method for germinating your seeds or directly sow them.

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
hey browntrout good to hear you also liked the Nanda Devi. Taste is different for sure Kind of sour hay / earth/ rotten mango is what i would discribe it but my nose is not too good :biggrin: Totally different from Skunk 1, ace genetics, or street buy, but i think with this line you should look for the effect . Some selection for taste and resins should be done, and im sure the outcome would be good, but lots of space is needed for this. Kumaoni Comes with wider and mostly 5 fingered leaves at vegetative growth. Both strains finished at around the first days of November here, of course some later and earlier phenotypes. I didnt grow enough Kumaoni plants to tell more but will try again next year.

The thing is these plants have so much temp flux in their nature they can withstand to grow 2-3 weeks longer than most strains. I had my Nanda x hybrid finish in late oct and was budding strong the whole way.

BT