What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aceh weed (Indonesia's finest)

Volksrod

Is there anybody who ever smoked this so-called legendary Aceh strain? Or is there anybody who ever scientifically studied this type of landrace?

Cheers, let me know! :thank you:

Volksrod

Haha yeah it sucks, all the cops here are f*ckin' corrupts so if you want to grow some herbs then you have to bribe them first for God's sake......

I've lived for almost 19 years here in Jakarta, we don't have what you guys been smoking for so long (like hash, premium buds, etc) but I am really interested if anyone here in ICMAG did smoke some of Indonesia's finest which comes from Aceh. From my personal view, I do think Aceh's strains does have powerful high if they were bred perfectly. Well you know, most illegal growers here just plant whatever seeds they want and then LEAVE IT before it gets raided by the corrupt cops -_-' haha oh well maybe I can give my collectible seeds to one of you so you guys could learn from them seeds

Bless too man!

Hi Volksrod , i'm really happy to see an other landrace lover , but i have never hear somethink about the aceh weed , if you have some new info i would love to see it , you are so lucky to have pure strains , here is really rare .

have a blessing day , good vibes

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

This was my "ladang ganja" three years ago.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=190099

I have never seen a male only intersexed females in different degrees. Some plants so slightly that I could call them females.

A friend sent me some seeds he got from a friend of him who was there.

They arrived at my home labeled as Sumatra Tuk-Tuk. It's the only info I have about them.

I have read that Tuk-Tuk is a village in the island of Samosir in lake Toba, in Northern Sumatra (Sumatera Utara). Not very far from Aceh.

The buds are very thin and smell like carrots. The glands are almost invisible but the high is very good and trippy, at least for me. I must say that I am not a heavy smoker.

Sadly I haven't be able to grow them properly only with a great lack of Sun light. My home is not very good for ganja growing.

The main problem for me is that they are very prone to powdery mildew. The seeds don't sprout very well, even being fresh.

Best regards.

Hi ahortator , very nice ladang ganja.

your are another lucky one lol ,

do you have try it under hps ?

Gelado`

Veteran
Selamat datang 'bang Volksrod! Would love to see and try some Aceh ganja. I know they use it for chicken soup in Aceh (and once upon a time at Aceh restaurants in Jakarta too)!

ahortator

Veteran
Hi ahortator , very nice ladang ganja.

your are another lucky one lol ,

do you have try it under hps ?

Hi SativaSmoker

Yes I am very lucky because I can smoke this strain.

I can't afford to grow indoors. I am currently trying to grow a few in guerrilla, but without much success.

This is the info I have found about Sumatran Tripping Weed.

As well as Thai Stick there was also "tripping weed" coming out of Sumatra and Vietnam that .... well you really have to try it to understand. The high is more like an acid trip than a weed experience.

Indonesian is the most consistently potent sativa I have ever grown or smoked. Very racey, very paranoia inducing and some of the harshest tasting weed I've ever experienced. Very easy to grow, very tough, 100% mould resistant and every crop always had early flowering phenotypes that actually began flowering BEFORE my earliest skunk or indica. Apart from the taste I couldn't fault Indonesian and boy do I miss it now. I used to cross a really early Indonesian with my other sativas (especially Thai) to bring back the flowering and I thought nothing of it. Now I realise that I must have had something special. Indonesian was the first pure sativa line that I ever worked with extensively and so I didn't know any better. I thought all sativas were like Indonesian.

"Sumatran Tripping weed" as it was called in the 80's is a different animal altogether. Possibly the most potent weed I've ever smoked (equal with Thai Stick). A bit like smoking methamphetamine.

This is from Brian Preston's book: Pot Planet: Adventures in Global Marijuana Culture

http://books.google.es/books?id=4hZ...A#v=onepage&q=sumatran tripping grass&f=false

You can see many videos and pics with cops destroying ganja fileds in Aceh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU6hxQgm2eE

I have read that in Sumatra the ganja is more tolerated by the authorities than in other parts of Indonesia because there is a long tradition, even as a curry flavouring.

http://www.slashfood.com/2007/06/29/indonesia-says-cannabis-curry-is-legal/

But it is still very dangerous.

Best regards.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all landrace lovers :)

Here are a few pics of banda aceh northern sumatra sativa, we grew it almost 10 years ago (pre tsumani) so details are a bit foggy now but for what i can remember there was only one firm male, the females were very hermie and sadly removed to avoid pollinations with other lines, so unfortunatly i can not comment about the properties/quality of the female flowers, they grew like a typical pure SE asian tropical sativa.

Attachments

• ace gold7.JPG
    ace gold7.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN3268.JPG
    DSCN3268.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3269.JPG
    DSCN3269.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN3278.JPG
    DSCN3278.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN3281.JPG
    DSCN3281.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 85

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Smoked some Indonesian ganja in the past, but if it was from Sumatra, i don't know.What i remember it was a good smoke.:blowbubbles:

Keep on growing :)

OLDproLg

Veteran
Welcome new friend to icmag!

Hey,if you still want to spread the love(seed) then
just get your posts up to 50 an then PM someone maybe!
or somebody on here,that may know local people in your place?
Lg

High everyone , thanks for all the info and i wish you the best for your guerilla project ahortator

I hope too Gelado a trip in Aceh can be very great.

very nice picture dubie and is so sad when your female was hermie .

Good vibes everyone and sorry for my bad english

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

Thank you very much SativaSmoker.

I would give all my last harvest for a male. I have never seen one in my line.

Hemies are not so terrible. You can smoke all your plants, but they will be seeded always.

The only problem is if you are growing other strains in the same spot.

Powdery mildew is far worse.

Some pics you can find looking for 'Ganja Aceh' in Google.

timthumb.php

19347383-5c63-71fd-cb90-c3e2c2c15cf9.jpg

626091Cabut%20Batang%20Ganja-web.jpg

Greetings.

Hi Ahortator , really ? you have never seen a male in your line ? are you sure they are dioique ? ( i'm not sure about the english word ) and really nice pictures thanks for the sharing .

ofcourse Powdery mildew can be really worst , unfortunetelly ... lol

good vibes and have a great days

J

Johnny Redthumb

awesome pics, love hearing about landrace expeditioms! growing in indonesia? fucking scary! i thought texas was rough! what movie was that again with vince vaughn where they go to prison in indonesia for weed?

Volksrod

Hi SativaSmoker, I did compared my seeds with western seeds and the results were unbelievable. Sumatran seeds are very dark, with vibrant orange-ish colour. They are smaller than mostly western seeds, and VERY FRAGILE. If you squish it with one finger, it will crush the skin. Where do you live btw? Cheers :)

Hi ahortahor, I'm quite shocked that there's someone here who ever had North Sumatran seeds. I feel you bro, the seeds mostly didn't sprout well because they are very fragile. So what are you growing right now? Cheers :)

Hi Gelado, why don't you come here to Jakarta and smoke some herbs with me? Cheers :)

Hi dubi, very nice sativas you've been growing for years! Do you still live around Indonesia? Let's meet up and share a joint. Cheers :)

Hi mexcurandero420, hehe yup it is very trippy...the high was so intense that even I can't feel my thumb! Cheers :)

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hi mexcurandero420, hehe yup it is very trippy...the high was so intense that even I can't feel my thumb! Cheers :)

Well it's not only the strong ganja i like, the coffee (Sumatra Lintung) is one of my favorites and for sweetening i use palm sugar from Sulawesi :D

Keep on growing :)