What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aceh weed (Indonesia's finest)

Gelado`

Veteran
Actually the Batak are both Christian and Muslim today, but absolutely hold onto their traditions. I'd like to go up to Aceh itself, but it's not the safest place for a foreign stoner I don't think! ;)

I'd rather dine with cannibals if given the choice between that and Christ or Muhammad cult members. Cannibals at least have utilitarian intentions.

Gelado`

Veteran
Aceh and Lake Toba are a great distance apart--no cannibals in Aceh, just lots of separatist violence, earthquakes and tsunamis! Lake Toba will be safer. They'll be happy to see you and take your money out there, and have been for quite a while!

Thanks for the great tips. With a little luck I'll end up with more tips, of the sticky trichome covered variety. Nothing beats choking down horrible tasting exotic brick weed in the jungle. Especially if its really seedy and you find some viable specimens to take home. Every Sativa aficionado I've met always ends up recommending Indonesia, without fail. There must be something unique about it that ms/ gc can determine.

Gelado`

Veteran
If you haven't tried a pure sativa, they're airy, leafy, and much less frosty--just a heads up! If you score in Toba I think it will be compressed since it's still highly illegal in Indonesia.

EDIT: Toba will be tourist prices and definitely seedy/stemmy brick weed.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

These pics are of plants grown from some Sumatran seeds I gave. So they aren't mine.

You can see that they are all hermies and with characteristic leaves with slender fingers and very long tips, almost 1/4 - 1/3 the finger length. And some weird freak leaves, some with overlapped and others with discontinuous fingers.

140501121935105723.jpg

140501123014374228.jpg

14050112221620226.jpg

140501122444738868.jpg

140501122718406227.jpg

Greetings

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Thule

Yes, they show those bright leaves, at least when young.

The plants in the pics aren't grown by me, but they are from seeds I gave. They are grown indoors and they seem fed with more nitrogen than I use to do. They are much darker than mine.

These are grown by me. They are the grandparents of those above.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=190099

Last season I lost my plants. Now I am trying to grow them at least to make fresh seed and preserve them. But as they don´t germinate well even fresh, now I only have been able to raise two plants from many seeds because they don't sprout a year after their harvest. It is strange but the seeds in this line has a very low viability. I think they are too much inbred.

Best regards.

Nnquan

Tottally agree with you, proper handling gives a totally different result, i tried to grew a couple of seed from the bags. Got 1 male and 3 female. All female hermied, but only a few pods per plant, i sorta find them all before it spread polen. But over all result with proper care and handling aceh weed, by far is strong sativa. I harvested one, and the other two, busted by my mom. So thats the story from my aceh weed grow, hope that helps.

Nnquan

Nowadays, because the legalization issue which has spread the world, there are many potheads in Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia who have start to plant Aceh seed indoor and outdoor for own usage, and some of them works well. Of course its very dangerous thing to do in here because the drug law is still very strict.

Thanks to internet and this kind of forum from which they get information for breeding quality strain. :tiphat:

Ayyooooo bertanam ganja, sudah waktunya.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Nnquan

Nice to see you can get Aceh ganja seeds there. You are lucky to get a male. I must make seeds with hermies because the lack of males in my plants since the begining.

Haiyaa

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
ahortator, do you ever find any true females or males from the seeds the hermi's produce, or just more hermi's?
It must be really good if you reproduce hermi's for smoke, but the best herb I ever smoked was hermi so I believe in hermi's not necessarily being a bad thing.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Randy

I have found almost true females (a female with only a few bananas and male flowers in only one branch) in plants raised from seeds from hermies. But I have never found a male.

I think the worst thing using hermies descendants from only one hermie plant is that they suffer a strong inbreed depresion. You get many aparently healthy seeds but only a few sprout and their viability is not very long.

Nevertheless the psychoactivity is very good.

Best regards.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hi Randy

I have found almost true females (a female with only a few bananas and male flowers in only one branch) in plants raised from seeds from hermies. But I have never found a male.

I think the worst thing using hermies descendants from only one hermie plant is that they suffer a strong inbreed depresion. You get many aparently healthy seeds but only a few sprout and their viability is not very long.

Nevertheless the psychoactivity is very good.

Best regards.

Have you gotten more than two plants to sprout by now? Best of luck!

ahortator

Veteran
Only three.

I've lost last year plants so I wasn't able to make fresh seeds. Anyway the seeds I have are from the end of 2012 - beginig of 2013. When I had about 24 small plants beacause I prefer to have many small plants than a few big to avoid inbreeding.

I am trying to sprout them, but only 3 sprouted in March. Later none has sprouted. I am currently trying to sprout more seeds to get more plants involved in making the seeds, but without success.

I hope not to lose this strain.

Thank you very much.

Grretings.

VesperPotts

Hi everyone.. I'm new here :D
i am so happy to find this thread..

I'm from indonesia, living in jakarta. as someone has stated that you never know the quality of weed you're buying until you smoke it. but a few months ago i got a very good one, i really like the high. so i decided to plant the seeds. now i have 4 female plants in flowering and 4 plants in veg stage (2 were confirmed female) from a total of 12 germinated seeds. i killed all the males because i don't want seeds. they smell fresh and fruity, like orange. but yeah I'm not sure where this weed is coming from and what strain. maybe ill post some pic later.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
a few months ago i got a very good one, i really like the high. so i decided to plant the seeds. now i have 4 female plants in flowering and 4 plants in veg stage (2 were confirmed female) from a total of 12 germinated seeds. i killed all the males because i don't want seeds. they smell fresh and fruity, like orange. but yeah I'm not sure where this weed is coming from and what strain. maybe ill post some pic later.

That sounds nice... but it's a pity that you killed all the males. When you have a nice local strain it's always nice to make a few seed to preserve the strain, unless you still have many of the original seeds. Because if the strain ends being really nice, you won't be able to grow it again and it will be lost haha.

This is the reason why now it's impossible to find authentic and traditional Jamaican, Mexican and so many other local strains in their places of origin. Because there no one took the time to make a few seeds and preserve the landrace. Or like with other strains, they had to be preserved in a poor way or even with hermie males so it's a total waste of time.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

VesperPotts

That sounds nice... but it's a pity that you killed all the males. When you have a nice local strain it's always nice to make a few seed to preserve the strain, unless you still have many of the original seeds. Because if the strain ends being really nice, you won't be able to grow it again and it will be lost haha.

This is the reason why now it's impossible to find authentic anor traditional Jamaican, Mexican and so many other local strains in their places of origin. Because there no one took the time to make a few seeds and preserve the landrace. Or like with other strains that only hermie plants were used to preserve them so it's a total waste of time.

:biggrin:

oh i never thought of it before, thank you mustafunk. i guess i have to learn to breed them. but no problem, i still have hundreds of seeds in my bag. btw id be happy to share the seeds to fellow growers in jakarta.

Latest posts

Latest posts