What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

RetroGrow

Veteran
Never had a cup of coffee in my life. Don't even like the smell of it. Like tea though.
If it's antioxidants you crave, look no further than THC/CBD, both very high in antioxidants, as is green tea. I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine. A couple sips of tea gets me buzzing.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
60 posts and nobody has mentioned home roasting. For a bunch of home growers I must say I'm a bit surprised. Not that I've ever done it myself though.

I will be learning the art of roasting very soon. Just got a four pound sampler of green coffee beans from four different regions.

Gotta give Dr. Purpur credit for getting me interested.

picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like Jacobs from Germany, Aroma Rood in Nederland, state side...Cains, Yuban, Bad Ass from Hawaii and black, nothing added. Like the hot or iced chai @ Starsucks, but don't frequent.

H

hard rain

Love my coffee almost as much as cannabis.

Strong black. Grind the beans myself and have one of those stove top Bialetti espresso things. It makes great coffee. I like to add honey rather than sugar.

It's nice to have 11 more reasons to enjoy my cup.:blowbubbles:

fabvariousk

Veteran
I gave up coffee one year ago and it improved many aspects of my life.
I am eating and sleeping better and it is great not waking up in the morning and having to get any other fix other than my cannabis. Not crashing from it and getting pissy is nice as well. I was on Dexedrine for fifteen years then stopped that four years ago and bought an espresso machine.
It is all speed. Speed is just too much damn work to be on.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Jittery about coffee guilt? Feel free to have another cup: regular, moderate coffee consumption may lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes later in life by up to 25%, according to recent research in a report published by the Institute for Scientific Information on Coffee.

(Find out How To Diabetes-Proof Your Life.)

The meta-analysis of 5 studies, updated and rereleased in honor of World Diabetes Day last week, revealed that it takes just three to four cups of coffee throughout the day to get the biggest benefit. But if you cut yourself off at two, not to worry, since each cup of coffee cuts your overall risk by 7-8 percent, according to the report.

How does bean brew do it? More and more, researchers are crediting chlorogenic acid (CGA), which has been shown in studies to delay the absorption of glucose in the body.

“Chronic inflammation is also an important processes in insulin resistance,” explains Siamak Bidel, MD, PHD, professor at the University of Helsinki.

In control trials, coffee drinking was associated with high levels of an anti-inflammatory marker.

Another plus: coffee packs polyphenols, the compounds found in dark chocolate and red wine that damage free radicals and act as antioxidants.

“Coffee consumption may also mediate levels of gut peptides, have prebiotic-like properties, altering gut flora, and ultimately digestion,” says Dr. Bidel.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/nutrition/how-coffee-cuts-your-diabetes-risk

gmanwho

Veteran
One thing that bothers me is millions of americans consome alot of coffee from these 3rd world countries that have no pesticide regulations. i would really like to see an analysis of pesticides in your cup of star bucks or dunkin dougnuts.

i know someones gonna respond " buy organic from reputable source " etc etc... save that shit for someone else. thats not the point of my thoughts. its the millions of consumed coffee everyday that gets ingested. the unknowing of whats in it. all these chains want to see is profit profit profit. they'll say " prove you got cancer from drinking a cup of D&D every day for the past 30 years" !!

off rant...
b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
another off topic, kinda . it is said that peanuts is one of the most polluted food you can eat.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
The MAIN reason I drink coffee nearly every day?

The cannabis I'm using makes me tired. I didn't have that effect with Harlequin and I'm looking forward to espresso becoming a 'treat' instead of a 'must.' LOL

Keep it Clean! :D

LEF

Veteran
I've had finals (With team projects) recently

and I was drinking a coffee late in the evening, smoking a spliff and heading to school to study/work on my projects for maybe 2 weeks

it was all good, keep the machine running

but when school ended, I had to detoxify/withdraw (from smoking mass amounts and drinking coffee)

I was one irritable boy

Even if coffee has some benefits, I am sensitive to caffeine, and have a sensitive stomach, I don't see it as beneficial to me.

Also, me too, I perefered to put honey in mine

DarthFader1

Veteran
Can anyone here recommend a really decent coffee machine for the home that does everything? Im talking high end one's but not like 5k lol. More like in the 700-2k region.. Ive looked at those Delonghi Primadonna's they look real good but overpriced maybe?

I too love my coffee, sometimes at night i go to bed looking forward to the morning and making the first cup of coffee to kick off the day. It's my morning ritual every day, but i limit myself to one or 2 strong cups max per day, as i can't imagine anymore than that can be good for you. I get jittery as fk when i OD on coffee.

peace
darth

supermanlives

Veteran
I got old school perk.when its full and hot its for breakfast. once its cold its iced coffee and subject to dilution with whiskey or vodka. redneck rampage yeehaw