What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

xmas bud 1979

rolandomota

Well I have been looking at haze 13 from sativa seed bank at seedboutique for some herbal pine sativa like from back in those days.:plant grow: I like hot box too its from seedbay I need to just get these already just that they are a little old those hot box I think. Swazi safari is a pine sativa also I just don't want old seed so I guess its the main reason I don't buy these. Punto rojo by Cannabiogen and double Thai from ace seeds are also pine types in some plants. I still have to buy these all man I just don't have deep pockets so I can't buy what I would like to. I like this kind of Christmas pine flavor its different than the more sweet pine I have encountered. Its not a Christmas tree type of pine its different fresh sweet pine. I do have some stuff that can give me this kind of xmas flavor just rare to find those and blueberry ones from the same genepool. Its a cross i made. But never mind all that its personal seed. I love making seeds! And to answer your question yes flavor and smell exists in cannabis. Sadly these kinds of smells and flavors are not present much in modern imports. Its not just one strain.

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
This thread is 3 years old! Damn! Does anyone now days know of any further information regarding "1979 Xmas Bud" all I know it that a dude by the username of "Ndnguy" kept these preserved where he got them I haven't a clue but would like to know if possible and also I hear it's a old Affie (Afghanistan) landrace select probably.... If any legitimate information is out there please chime in

rolandomota

Pine tar kush might make a come back seeds are being made by a member here i think this might be related to that old x-mas weed.

Zitz

I tried something called Xmas bud once and it remains one of the best things to have coated my lungs. :)

Light green semi dense nugs with reddish "hair", pine skunk in aroma and flavour...
But not the rotten/dank skunk or the amsterdam sweet skunk,
more like fresh forest skunk lol.
I assume it to be Afghan related, defo outdoor.

Betterhaff

Veteran
We had some Colombian from around that time, maybe a little earlier, that carried the name Christmas Tree. The buds were multicolor with green, brown, tan, and red. Was very good.

.357 mag

it aint bad
i didnt find an xmas pheno but smoke was good
i handed out about 500 seeds on another site
i'll ask my bud xbrpete if he has any pics of his keeper pheno

.357 mag

i got the beans from farmerjoe
who got them from an oldtimer ,i believe the oldtoimer has passed away but not positive

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
who got them from an oldtimer ,i believe the oldtoimer has passed away but not positive

Do you know anyone that knows the origins of the 1979 xmas bud?

Like is it a true afghani or a afghani outcross?
I'm growing a few right now and am curious to know the origins :)

Cannavore

Veteran
likely an affie or affie/nl

northeast outdoor bud that came around during the holidays

smelled like a christmas wreath, piney, savory, dank.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
i didnt find an xmas pheno but smoke was good
i handed out about 500 seeds on another site

I've received some of those beans bro, I remember your handle... thanks for your kindness. I've handed them to a reliable friend for testing and reproducing them properly along with other hashplants so I'm pretty sure the Xmas Bud'79 will be alive and well! ;)

Can't wait to test them out soon! I've seen some impressive pics that definitely resemble to some kind of classic hashplants, so I'm inclined to think they are just old kushes like the DC, X18, Bubba and so on. I remembe Ndnguy mentioning they were sourced from Gainesville? :tiphat:

Impressive pics uloaded by Shamus on another site:

wmdnI9b.jpg

LAFJq0U.jpg

iCRuXgQ.jpg

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Thanks thats helpful I recall the Gainesville part too. So maybe this is some hash plant heiring from the hindu kush region?

Either way were making progress in this thread thx mustafunk

Cannavore

Veteran
the seeds that came from ndnguy are not from gainesville afaik. that was shamus talking about gainesville weed. it's just an unknown afghani that he grew outdoors. which makes sense because it only came around at the end of the growing season (nov/dec). the guy that passed them out didn't know much more than what has already been said in this thread.

i plan on working with these in the future.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Xmas bud seems to be a very interisting old line for sure... Does anyone grow or plan to preserve others affies from Ndnguy like the line from Herat ?

.357 mag

I've received some of those beans bro, I remember your handle... thanks for your kindness. I've handed them to a reliable friend for testing and reproducing them properly along with other hashplants so I'm pretty sure the Xmas Bud'79 will be alive and well! ;)

Can't wait to test them out soon! I've seen some impressive pics that definitely resemble to some kind of classic hashplants, so I'm inclined to think they are just old kushes like the DC, X18, Bubba and so on. I remembe Ndnguy mentioning they were sourced from Gainesville? :tiphat:

Impressive pics uloaded by Shamus on another site:

View Image

View Image

View Image

very cool and thanks for the kind words
some thinks imma ass and quick off the hip but thats life ;)
also sent out was xmas x ghost og (some fire there)
xmas x ma gooey
xmas x bubba
and i think one more
also heard the codeblue x deadhead og is some killer smoke

.357 mag

Does Ndnguy even get on the forums anymore?

just talked with a bud
peeps are askin him 2 ,but if he will is anyone's guess

my experience with the real "oldskool" is they hate the internet
gotta get digits if ya have the chance imo
and i got a couple im lucky to have

Latest posts

Latest posts